It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason General Flynn Was Forced to Resign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Some interesting take on the reasons why Flynn resigned.

The resignation of General Flynn is part of an ongoing effort by the military-industrial complex to sabotage President Trump and re-assert control over foreign policy.

Flynn was backed into a corner after it was revealed that he had a conversation with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak back in December. This was seized upon because it could be spun to validate the otherwise completely baseless conspiracy theory that Russia “hacked the election” to help Trump defeat Hillary Clinton and that Flynn’s talk with Kislyak was a promise of payback.

In reality, Flynn’s conversation with Kislyak was merely the excuse that establishment neo-cons and neo-libs from both parties were desperately searching for. They wanted him gone from the very beginning. This was a deep state coup.

www.infowars.com...

Other sources I found on the topic are referring to infowars. Whether we agree or not on the source, is an interesting take considering some known fact discussed here. As a conspiracy board we always tend to look at the untold side of a story and what's behind the scene. And Trump supporter or not, most of the things he has said during his campaign and what his doing now in the office, go strongly against the establishment agenda. Maybe will never know the real reason but the above article presents some real food for thought.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos
It's possible.

I like the angle that he and his son were researching the taboo. And Hillary's tweet about it, priceless.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

His phone was tapped. The intelligence community know what was said in those conversations. Regardless of whether there are people in the government out to get Trump what Flynn said in those conversations was apparently a violation of the Logan Act. Then not only did he violate the Logan Act he lied about the content of those conversations to his bosses who now look like idiots for repeating those lies on national television.

Flynn screwed up. He deserved to be fired. End of story.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Alex Jones is a shill for Trump.

In reality, Flynn’s conversation with Kislyak was merely the excuse that establishment neo-cons and neo-libs from both parties were desperately searching for.

Flynn’s conversation was about lifting sanctions , shifting the blame is the Donald's territory.

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?
twitter.com...

The real story here is he lied to the VP and the administrations closeness to the Russian government ,but ...look over there !

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Agreed, and being the NSA he should have known someone was listening in, he's supposed to be the SME in this area...

I'm sure the left will throw out Flynngate or Flynnghqzi memes very soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm sure the military industrial complex works in lockstep with the Alphabet agencies and the rest of the shadow government, but that doesn't mean that they were the ones who got Flynn the boot. Shadow government are the ones truly responsible. It's the shadow government working against trump. The M.I.C. is only one arm of that shadow, and I've gotta say that it generate financial influence for the shadow government, I can't say that it and it alone is the seat of influence for the shadow government.

The power that generates and facilitates the functioning of the overall scheme is somewhere else I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Keyword.

Infowars

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Flynn was just trying to protect Trump, but Trump threw him under the bus anyway. Flynn will be investigated and might spill his guts about the "real" Russian connection. This is why the Trump team in place now is in total chaos. They know the hammer is about to fall.....
edit on 14-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I am still waiting for evidence of Logan Act violation. I doubt he will ever be charged because the case is too weak.

Obama definitely violated the Logan Act but nobody seemed to care.

2008 Candidate Senator Obama Sent U.S. Secret Emissary To Iran Telling Them Not To Negotiate With George Bush – Said Wait For Him To Be Elected….

The facts of this story have existed in discussion since last year, yet failed to capture traction until the recent protestations of VP Joe Biden, and Secretary of State John Kerry.

From a radio interview in October of 2014 Mark Levin discusses with Michael Leeden the details of a secret message sent by candidate Senator Barack Obama to Iran in 2008 via a former Ambassador, William G Miller.

In essence the content of the communique was Senator Obama telling the Iranian government not to negotiate with the outgoing George Bush administration because Obama was more friendly toward the position of Iran and he would work to structure a more favorable outcome to the Iranian people.

theconservativetreehouse.com... e-bush-said-wait-for-him-to-be-elected/

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

His phone was tapped. The intelligence community know what was said in those conversations. Regardless of whether there are people in the government out to get Trump what Flynn said in those conversations was apparently a violation of the Logan Act. Then not only did he violate the Logan Act he lied about the content of those conversations to his bosses who now look like idiots for repeating those lies on national television.

He indeed should have been fired. I am wondering why the conversation that took place on 12/25/16, was knowingly recorded and listened to, was not revealed as a violation of the Logan act at that time. How many people heard the conversation and read the transcripts prior to Trump's inauguration? Saving the revelation for the "correct" time? Since this occurred under Obama's watch, was Obama notified of this incident? This should have been dealt with immediately.

Flynn had a lapse in judgment in this whole situation. Did he think he could get away with it? Or he didn't??????

In reviewing Flynn's controversial past under the Obama administration, Trump should have NEVER hired this man. I hope Trump has learned a valuable lesson. Maybe Trump should Wiki search his appointees before making a final decision.

Consulting firm

Main article: Flynn Intel Group

Flynn, along with son Michael G. Flynn, runs Flynn Intel Group that provides intelligence services for business and governments.[37] Several sources, including Politico, have written that Flynn's consulting company is allegedly lobbying for Turkey. A company tied to Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's government, which supports Muslim Brotherhood, is known to have hired Flynn's lobbying firm.[38][39][40][41][42][43] On election day 2016, Flynn wrote an op-ed calling for U.S. backing for Erdoğan's government and criticized the regime's opponent, Fethullah Gulen; Flynn did not disclose that Flynn's consulting firm had received funds from a company with ties to Erdoğan's government.[44] In July 2016, Flynn said that the coup attempt against Erdoğan was something "worth clapping for", but two months later, when a company tied to Erdoğan's government hired Flynn's firm, Flynn hailed Erdoğan as a critical U.S. ally.[45]

Flynn sat in on classified national security briefings with then-candidate Trump at the same time that Flynn was working for foreign clients, which raises ethical concerns and conflicts of interest.[46]

edit on 14-2-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Flynn was just trying to protect Trump, but Trump threw him under the bus anyway. Flynn will be investigated and might spill his guts about the "real" Russian connection. This is why the Trump team in place now is in total chaos. They know the hammer is about to fall.....

The administration is trying to sell this as Flynn having a trust issue, but did nothing illegal.

The reason they are trying so hard to get everybody repeat "trust" as the cause, is that, not only was Flynn's actions illegal, but must have been sanctioned by Trump himself. If they admit it's illegal, then further investigation is required, and Trump gets implicated, and maybe impeached. If they get everybody to accept it's an internal "trust" issue, then by firing Flynn, the case is over, and people stop looking at it.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Alex Jones is a shill for Trump.

In reality, Flynn’s conversation with Kislyak was merely the excuse that establishment neo-cons and neo-libs from both parties were desperately searching for.

Flynn’s conversation was about lifting sanctions , shifting the blame is the Donald's territory.

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?
twitter.com...

The real story here is he lied to the VP and the administrations closeness to the Russian government ,but ...look over there !

Well, as long as Trump has spur of the moment intel briefings at his "winter White House" in front of dues paying members in good standing about the issue of North Korea...I don't think he should be worried about leaks.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Flynn will not be prosecuted under the Logan Act. It's never happened before and it probably won't happen now. It would just cause more trouble than it's worth. Unless an investigation finds that his relationship with Russia was closer than we think I say that him getting fired is a good enough punishment.

I mean let's not forget that probably the most famous example of someone violating the Logan Act was Reagan. Or do people think it was just coincidence that Iran released the hostages right after he was inaugurated?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'd like to read the transcripts of the conversation. So I could make an informed opinion of what was said.

Flynn resigned, it is all over now. He lied to the V. President about the content of the conversation. I doubt if anything real critical was discussed in that conversation but he should have informed the White House about it anyway.

Let's just move on and try to figure out who Trump puts in that job next. New crew, they are bound to make a few mistakes. I read an article that said that if they had experienced people in place, there would not be these mistakes. What kind of experience, carrying on with business as usual which would continue leading us farther down the wrong trail to a less stable economy?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The real reason Flynn resigned is that he was highly exposed to potential corruption and if it came out two years from now, the fallout would be infinitely worse than it was/will be for him to resign now.

Y'all think there's a big conspiracy angle to it now, just imagine how many orders of magnitude bigger it would've been two years from now if it came out.

Flynn would've been just as nuts deep in the military side of the MIC as anybody.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Depth in the ranks does not denote or preclude value. He may have been one of the until he sided with Trump.

Or after. He may have lost favor with them before he hitched up with the big T. Who knows.

I do know that the shadow gov wanted Hillary over trump, from a military industrial standpoint. War hawks like her keep the government coffers open for plundering. Trump on the other hand has already taken bother Boeing and Lockheed Martin to task over their prices for government contracts.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HighWizard

I really don't understand how people like you can sit here and talk about this all powerful shadow government that controls the president and elections and everything else under the sun and has done so for decades....

Except this one time when they couldn't control an election or the president. It's asinine, frankly. "They" control everything, until it's convenient for "them" to not be able to control everything, at which point "they" can't control the very things they've been controlling all along.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Boy, you sure are taking a lot of idea's about my thoughts on the shadow government from a few statements I made that happen to somewhat reflect statements you've seen elsewhere made by people you disagree with.....

You wanna talk about asinine?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

We still don't know exactly what was said in that phone call. It could have been a passing comment from the ambassador and the media is making a bigger deal of it than it was.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

How do we know that nothing was done? Apparently Yates warned Trump about Flynn and he did nothing. Hell, apparently the administration were briefed on what Flynn did last month and they sat on the information. So who knows when they were first actually informed about what occurred.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join