It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wanted to build a wall in 1958 Western Tv show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just love coincidences. In this 1958 tv show called Trackdown with Robert Culp a conman named Walter Trump says he will build a wall and save the town from the end of the world and he's the only one who can save them.

When questioned by the Ranger he says "Be careful son, i can sue you".

He tells the townsfolk "I am the only one. Trust me, i can build a wall around your homes that nothing can penetrate." You ask how do i build that wall? You ask and I'm here to tell you".

The narrator says: The people were ready to believe. Like sheep they ran toward the slaughterhouse, and wating for them was the high priest of fraud.

I don't know who the writer was but a youtube comment claimed that Fred Trump was known to be a conman around that time so naming the character Trump may have been a dig at him. Anyway, the coincidences are very entertaining. The full episode is also on youtube. This is a 4 minute clip.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It's just so apt

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Walter Trump. Walt is short for Walter. Walt. Walt Disney.

Walt Disney created many lovable characters.

Donald Duck was one of them. Donald. Donald Trump!

Dudeeeeeee

edit on 14-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Did he get the other towns to pay for it??

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

He got the townspeople to pay for it. He was selling parasols with a magnetic force repeller for 50 bucks each and something he called magnetium to protect the livestock. The price went up to 75 each after Culps' character objects. The townsfolk end up robbing the bank to pay for it.

Oh and he said the world would end at midnight by a comet that collided with/came close to Earth and fire would rain down on all.

edit on 14-2-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What I like best about this is that it really speaks to the human condition.

Since time immemorial (And 60ish years ago), people have been fearmongering about the "other". The terrifying unknown. That which is different from what we understand. Build a wall, build a moat, build a bigger gun to protect me from "the other".

Nothing changes. Today it's Muslims, yesterday it was Jews, tomorrow it'll be Martians. So turns the wheel.
edit on 14-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This would mean that the Emperors of China, when they built the Great Wall, were predicting Trump...

Does that mean when Joshua brought down the walls of Jericho he was actually the opposition to Trumps wall???

Wow.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Oh wow, so all of the people who have ever built a wall were secretly racist.

Sounds as legit as any other Ermagawd trump nonsense so prevalent on the boards these days.

Maybe someone should tell Obama that.

freebeacon.com...

Workers were seen Friday morning building a new brick wall around his multi-million dollar home in Kalorama, a high-end neighborhood in the nation's capital, the Daily Mail reported. The brick wall will serve as a barrier for the home, which sits close to the street.

edit on 15-2-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Racism has nothingto do with this topic. Nothing to do with the Great Wall of China or Jericho.

There are coincidences in the tv show to Trump which i've pointed out.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Imma just gonna bump this thread.

I just watched the breakdown of the episode and Holy Heck that is eerie!!

Fun Times.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The only thing I have to add is Americans have wanted a secured southern border for decades. Trump didn't sell the idea to anyone, he just sold the idea that he would be the one to get it done.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Possible reasons for it being a coincidence:

i) Walls are fairly normal in human history. From walled villages to the great wall of china

ii) Fred Trump was investigated by the US senate in 1954 for profiteering, making his name nationally known four years before this T.V show aired.

So Trump became president. Are there any other T.V shows from this era or earlier or later where i) someone builds a wall, and ii) has a different name? Maybe, maybe not. If you take it at face value, its a pretty eerie connection.

top topics

join