It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn Insists He Crossed No Lines, Leakers Must Be Prosecuted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Uninformed idiots should keep their fool mouths shut.

Well...the backlash of the disappointed has obviously begun.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The leak HAD to have been ordered by Obama.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

He was also a Democrat that was willing to accept the Republican nomination for Vice Presidential candidate so I mean...he certainly sounds super-duper Democrat.

I get it, the guy is a registered Democrat. But let's not turn that into he's on the DNC party line or something. He was more than happy to campaign for Trump and crap all over Clinton (don't blame him one bit for that), but hardly speaks to somebody who's solidly Democratic in thinking.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now resigned national security advisor Michael Flynn says the "real" problem is the "leak" not the content.

Flynn say the leaded transcript of his phone call with a Russian diplomat is a crime.

He is maintaining he crossed no lines by talking to the Russians, and he does not know where the leaks came from.

What are we missing here?

EXCLUSIVE: In Final Interview, Defiant Flynn Insists He Crossed No Lines, Leakers Must Be Prosecuted

In the final hours before his resignation, now-former White House National Security Adviser Michael T. Flynn said he “crossed no lines” in his discussion with Russia’s ambassador, but ultimately he was most concerned about the steady stream of leaks to reporters based on classified information.

“In some of these cases, you’re talking about stuff that’s taken off of a classified system and given to a reporter. That’s a crime,” Flynn told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group during a telephone interview from his White House office on Monday.

“You call them leaks. It’s a criminal act. This is a crime. It’s not just a wink and a nod,” Flynn said.

If he didn't do anything wrong then why is he resigning.

He did what every good soldier does.

Fall on their sword when needed.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Classified information being leaked is always concerning, absolutely.

But the irony of Flynn's comments considering the outrage on ATS from the right when the DNC and Obama said much the same thing is thick.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Its not like he transferred classified information to his own server,
then let his housemaid print it out.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

He wasn't fired because he did anything illegal, he was fired because the lie to Pence caused trust issues.

But, why did he need to lie?

If you're not doing anything illegal, then there's no reason to hide what you're doing from your "boss."

edit on 14-2-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Shamrock6

The content of the any leak is concerning but as far as national security and big picture goes...the people leaking info concerns me more. What's to stop a leaker from giving away deployment plans or asset locations for the sake of a news story or worse for profit to the enemy.

you mean like if there was going to be a big raid on ISIS and when the troops arrived the place was booby trapped and armed and ready?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm sure you realize the point of my post though, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I like the man, he helped me in the Army but if there was nothing wrong, why did he resign?

Frankly, I was excited for him in that position.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Snarl

I'm sure you realize the point of my post though, right?

Of course. It's hard to understand when I'm agreeing with you, ain't it? LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Okay. Did you have anything else completely irrelevant to my points to add?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the guy is an Obama holdover clearly he was trying to manufacture evidence to support the claim that Russia interfered with the election.
his phone call happened about the same time that the accusations of Russian hacking started appearing.

trump needs to hurry up and drain the swamp of all these Obama holdovers.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Maybe there's another conflicting narrative.

Flynn was on the phone with Russia's Ambassador.

What if the Russians recorded it and leaked it?

That won't fit the glove though.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
No I think you're right on, the Crony communist capitalist's of Russia are just as pleased as ever to machine distrust between both party's, of americas two party system.
But what's really interesting is the equivalence of having an entire server hacked and leaked vs a single civil servants phone transcripts... it's not the same and it's not of the same value, one side is so much information we still don't know what to make of it and one side resulted in a Man being asked to resign by the president.
It is Illegal for civilians to discuss these matters as Flynn is alleged to have done and it is illegal for this kind of information to come out...
WTF washingthon don't you have pizzagate level stuff to cover not just the blowback of the obama administration's policys, DRAIN THE SWAMP!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If the only evidence is leaks then yes but if a law enforcement has primary sources it is not.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

He didn't cross any legal lines. The White House made that abundantly clear today, like a gazillion times thanks to reporters that doesn't seem to understand the English language.

There was a breach of trust, and this seems to corroborate that story. When did people forget how to man up, apologize, and move on with life?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Leaks reveal the story.
They dont make the story.

Of course there's going to be deflection. We all know that. Every trump supporter in D.C. and in the media will be crying about the leak instead of the very real international threat that the leak has revealed.
There will be a party line to use tomorrow guaranteed. You know when every supporting pundit uses the exact same verbiage when answering a question about any given event.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Oh the Whitehouse made it abundantly clear?
The Whitehouse where trump calls the shots?
The same trump who is a stranger to the truth?

Ok.
Not the mud pit Karen. Not the. Mud pit. Breath.
Ok. I'm good....

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: swedy13

Oh the Whitehouse made it abundantly clear?
The Whitehouse where trump calls the shots?
The same trump who is a stranger to the truth?

Ok.
Not the mud pit Karen. Not the. Mud pit. Breath.
Ok. I'm good....

Which press briefing did you watch? The one I saw had Spicer copy/pasting the exact same statement twenty times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join