It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

787-10 rollout Friday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Boeing has announced the rollout of the first 787-10 for Friday in North Charleston, SC. The aircraft is scheduled for first flight later this year, and delivery next year. The "Dash 10" is the largest of the 787 family, adding 18 feet to the 787-9.

Charleston will be the exclusive facility for building the Dash 10, as the sections of aircraft are too large to transport across country to Washington. The aircraft was completed last month, and moved to paint early this month.

m.atwonline.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

who's going to be the end user(company wise)

and a little bonus, this is my dad on the new jet can you guess what it is from the inside

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

They have 150 orders for them. Etihad and Singapore both have 30 on order, with Air Lease Corporation with 25 behind them.

It's in the Global Express/G650 class it looks like.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Asia sure is upgrading their fleets it seems. JAL has been running commercials on tv and youtube and there first class look amazing.

do you think BWB's will be there next steep. I could see BWB for more economic travel and with the push back for civilian supersonic aircraft that would be the real first class

man i should have used a more obscure picture, boys and their toys the saying goes.
edit on 14-2-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think the BWB is a pipe dream for commercial aircraft. Cargo maybe, but they have too many interesting issues related to carrying passengers that would make a lot of people not want to fly on them.

I handled too many C-20s and C-37s to not recognize something in that class.

There are two small scale SSTs set to fly this year,one with a reduced signature, and NASA is about to drop their request for capabilities for a quiet boom demonstrator, with the RFP late this year or early next.
edit on 2/14/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

NASA and Boeing seem to think it's worth there time, but it makes more sense as a cargo hauler. i would hate to be in the middle seat in the middle row of a BWB, talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

these amazing first class commercial flights are pretty neat, very expensive but very cool. those seats are probaly buying these new 787's

my camera is in my bag but i got some nice shots from the new jet. our pilots were pretty nice they let me come up and get the tour of the cockpit, they didn't let me fly it.

i was like can i take a turn at flying this and they were like sorry sir we can't let you do that.....

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Forget being in the middle of the middle. Try keeping your lunch in one of the far window seats, 30 feet off centerline, during any sort of roll activity (in which your vertical distance traveled will be measured in "feet").

The ride on the bow of a high-speed jet catamaran doing 35 knots in 6 foot sea will be the norm for outboard passengers in a BWB.

That said, I'll be shocked if our next strategic airlift aircraft isn't one.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

ohh man that sounds like fun, like a multi hour roller coaster or something.

but i guess boxes don't care if they get a rough ride

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

quick snap before getting on

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nice! Bet it's a fun ride.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

i didnt want to make a thread about it, i didn't want to come off as bragging. it seems you and i are the only ones watching civilian aircraft news.

do you think they will paint the out side something cool. i know Disney stuff like from finding nemo has been on bigger air liners.

they should just put pictures of bags of cash, so expensive.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It's going to look like the other 787 paint, only with 10 on the side. I'm sure some of them will have special paint.

If you get down to Phoenix or Tucson let me know. I'd love to take a closer look.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

For sure this time was Baltimore, ,,,,,Oregon and a few others. Might not be till summer.
edit on 16-2-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

last of these, heard a few interesting stories from these guys in the past.... soming at about 70-80K moving very fast and the shape of a fighter.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My other half and i are already planning on "borrowing" it when the upper altitude winds are right, so i can go visit home.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

Forget being in the middle of the middle. Try keeping your lunch in one of the far window seats, 30 feet off centerline, during any sort of roll activity (in which your vertical distance traveled will be measured in "feet").

Sounds perfect for Economy Minus. US-based airlines would jump at the opportunity to have an even more unpleasant fleet so they could upcharge for adequate seats.

I used to use the "Economy Minus" as a joke, but it's now turned into reality: www.united.com...

More seriously, in a BWB I guess they could try to fit in a double-decker set of passengers (also good for profits to separate the cattle class below from paying customers above) along the center, and put the fuel and luggage/cargo more outboard.
edit on 17-2-2017 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

We aren't far from standing the entire flight.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We aren't far from standing the entire flight.

If you upgrade to "Plus", they will be generous enough to give you a cute foam 'turbulence cap'.

The rest of you will be charged for blood & vomit cleanup and cabin breakage if you flail about too much.

The higher end airlines will see the problem with the system and turn to new technology---you'll be hung while standing in a harness via a cable which connects a 'racetrack'. You'll be boarded, circulated, and exited like clothes at the dry cleaner.

Startups will figure out how to pre-insert people into the standard baggage container (insert credit card for 30 minutes of oxygen) and load everybody through the cargo terminal. Tall patrons need not apply.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm surprised they haven't gone to a wearable only carry on policy so they can get rid of the cargo hold and double their passenger capacity.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The last few times I flew either skiing or long term business I FedEx my stuff. It was so much easier.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join