It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two friends and a pikey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
A few men sat at the local pub, in a small English town. Civilized they call themselves, yet full of stereotypes based on other peoples stories, strangely enough these few men, all they ever did in life, was listening to someone elses narrative, to understand their own reality. Cause it was important to being able to say on a friday evening;" I told you so ", to those few, they called friends.
Who is anyone to blame, these are people who rejected their own soul, just to make sense of world they still do not know, even less being able to understand their own intuition, some might call it the spirit, i just say;" Its common sense ".

From the day they were born, they learned how to behave, but behind locked doors, they change to something very unreal.

And their story goes on a lovely spring afternoon;" I treat my animals with all the love and care in the world, i feed them everyday with premium grain of the finest barleys. Once a year i give them some meat, usually on christmas day. I take them for walk four times a day and i have strict rules, cause they need to know their place in the small household i and my family lives in. " the man in his late thirties said.

His friend on the corner wanted to place his opinion instead;" Did you see those filthy pikeys just a block from here, they let the dogs roam free. Savages i tell you, even the dogs.. " The man in his early forties paused for a bit, rethinking the story.. " I seen with my own eyes, they cant take care of their kids, its awful having them and their dogs running around in my own backyard, these pikeys are no good, they are born that way! Robbers and thieves! ". the man in his early forties, had his opinion said.

A man sitting at the bar turned his head around and said in a simple manner;" Im one those disgusting pikeys ". and the two men sat quiet. " Anyone is welcome to my home, its open for everyone, rich or poor, wild or not, but doing harm without a source and ill show you what a pikey means by a gypsy curse. " The pikey said with a grim face. " You are in leashes for a reason " and thanked the bartender for the lovely water.

" Good day gentlemen " The last words the pikey said to the two friends and the pikey whistled gently, and the stray dogs followed him thereafter.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nice story, but I really hate the word pikey. A sure way of getting into a fight is to refer to a gypsy as a pikey.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Nice story, but I really hate the word pikey. A sure way of getting into a fight is to refer to a gypsy as a pikey.

My old chum was a Pikey and they called themselves that. Now this was back in the 70's. and we were bairns then. Great bunch of lads who got no respect and never gave any back unless you earned it. Always had my back and I always had his.

Back then it was simpler times and we called each other all the derog's of our heritage and no-one got offended.

Can you even use that term here on ATS?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

My old chum was a Pikey and they called themselves that. Now this was back in the 70's. and we were bairns then. Great bunch of lads who got no respect and never gave any back unless you earned it. Always had my back and I always had his.

Back then it was simpler times and we called each other all the derog's of our heritage and no-one got offended.

Bit different when you are mates though aint it?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I dont believe you can actually use the word pikey, i am on the other hand, but it was a story i wanted to tell, and the words of honesty behind closed doors..

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Fair enough

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Bit different when you are mates though aint it?

True that mate but I'm a barfly to this day and I'm still a black-faced bloody Geordie and I live 4,000 km from Newcastle. Guess some people are a lot more tolerant than most others. I've never had a problem with making non-derogatory racial slurs here in Canada when out on the town. We give and take and raise a glass and buy rounds and walk each other home at the end of the night.

Intent is everything, and ignorance is nothing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Do they even sell Newkie brown over there?

Good point though, it does come down to intent.
It's just a word that puts me in mind of mouthy cockneys giving it large.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I dont believe you can actually use the word pikey, i am on the other hand, but it was a story i wanted to tell, and the words of honesty behind closed doors..

Well I appreciate you sharing this story and can appreciate where you are coming from as I've seen the ignorance (and worse) first hand.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Kukri

Do they even sell Newkie brown over there?

Good point though, it does come down to intent.
It's just a word that puts me in mind of mouthy cockneys giving it large.

Hell yeah mate. They love it in Quebec though it's on tap everywhere around Montreal (silly frogs haha).
I have to order it from the Brewers Retail here in my little backwater though.

ETA: cockneys are twats
edit on 2/14/2017 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

As one of those "disgusting pikeys" i could relate to it and remember quite few similar stories from my own experiences but my stories arent full of wisdom (at least obvious ones), they usually ended up for me getting beat down or me handing beat downs, still fairly often after a fights these same ppl whom attacked me because of my gypsy heritage, started to talk to me and became friends/friendly with me.. I learned to read allot of ppls intentions and later on it kinda choked me because i felt like most of the ppl around were following similar signals, nothing to do with their free will or spirit, they just act their parts like life is just a movie script.

Anyhow thanks for the great story, really gave good thoughts and memories to rethink and wonder about!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Its different being raised to fight, but yes, you learn to read people within a few seconds and when you strip someone of their masks they become violent and aggressive very fast, standing naked without a movie script to follow is not something someone is used to..

new topics

top topics

join