It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason General Flynn Was Forced to Resign

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If that's all it was Trump wouldn't have asked Flynn to resign.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: AMPTAH

We still don't know exactly what was said in that phone call. It could have been a passing comment from the ambassador and the media is making a bigger deal of it than it was.

If it was no big deal. Flynn would still be there. It was his lying to the VP and making them look stupid that was his fall from grace. Now there will be an investigation and the "real" Russian connection will be revealed.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HighWizard

Boy you sure are talking a lot about why I said what I said because it sounds like something you heard somewhere else from somebody you disagree with.

See how that works both ways there? Fun, innit?

Bottom line: you made the assertion that the shadow government wanted Hillary over Trump, and you stated that as some sort of fact. Questioning how it is that this powerful shadow government was somehow unable to put their candidate in office during the election but has enough power to get rid of people after the election is absolutely and categorically warranted.

The fact that you can't provide anything approaching a logical response to the question speaks volumes, which is why you had to resort to attacking my motivations

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Telos

His phone was tapped. The intelligence community know what was said in those conversations. Regardless of whether there are people in the government out to get Trump what Flynn said in those conversations was apparently a violation of the Logan Act. Then not only did he violate the Logan Act he lied about the content of those conversations to his bosses who now look like idiots for repeating those lies on national television.

Flynn screwed up. He deserved to be fired. End of story.

Lol the Logan Act.
Let me know when the use it agaisnt the bilderberg group, Trilateral commission and the Council on Foreign Relations.

It's a paper tiger law.

Honestly I hope they use it on Flynn, and Flynn loses, giving the act teeth.
Then Trump and Sessions can start shooting fish in a barrel.

the Logan act was created because a private citizen embarrassed the Federalist Party by showing superior diplomatic skills as a private citizen than the government diplomats, ending an embargo and getting american seamen released.
Logan did such a good job he landed himself in the senate as a Democratic-Republican.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Good thing General Flynn wasn't caught on a hot mike telling
a Russian Ambassador to "Just wait until the election is over,
then I'll have more leeway"
The utter hypocrisy of the left is academy award caliber

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: StoutBroux

How do we know that nothing was done? Apparently Yates warned Trump about Flynn and he did nothing. Hell, apparently the administration were briefed on what Flynn did last month and they sat on the information. So who knows when they were first actually informed about what occurred.

Yates may have been part of the O'Gladio Conspiracy.

A trip wire experience.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I never said anything that could be misconstrued as to being something I heard and applied to you from an external source. That's a point of fact. Second, you keep applying assumptions of my estimation of their overreaching power. I assume their intent and ability. Not that they are all powerful. That is obvious to anyone that simply reads my words without making assumptions as to the person who wrote them and their ultimate meaning.

Your behavior is asinine because instead of fairly judging and individual, you lumped me into a communal group as you see them here on ATS and possibly elsewhere. Such behavior can be considered some of the most foolish. No one who participates in such assumptions of information can be considered intelligent.

Now, your intelligence level and lack of discussion skills aside, I made a statement as to a shadow cabal that operates as a government within a government wanting Hillary Clinton to have power instead of Donald Trump. I believe Hillary to have been and maybe still be a member of this cabal. I do also believe that some of the same entities are involved in the take down of Flynn.

If you want evidence, look at pizzagate. I'm not saying its all true, but I'm saying there are threads to be tugged at that may lead elsewhere. Look at the emails released via wikileaks. I'm not saying it's all true, but I'm sure quite a few of the emails are factual and were stolen from her people. Etc. Etc.

But obviously there are a myriad of entities and agencies and people at play on a national and global scale that are all vying for our planets limited resources and power. I don't believe them to all be working together to end to world or towards a single all powerful world order. I simply believe that they are working and do have some power. I believe that a few or maybe many wanted Clinton in power, and were thwarted this time, by other power players and maybe even just by good old fashioned people power.

Trying to sum me up and or bring me down with a few vague paragraphs because you thought your inferred something from a few lines I wrote is silly, my friend. I'm a wizard. I always have more thoughts, opinions and words on a topic. Always.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Like I said. He will never be prosecuted (even though he technically broke the law.) That said he's one of the few people that violated the Logan Act that is also in a position to receive punishment. Most people that violate the act are President-elects, celebrities, or business leaders.

For the most part Flynn was a nobody and as a result he had to suffer some punishment.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Obama was President when that conversation was captured. It's kind of a major part of the job to negotiate with foreign powers. He isn't culpable for violating the Logan Act. Not only did Flynn violate the Logan Act he lied to his bosses about doing so.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My feeling is that he's a scapegoat for initially sanctioned behind the scenes moves
(Reagan/Iran hostages come to mind) but :

“Trump may think Flynn is the sacrificial lamb, but the reality is that he is the first domino. To the extent the administration believes Flynn’s resignation will make the Russia story go away, they are mistaken,” said Susan Hennessey, a former NSA lawyer.

Flynn’s resignation validates the suspicions of many in Washington that something is seriously amiss with regard to President Trump’s ties to Russia. This is the third member of Trump’s circle to be pushed out over Russia-linked scandals,” she said.

“This is only going to increase pressure from both the public and Congress demanding a full accounting of the nature of Trump’s connections to Russia both now and during the campaign.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that former acting attorney general Sally Yates informed him last month that Flynn’s misleading statements to Vice-President Mike Pence and other officials could leave him open to Russian blackmail. But it was Yates who was sacked, over her refusal to defend Trump’s travel ban, not Flynn. ”

Link

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
My feeling is that he's a scapegoat for initially sanctioned behind the scenes moves

It's pretty obvious, that Trump was behind Flynn's actions. Trump felt Obama was increasing sanctions on Russia, just to make it difficult for he Trump to get good relations with Putin when he entered office.

Trump wanted to hit the road running.

So, he authorized Flynn to communicate to the Russians their willingness to lift the sanctions as quickly as possible, to preempt any Russian moves at retaliating for Obama's actions, which would make it more difficult to "turn things around" once Trump got into power.

So, they were acting before the inauguration to undo the work of the Obama administration, to fit their own coming policies, to give themselves a jump start.

Maybe Pence didn't know anything about it, since Trump and Flynn may have had their own understanding.

So, when Pence asked Flynn, since Pence was out of the loop on this one, Flynn couldn't tell him without compromising the secret conversations he had with Trump. Flynn had to lie to Pence.

That, of course, made Pence mad, since he is the vice-president.

And so it goes...

But it did work, because Putin made a grand stand of showing

"' when they go low, we go high"

and refused to retaliate for the sanctions.

edit on 14-2-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Alex Jones is a shill for Trump.

In reality, Flynn’s conversation with Kislyak was merely the excuse that establishment neo-cons and neo-libs from both parties were desperately searching for.

Flynn’s conversation was about lifting sanctions , shifting the blame is the Donald's territory.

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?
twitter.com...

The real story here is he lied to the VP and the administrations closeness to the Russian government ,but ...look over there !
Yup Alex jones fully sold out.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I am still waiting for evidence of Logan Act violation. I doubt he will ever be charged because the case is too weak.

Obama definitely violated the Logan Act but nobody seemed to care.

2008 Candidate Senator Obama Sent U.S. Secret Emissary To Iran Telling Them Not To Negotiate With George Bush – Said Wait For Him To Be Elected….

The facts of this story have existed in discussion since last year, yet failed to capture traction until the recent protestations of VP Joe Biden, and Secretary of State John Kerry.

From a radio interview in October of 2014 Mark Levin discusses with Michael Leeden the details of a secret message sent by candidate Senator Barack Obama to Iran in 2008 via a former Ambassador, William G Miller.

In essence the content of the communique was Senator Obama telling the Iranian government not to negotiate with the outgoing George Bush administration because Obama was more friendly toward the position of Iran and he would work to structure a more favorable outcome to the Iranian people.

theconservativetreehouse.com... e-bush-said-wait-for-him-to-be-elected/

Secret message means "there is zero proof it's not made up..."

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Or do people think it was just coincidence that Iran released the hostages right after he was inaugurated?

Oh how I wish Jimmy Carter would talk about it!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Damiel

It's pretty obvious, that Trump was behind Flynn's actions. Trump felt Obama was increasing sanctions on Russia, just to make it difficult for he Trump to get good relations with Putin when he entered office.

Trump wanted to hit the road running.

So, he authorized Flynn to communicate to the Russians their willingness to lift the sanctions as quickly as possible, to preempt any Russian moves at retaliating for Obama's actions, which would make it more difficult to "turn things around" once Trump got into power.

So, they were acting before the inauguration to undo the work of the Obama administration, to fit their own coming policies, to give themselves a jump start.

Maybe Pence didn't know anything about it, since Trump and Flynn may have had their own understanding.

So, when Pence asked Flynn, since Pence was out of the loop on this one, Flynn couldn't tell him without compromising the secret conversations he had with Trump. Flynn had to lie to Pence.

That, of course, made Pence mad, since he is the vice-president.

And so it goes...

But it did work, because Putin made a grand stand of showing

"' when they go low, we go high"

and refused to retaliate for the sanctions.

Either that, or they have "blackmail" info on Trump and are holding it over his head.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Tghis was a Obama admin landmine left for trump to deal with actually. he even put up a coms network to try and take out each part of trumps admins one at a time. Its time fo ra round of Polygraphs machines to be used on all Obama hold overs and friends of him. as well as trumps own people.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Trump's in a very dangerous position by not playing nice by establishment rules, kinda like JFK didn't play by the rules. Not that Trump is even worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as JFK, but he (Trump) could meet a similar fate. Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: olaru12

Flynn was just trying to protect Trump, but Trump threw him under the bus anyway. Flynn will be investigated and might spill his guts about the "real" Russian connection. This is why the Trump team in place now is in total chaos. They know the hammer is about to fall.....

The administration is trying to sell this as Flynn having a trust issue, but did nothing illegal.

The reason they are trying so hard to get everybody repeat "trust" as the cause, is that, not only was Flynn's actions illegal, but must have been sanctioned by Trump himself. If they admit it's illegal, then further investigation is required, and Trump gets implicated, and maybe impeached. If they get everybody to accept it's an internal "trust" issue, then by firing Flynn, the case is over, and people stop looking at it.

Exactly.

Five phone calls.

That's a negotiation. Who prides himself on being a deal maker? Not Flynn...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is going to be an in depth investigation of Trumps Russian Connection. Flynn was just one of many involved.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And when charged, he could always make a deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join