It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis or ....?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Your awful experience was very similar to several of the ones I endured from about my preteens to my twenties. I didn't see anything but I was tossed around my room like a rag doll. Or my astral body was. I couldn't tell. It did not feel like a dream at the time. It was painful like a real beat down.

Sleep paralysis sometimes still strikes me now. The worst I've had recently is a concurrent dream of shadow beings trying to force me to have an out of body experience. I just told them (in my thoughts) to get lost and threw in a "in the name of Jesus" for good measure. In this house so far I haven't seen shadow beings when I'm fully awake.

I suffered from demonic feeling sleep paralysis incidents more in two particular houses than others I've lived in. When I got it in the other houses it was not too scary. But in my last house and the one I grew up in it was demonic in feel.

In those two houses I also saw shadow beings while fully awake and had a select few other people living with me (my dad and daughter) who could see them, too.

I have never seen the hat man and hope I never do, but I saw one with wings that swooped down from the ceiling of my last house while I was changing my baby's diaper, if I remember correctly.

Sometimes when I was growing up and into my 20's, when I would awaken, I would see blobs attached to me. They faded as I fully awakened, but once there was a large one that snapped off as if I had surprised it by awakening fast and it actually left a red mark on my stomach. I saw these things more when I was growing up and living in my parents house. I can't remember ever seeing them anywhere else. But occasionally I will even now see things that look like spiders crawling on the wall that appear to be made of the same stuff the blobs were made of.

I'm not sure what to think about all of this stuff. I think it's real and exists externally from our own thoughts and bodies. I don't think it's all imagination. But as to the nature of these things, I sometimes wonder if they originate from our collective unconscious and are therefore manufactured by humanity.

The hat man was a character in an episode of a tv show I saw when I was a teenager. Maybe it started out as a fictional character but enough people saw it and gave it a life somehow in reality.

In Japanese culture, there is a type of ghost called a Yurei, which we westerners now are familiar with through the movies like The Grudge and The Ring. Now why do the Japanese have this one particular style of ghost (which my mom claims to have woken up to one when she lived there while my dad worked there) and yet we don't have that style of ghost in the west? And now that that culture has been imported to ours, will westerners start experiencing Yurei?

Do we create these manifestations based on our own preconceived cultural ideas that we share through our collective unconscious? That might explain how we might never consciously heard of a hat man but could still experience one if enough people around us have the archetype in their mind. Another possibility is that we don't create them in a sense. That they exist as amorphous entities, but the form they can take when they manifest themselves is based on archetypes that predominate in our local culture.

I have been trying to understand why I have never seen a shadow being until roughly around the late 80's. Shadow beings seem akin to the concept of the Jinn. I'm wondering if there needed to be a certain critical mass of Muslim immigrants for their archetype to start manifesting in the western world.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

That's a great theory, it's probably a culmination of everything +more we don't yet understand. One thing for certain though, is that this phenomenon is real and has been happening since the beginning of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have hypnagogic (predormital) sleep paralysis. I've learned over the years to control the visions, sounds and hallucinations. I decided a long time ago that there's nothing to be afraid of. I believe everyone takes it to a dark place most likely because the first few reports of sleep paralysis were described as dark, dangerous and frightening in nature. You know, like when someone suggests something about an experience and so everyone has that same experience. I don't know the word for that. It's a neurological condition and isn't supernatural. SP isn't special... millions of people have it and billions will experience it at least once in their life. Figure out when you're going to have it, there are cue's. Like my cue is a quiet ringing in my ears that builds up and builds up and gets so loud that my (physical) ears actually ache. The ringing turns into screaming. Like a thousand people screaming. Then is stops suddenly and I am in SP. From there I can go where I want, imagine what I want, talk to whomever I want... or I can think about wiggling my baby finger and wake myself up. If I don't want the episode, I just get up and drink a bunch of water. Otherwise... it's like a magic carpet ride!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Have you ever seen anything evil in nature?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: QuestionsAboutReligion

Well... I suppose it depends on what one thinks is evil.

I've been seeing a tall shadow figure now and then since I spent a week in Barbados as a kid. I don't get the feeling that he's evil, more like curious. Just standing there watching. When I ask it questions (in my mind), it goes away. I've had the typical SP hallucinations like the "old hag", etc. but I don't get the ominous feelings that go along with those reports. Before I researched and understood the condition it was frightening but like anything the more you learn about it the less scary it is

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

Well... I suppose it depends on what one thinks is evil.

I've been seeing a tall shadow figure now and then since I spent a week in Barbados as a kid. I don't get the feeling that he's evil, more like curious. Just standing there watching. When I ask it questions (in my mind), it goes away. I've had the typical SP hallucinations like the "old hag", etc. but I don't get the ominous feelings that go along with those reports. Before I researched and understood the condition it was frightening but like anything the more you learn about it the less scary it is

Well put, thanks for answering. Does your avatar has anything to do with those shadow figures?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You are most welcome.

As for the avatar, no, I just thought she was cool looking and sort of represented my inner self

As for the shadow figure, I spent 10 days in Barbados. From the very first night I was there I began to see it. Every night about an hour after I fell asleep I would wake up and look toward the door of the hotel room. The room was completely black but the door was framed in a bright white light. Slowly the door would open and standing there was an extremely tall shadow figure. I could never make out any features but it was clearly a human - like figure wearing a robe. I would look at it, and it would look at me and then the door would close. Again, I never had the feeling of being scared by it. If anything I feel like it was scared of me haha! I never mentioned it to anyone until several months later while chatting with my parents and looking at photos of our trip, my father said "The only weird thing is every night I had the same dream about a tall shadowy figure in a robe..." I was shocked because I hadn't ever mentioned this happening. Him and I exchanged our memories of the shadow, each taking our turn and recalling the incident which was exact of each others. My father seemed to think that the area we were in had many strong spiritual energies. I could almost agree with that as we were in a area where their spirituality and religious practices are often times misunderstood. Personally, I think it was just the energy of someone who was there before us, perhaps decades before the hotel was even built there, and it's wandering around feeling lost. I can't be sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ive been doing anything and everything to get rid of it including full disbelief.

I think it has something to do with a dream i had when i was five about creating this Universe. Even tried dmt and it took me back to the dream...possibly a sign.

Definitely need to figure it out as i cant live my entire life feeling like people are being used as puppets to erode my soul day in and day out in some kind of war of attrition.

Maybe this thing is the proverbial antichrist lol. Who knows.
edit on 15-2-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

That is a really creepy succubus picture.

I had SP once during a lonely and dark time in my life. It also introduced me to ATS. Weird and unusually vivid nightmare, saw a large shadow, felt a presence - terrifying. Couldn't move for a couple minutes and it was painful to get out of the "lock." While I struggled to move, something sat on the sofa near my feet, and just seemed to acknowledge my loneliness, but I was scared sick. It moved out of my field of vision and cast a shadow on the ceiling as it moved through a doorway. I grabbed a bat and threw open every door and closet after rising because I was convinced it was in the adjacent room. No hats or syringes, mind you, but it definitely shook me.

I must've scanned every medical and paranormal forum relating to SP on the net. I even called my mom. The skeptics and biological explanations made me feel a lot better - the demonologists and mythology made me worry I'd been marked.

It never happened again.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I found your description of your ears ringing to be very interesting. At the beginning of my experience last week, as I was falling asleep, I remember a strange humming/vibration sound in my ears. It started out slowly and quietly and built up into a crescendo of a very loud, vibrational humming sound/sensation.

Full disclosure, although I had never previously experienced "SP" I have been keenly interested in it and similar phenomenon for many years. I have always wanted to have an "OBE" or whatever you want to call it. For the past few months, I have been practicing getting relaxed as possible and clearing my mind at bedtime. Not exactly meditation, per se but just deep relaxation. Also, I delved into a bit of occult literature recently. I had never previously read anything along those lines, so perhaps I just had strangeness on my mind and it spilled over into my subconscious.

For the majority of my life, I haven't spent much time or effort pondering "spiritual" matters. For the past year or two however, I've become somewhat obsessed with all things mystical/magical. I'm open to the possibility that my "SP incident" was just a product of my imagination. On the other hand, I get this feeling that my experience was symbolic in some way and that there was a lesson to be learned. My initial intuition was that I shouldn't be obsessing over occult type things. When I called out for Jesus (in my sleeping mind) that surprised me because I'm not religious whatsoever. After my experience however, I am now trying to stop dwelling on "strangeness" and thinking about opening my heart and mind to the possibility of Jesus, or a loving God of some sort.

edit on 2 16 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal
It's awful you feel so oppressed and attacked. But if it helps, I've known a lot of people who have gone long stretches of their lives feeling that way, so you're not alone. Try to believe in yourself. If you've got any kind of a faith in God, pray for strength and assure yourself He loves you. If not, try some other way to build up your positive outlook and confidence in a way you are comfortable with. (I'm not here to push my religion on anyone but I have to use the terms and references I'm familiar with. I respect other people have their own).

Because it seems that the consensus of people who study up on negative entities or gang stalking kind of activity is that they chip away at a person's well being to feed off the pain they cause. So don't give them anything to feed on. Easier said than done, I'd imagine. I wish I could encourage you more. I'll pray for some positive energy to come your way.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Before I ever had SP when I was in my mid teens before I completely corrupted myself I was able to have a few OBE's. Never did I feel or hear a ring. During most every SP, I have heard and felt that ring. It is not the same as a calm and good OBE.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I would hear a roaring sound for the worst ones. Others sounded like I was in the middle of a wind storm.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

When I get the roaring sound, it's generally the blower on the AC. I could never figure out what that sound was but one SP I woke out of it really slowly and the roar slowly toned down until it became the normal central air blower.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
There is a theory that sleep paralysis is when you wake up while astral projecting at the same time. I don't know if you're familiar with this theory or not. Supposedly the shadow and the feeling of not being able to breathe or move is because your spirit is re-entering your body.

That happened to me last week as I felt the buzz noise in my head and then I had the same dreamy feeling of Sleep Paralysis but I could open my eye's and I moved my arm up but it wasn't my physical arm but an outline and felt I could drift up from my bed but I got scared thinking I might not return and then shut my eyes and went back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
One night in my teens I woke up with sleep paralysis in the middle of an earthquake going on.

Completely paralysed as it proceeded watching everything shake. It was eerily quiet afterwards and I was still paralysed. Then the thought hit me what if the earthquake was worse than I thought and that im not paralysed but dead. I seriously entertained the idea I may have died in the earthquake for a minute or so.

Then I found I could move around a bit after some time and got up to walk around the house. My dog was cool with me so I figured nope not dead cool. Go back to sleep. Was one of the weirder sleep paralysis experiences ive ever had..

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth
This is a good watch. Just don't plan on sleeping lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LostonEarth

Nice! I'm going to watch it. Thanx

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Have any of you had spirits made of light in SP /astral/ or real life? I've had lots of weird spirit stuff since I could remember. When bad things appear there is one that always shows up. Like one time I thought I was dreaming and these imps tried to lead me to my closet but the guardian thing bit my hand and threw me back in my body and started there till I calmed down then disappeared. I've had the black tall shadow most of my sp but lately it's started talking. It's like it/voice tries to convince me I'm not awake and to go back to sleep. I've had sp for a long time and the only thing that works for me wake up is getting angry. I also get woken up from my dreams cause I feel something is watching me and I wake myself and see things that fade once I'm fully awake. Like owls or canines made of light when it's not shadow things. Also if they are trying to convince me to sleep or I force myself to wake it it's like sometimes I can still see the dream playing like a projector but it's like a slowed down film
Where I can see it frame by frame. Anyone else have things like this or know what it is?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mazamure

I had a soothing voice once call my name that instantly snapped me out of it. That is as close to good in any of the dread I have ever felt.

No light, only shadows and horrible imagery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join