It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Daniels: It’s Only a Matter of Time Before There Is Blood on the Streets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I encourage you to read the full text HERE.

Over a century ago, the United States of America went through a divisive and bloody Civil War that separated the people of this nation bone from marrow. It split friends, families and eventually the nation itself as a line was drawn dividing the Union States of the North from the newly formed Confederacy of the Southern States.

Ostensibly, the war that followed was fought over the abolition of slavery, a devilish practice that never should have been allowed in the first place, and although it was the basic issue for the conflict – as is the case so much of the time – there were a myriad of other issues involved.

One – in my opinion – was just plain stubbornness and pride and the dogged determination that the South would not let itself be told what to do by the other half of the country, but trade, tariffs and different attitudes and beliefs about just how far a federal government could go in setting the tone and making laws to be obeyed by all the states were also involved.

The point I'm trying to make is that the feelings festered so long and ran so deep that men whose fathers had stood shoulder to shoulder in the war for independence faced off across fields of battle and killed each other.

The Civil War never should have happened, and had cooler heads prevailed on both sides, never would have. Southerners had to know that slavery was an abomination to the principles they had fought and died for in the Revolution.

No man has the right to own another man, to reap the fruits of his labor for nothing, to consider his children nothing more than commodities to be sold off or traded away on a whim, separating
families and breeding human beings like livestock.

But instead of acknowledging the very obvious evil of this situation, politicians from the South, convinced that the economy of the Southern States was dependent on slavery, chose to become a separate nation and soon after over six hundred thousand Americans lost their lives in a senseless war that would set the Southern States back a half century.

Surely, had it been approached by fair, level-headed men on both sides of the issue, abolition could have been achieved without war. But the rhetoric grew ever hotter. Brash young men on both sides, who had never fired a gun in anger, viewed a war as the pinnacle of romanticism, and implacable politicians refused to give an inch.

It's getting a little out of hand, IMO. I have kids man. I don't want a war.

What do you think, ATS? Is this piece not well-written? I understand many will have previous beliefs about Charlie Daniels but I don't think that changes the power of the article.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Is this not the same attitude we see on the streets of America today?

I see young people interviewed on television who can't even articulate the reason they are protesting. Others bent on destruction who probably espouse no cause but chaos.

I've seen hysterical protestors screaming about First Amendment rights which they seem to think only protects them and those who think like them and that the opposition has no first amendment protection and should be shouted down at all costs.

The rhetoric is becoming hotter and more nonsensical, the radical element more apparent, the violence and destruction of property more common place.

The pot is boiling and it’s only a matter of time before there will be blood on the streets.

Americans have the right to civil disobedience, a right to gather and demonstrate against some policy they feel is unfair or harmful to the country at large, but they do not have the right to interrupt commerce, break windows, burn cars or do bodily harm to those who disagree with them.

People who won't listen to reason, who ignore the law of the land and who try to stifle the opinions of others tend to forget that there is an element of violence on the other side as well, a side that, thankfully, so far has not yet come forth.

But, should these conditions continue, someday soon the violent elements of both persuasions will find themselves on the same streets, and what will ensue will not be pretty.

Learn from history, or repeat it.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops, our police and the peace of Jerusalem.

God Bless America

— Charlie Daniels

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
He writes that the Civil War was fought over slavery, that right there invalidates his article IMO. The Civil War was fought over taxes, nothing more. I'm from the North, but it should be called the War of Northern Aggression.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ater 9-11 I have absolutely no confidence anything will happen to stop the end of the Republic,I haven't seen one counter protestor yet and I know Im not going to.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

There's blood in the streets now, Charlie.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I believe he is referencing the differences in economic necessities inside an Southern agrarian economy vs. an Northern industrialized economy; which led to disagreements concerning taxes, tariffs and States rights vs. Federal rights etc.

The Abolitionist movement began around the 1830's and did play a part, but not a large one to say the least. Slavery was not THE issue but a small part of a much larger group of cultural and economic differences between the North and the South.

But instead of acknowledging the very obvious evil of this situation, politicians from the South, convinced that the economy of the Southern States was dependent on slavery, chose to become a separate nation and soon after over six hundred thousand Americans lost their lives in a senseless war that would set the Southern States back a half century.

He was supporting his later point about 'cooler heads' could have prevailed etal. Albeit not exactly historically correct, but his point was made.

I would not dismiss the entire article for the brief analogy. I don't read him stating slavery was THE reason.

He maybe right, we could be heading for a hard time as a Nation divided again, so much so that extreme violence erupts and polarizes.

Imho, most of these protesters have no idea what they are protesting or why; that is a huge problem.

mg

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The war has already started in democrat cities all over America, look at Chicago, Detroit ect.. that being said I got my tickets to see Charlie in April in NY!!

edit on 2 144314 1717 by WUNK22 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
From my perspective this country is tearing itself apart. I don't see dialogue anymore. Just banter. Hollywood folk say to punch Trump/supporters and the supporters speak about their weapons and that they know how to use them. It's not conducive of good debate which is what we really need. Not combat. But sadly, it's where we seem to be going. I hope that I am in a microcosm and the world isn't what my perspective sees.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I only hope the warnings of Ol' Charlie are given more heed than mine have been.

But I do not expect it.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I gotta admit while John Titor (He's a man who claimed to be a time traveler for those who don't know about him) sounds like a hoax, he does seems to be right about a 2nd American Civil War.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The reason was: Power.

Prior to the Civil War, there was a balance of power. Slave States vs. Free States.

Both sides tried very hard to upset that balance. Each time a new state entered the union, it was an uproar. If the state entering the union was to be a slave state, the free states would not want it, because it would upset the balance in the senate. Same was true if the state entering wanted to be a free state.

The Missouri Compromise in 1820 was the beginning of that tug of war. Missouri was allowed to enter the Union as a slave state, but only because at the same time Maine was allowed to enter as a free state, maintaining the balance of power.

This went on and on right up until the mid 1850s when the Missouri Compromise was repealed by the Kansas-Nebraska Act. A few years later the SCOTUS would declare that it was unconstitutional for congress to declare that territories were to be free areas where slavery was not allowed.

By that time, settlers from the south and settlers from the north, were opening conflicting with each other in the territories. Both sides literally funded by the northern and southern states.

In the election of 1860, Lincoln won and South Carolina left the union. Soon other southern states followed.

Now, here is where the "cooler heads" most likely were needed and we possibly could have avoided the Civil War:

There was several attempts at compromise, all of them rejected by Lincoln. One compromise was an amendment to allow slave states keep their slaves, and free states remain free, another was to reinstate the Missouri compromise.
Democrats agreed to it, as long as the Republicans would, but President Lincoln rejected both.

Virginia called for a national peace convention. Over 21 states attended, but it was pretty much ignored by the senate.

In his inaugural speech, Lincoln stated that he believed the Union was older than the Constitution, and therefor no state was allowed to leave the Union of it's own choice. He stated that he would "hold, occupy, and possess" all federal property in the states than had left.

So, yah, basically Lincoln declared war on the southern states when he was sworn in.

Let that sink in for a minute. He then tried to resupply the troops and Fort Sumter and Pickens, knowing full well what the reaction would be: A shooting war.

Seriously, did no one every wonder why there was no talking at first? Ever wonder why it's "The South's Fault! They caused the war!"

When in reality, the southern states more than likely would have been open to the idea of discussion.

They knew full well that the North held the advantage: they had all the industry, 22 out of 31 million people in the US at that time were in the north. Much easier to raise an army than in the south, where they only had about 1.3 million to call upon.

Why was Lincoln ready to rush into war so quickly? As most of you know, it was only a few short years later that the industrial revolution would have made slavery obsolete and not cost effective in the south anyways. It was going the way of the dodo.

Cooler heads indeed. But it wasn't just the south that were the hot heads.

Indeed. Who was it that decided "Total War" was necessary and so adopted a Scorched Earth policy?

A policy that was so horrible, my own state here in SC didn't fully recover from the war until 1942.

Pretty sad, when you consider that compromise and talking may have avoided the massive amounts of death that happened during that war.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
The reason was: Power.

Thank you for that. You tell it wonderfully.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's a race+ war they want, therefore it's a race+ war we can't give them.
edit on 15-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

There's also "follow the money". I don't have the documents here, but long ago someone mentioned it to me and I followed it up with some research, and yes, if you look at the tax income of the US in the five years leading up to the war, most of the US' spending money was derived from the Southern states. By far. Like 90% or more.

And the South was outvoted. So it was mostly spent on Northern infrastructure, which is where all the nice roads and factories in the North came from.

I could see that not helping a lot.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Good thread. The discussion has to be had.

The article in my opinion was pretty spot on. A second civil war would be completely avoidable if the right info would just be presented in the right way.

What we have now is a battle for information, and the right is losing that battle because of so much propaganda and lies, half-truths, media spin and Hollywood backed division being stirred on PURPOSE.

It's a mindless thing.

MOST right-wing people are not racists, or against civil rights, or against womens rights etc. But a FALSE sense of oppression is being pushed, and it's being pushed HARD by the MSM and pretty much every liberal outlet available right now. There are some small sects of classic liberals who are ALSO tired of the false narrative being pushed but so far it's not ENOUGH!

Most conservatives just want to be allowed to live how they want to live, not have their first and second amendment rights trampled on, not be forced to "be quiet" when the other side so vehemently opposes them. Their very humanity is questioned if they do and labeled racists, white supremacists and all sorts of other degrading things, things that define them as human beings simply for not agreeing with those whom constantly hound them because they possess a different set of more "traditional" morals than them.

These regressive leftists keep shutting down speakers, burning down cities, destroying local businesses, stopping traffic, and literally beating people up in the streets. And for WHAT?? Because they believe a completely false narrative being pushed on them by the schools and universities, MSM and Hollywood?? I can't even say it's ALL their fault, they are just mindless PAWNS.

We need serious help. I can't foresee this narrative ceasing to be pushed. If it doesn't stop we are destined for a bloody second civil war, all because of false news and false assumptions.
edit on 15-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I appreciate Charlie's concern about the country but I really don't need him to tell me blood is going to spill.
I have seen it coming for some time now.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There is a large part of the economy run with illegal immigrants, the benefactors give their dollars to the democrats, the democrats reap votes from the same illegal immigrants.

Any attempt to tip over their tea cup is a direct attack on their power base. Which is cheap labor, cheap votes, easy profits.

From fruit pickers to nannies, the progressives do not care about their slaves, only the perpetuity of the system. They are losing their grip on the ghettos around the cities, the middle class is rising up as their quality of life declines.

The actual land mass they control is miniscule, no second civil war will ensue. The border wall will go up, the illegal aliens will go home, and jobs will return to the forgotten cities. A new middle class will develop and progressive shenanigans will start to go extinct.

The only war will be fought by bureaucrats with their stifling regulations, excessive court room proceedings, and piles of globalist money shuffled around by Washington lobbyists. Trump will have a long eight year war, but he will enjoy every minute of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Since our bickering days of the 2012 elections and your historical savage hatred for Ron Paul, this is the first star I have ever given you.

I sure hope you are right!

edit on 15-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Since our bickering days of the 2012 elections and your historical savage hatred for Ron Paul, this is the first star I have ever given you.

Proof even on ATS old political foes can tone it down under Trump.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Wookiep

Proof even on ATS old political foes can tone it down under Trump.

Common sense is a mighty powerful thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join