It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear White People boycott Netflix

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ah yes Money, softens all stool.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Kryties

You mean drink some Mountain Dew?

The anti-white racist show creator, Justin Simien is not fictional.

just boycott the man and plant stuff on him if you need to get back at him. personally im just going to ignore the dummy.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How about, if you don't want to watch it, don't?

I've got all sorts of things to watch on Netflix, so I've got more important things to do than to worry about than "faux outrage of the day".

Now there's a show I might watch...

"Faux Outrage"

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Got it in one!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

"Faux Outrage"

That's called the nightly news and each channel seems to have it's own spin-offs now in syndication.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nope no such movie or documentary on my Netflix.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
what i love about netflix: i control the content and timing.

meaning: the show being discussed likely won't be seen. But I will keep watching copious amounts of Trailer Park Boys.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Or maybe I don't need a TV show to tell me how to respect others?

To cook, now? That's a different story...need all the help I can get, there.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HighWizard

So continue enjoying it.
There is no such show on Netflix.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The show won't be seen by anyone. It doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I certainly found it, it is the film, not 10 episodes of TV, however...

Apparently it's just not on Netflix yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
By his response I say he likes the outrage since it brings free publicity and more viewers!

Another Spike Lee in the making.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HighWizard
[SNIPPED], sorry you feel guilty for being white, sorry you feel privileged for being white, i have no privilege i was dead broke 4 years ago and have busted my ass with tons of overtime work and now own a house ,new car have money in savings and enough left over to invest , not, due to privilege but rather due to hard work, smarts, and sacrifice. That is not a white or black thing, it is called manning or womaning up and taking responsibility for your life and your decisions and putting in the work. Funny thing, hard work looks a lot like luck. I am sick and tired of people blaming others for their downfalls or short comings. To put it off on race is such an easy crutch to lean on and really minimizes the efforts that go into succeeding. How about instead of making excuses go out and make something of yourself. And when you are in a place to, help pull someone else up instead of trying to drag everyone else down.
edit on Tue Feb 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's time for me to cancel Netflix, it's to much when a writer tweets "F### White People" with Netflix funding his racist show!
edit on 14-2-2017 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Or maybe I don't need a TV show to tell me how to respect others?

To cook, now? That's a different story...need all the help I can get, there.

Is that what this show is trying to do...tell you how to respect others?

I thought the show was trying to highlight certain aspects of life for certain types of people, through the instrument of comedy.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have no idea. That is my guess, nothing more. If it's not, then I'm willing to stand corrected.

The premise holds no interest to me. I prefer gun battle, car chases, and pretty girls in my escapist movie watching. Just as watching "Birth of a Nation" isn't a film I'll ever watch, again. I mean the original film that Woodrow Wilson admired so greatly.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I have no idea. That is my guess, nothing more. If it's not, then I'm willing to stand corrected.

The premise holds no interest to me. I prefer gun battle, car chases, and pretty girls in my escapist movie watching. Just as watching "Birth of a Nation" isn't a film I'll ever watch, again. I mean the original film that Woodrow Wilson admired so greatly.

Like I said earlier, I think one needs to watch it before condemning it. Though, I admit, most likely I wouldn't watch it.

I have better things I like to do with my time.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

OK, I watched the trailer on Youtube. (I'm guessing it was the correct one... Winchester University, ya?)

Looks like a boring as hell program centered around enforcing stereotypes and continuing the culture of victimhood and excuses. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say the manufactured outrage has been something Netflix was hoping for as part of their marketing plan for the show.

But hey, I'm not a Netflix user, so it's not like any of this tomfoolery matters to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighWizard
I'm not boycotting Netflix because of one show they made.

First off, they have all of my Star Trek.

Second, I honestly believe most people of my complexion (white as paper) are simply not aware of the inherent racism and bias that pervades American society as a whole. There is a natural white privilege in American, and it is ingrained in us from the beginning, and is part of what it means to be American. I don't believe that there should be a fight about it. I don't think that there should be an uproar about it. But I honestly believe that this is a disgustingly neglected conversation that the American people need and have needed to heal for decades.

That's just my thoughts.

The irony of everything you say is completely lost on you and that's scary.

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
If there is one thing Americans love more than feigning outrage, it's binge watching Netflix. This boycott will have very little steam and will likely draw new membership as a counter-protest.

You know, Netflix has a variety of programing. I wonder...do they also support mass murders, drug cartels, etc? As a white male from Texas, I applaud them for providing a variety of programing that appeals to everyone.

Yeah who cares that they're demonizing and generalizing you for your skin color. Give 'em some more money!

I love you guys who think ignoring obvious growing anti-white racism makes you somehow more virtuous than those trying to stand up to it before it really takes hold. This stuff is being taught in schools and over time, will become the norm.
edit on 14-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

How about, if you don't want to watch it, don't?

I've got all sorts of things to watch on Netflix, so I've got more important things to do than to worry about than "faux outrage of the day".

"Faux Outrage"

No! We are "Republican"! We boycott everything that we disagree with! Financial terrorism is our specialty in numbers!

Especially us Religious! You've never seen such organization you commie bastards! We even boycott Tipping!!!!

You think you deserve extra money because you have a $3 slave wage? I'm sure you'd like 20 extra bucks, have a revelation about your final judgement instead.

You can thank me later for controlling your life, enjoy.

edit on 14-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join