It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear White People boycott Netflix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The issue is not the show. This issue is we all know what would happen if this was the other way around.
Conservatives are angry over the inability of leftist to understand hypocrisy, to understand double-standard.

"everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others" sums up what is happening.

The creator is a leftist who during election night on twitter said "f*** white people" Another instance of this behavioral doublestandard

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't think I have that channel. I hate commercials. I don't love watching them in order, honestly.

Netflix has plenty of other shows that I enjoy. Such as last man standing, bob's burgers, stanger things... etc etc.

It fits my style of entertainment best out of all of the streaming options, and I love streaming my content over Cable tv.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The issue is not the show. This issue is we all know what would happen if this was the other way around. Conservatives are angry over the inability of leftist to understand hypocrisy, to understand double-standard.

What would happen? There are plenty of shows that expound conservative values and there is no problem with that.

Ever watch Duck Dynasty?

Perhaps you should clarify the hypocrisy you are referring to.

The creator is a leftist who during election night on twitter said "f*** white people" Another instance of this behavioral doublestandard

So he's another asshole. What double standard are you referring to?

You're not being clear.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: JDmOKI

My bubble is very solid actually I just like treating people the way I like to be treated regardless of race

That's the problem. Soften your bubble. Learn more about the people around you. If you were open to such things, you may not have a problem with this show and would wait to be offended until you actually watched it.

And yes identify politics is toxic and divides us ironically by race when class is the real issue

But this is not politics. It's entertainment.

Who said I was conservative? This is why the left lost the election left leaning independents don't wanna drink your progressive Kool aid

I did not say you were a conservative. I asked if you were spitting Right Wing rhetoric. Didn't you notice the question mark? Your comment is a Right Wing talking point.

Also, I'm not a progressive.

I'm not boycotting and if I wanted to expand my horizons it wouldnt be watching a show from that scumbag creator.

I prefer going out and meeting people

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
All I could think of was Milo Yiannopoulos

Apparently, its more then OK for him to offend.

So, NO - - I will not be cancelling Netflix.

edit on 14-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You know what I do when a show or movie offends me?

I just don't watch it, and go on with my life.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

When was milo getting his own show on Netflix?

The media mostly acts like he doesn't exist until protesters against him become violent and they're forced to report and call him a racist sexist bigot

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

a reply to: JDmOKI

My bubble is very solid actually I just like treating people the way I like to be treated regardless of race

That's the problem. Soften your bubble. Learn more about the people around you. If you were open to such things, you may not have a problem with this show and would wait to be offended until you actually watched it.

And yes identify politics is toxic and divides us ironically by race when class is the real issue

But this is not politics. It's entertainment.

Who said I was conservative? This is why the left lost the election left leaning independents don't wanna drink your progressive Kool aid

I did not say you were a conservative. I asked if you were spitting Right Wing rhetoric. Didn't you notice the question mark? Your comment is a Right Wing talking point.

Also, I'm not a progressive.

I'm not boycotting and if I wanted to expand my horizons it wouldnt be watching a show from that scumbag creator.

I prefer going out and meeting people

Not sure how that addresses what I said, but ok. Good for you.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think the media drives the divisive nature of our country right now. So boycotting Netflix probably won't do much. I think boycotting cable is more appropriate, but hell I've been boycotting cable for years just due to prices.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The media mostly acts like he doesn't exist until protesters against him become violent and they're forced to report and call him a racist sexist bigot

Doesn't matter - - apparently, via researching - - Milo is offended by this show.

So much for free speech.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Pretty sure blaming netflix for racist content in a tv show is a lot like blaming your ISP for racist content on the internet.

They're just a platform for accessing media- like a cable or satellite company.

Granted, I don't have an account with them because I don't want to watch TV anyway...

Who cares if some of the content on a platform isn't for you? If they only provided content that didn't offend ANYONE they wouldn't last a day.

Hell, only offering certain media is borderline censorship. If my ISP refused to let me to go to websites they didn't like, I'm pretty sure they'd be in court over it...
that is pretty nave to believe that a company like Netflix cannot have a secret agenda.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just more jealousy from the black culture who feel inferior to western culture and so have to put us down to make make there meagre proto culture seem relevant.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

The issue is not the show. This issue is we all know what would happen if this was the other way around.
Conservatives are angry over the inability of leftist to understand hypocrisy, to understand double-standard.

"everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others" sums up what is happening.

This is a good point- if it was the other way around this would be in court.

Aren't there laws against racism?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am sure I'm not the only one who has canceled Netflix for this program – or should I say programming? But it was not the first time I have been offended by what I found on Netflix in addition to what I don't find on Netflix. Out of all the shows I have watched, they all have a common theme- anti-family, leftist garbage.
This white people show, and the comments of the writer were just the latest thing that irritated me by the Netflix programming. If you want to watch this garbage, go ahead … I can understand wanting to be entertained.
edit on 14-2-2017 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You know what?

I did that. I went to a conference with a bunchof black teachers and listened to them talk about what it was like growing up and how hard life was for them. And every time they would say something and I would say, "Hey! We did that too ..." They would tell me that no it wasn't anything like their experience because ... white. See ... I grew up very poor so I had a lot of shared experiences because ... poverty.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Doesn't matter - - apparently, via researching - - Milo is offended by this show.

So much for free speech.

boycotting doesn't infringe on free speech.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I love Netflix, my weans love Netflix, im keeping my Netflix.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that offence in generally taken rather than given.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Dear White People is a 10-episode series which takes place on the fictional campus of Winchester University, will continue to follow the students’ lives as they tackle racial and cultural issues on campus.

However.... the real issue is the fake growing disrespect for the white man, thus this show is full on anti-white propaganda.

Dear White people: Watch the show. Maybe you will learn something.

if we are suggesting movies, shows, documentaries for each other to watch – maybe you should watch something conservative. I doubt that you would ever do that!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point. If they are not willing to listen, how will they learn anything?

The converse is true. If we are not willing to listen, how will we learn anything?

It appears to me that many people do not want to listen because it may challenge their long-held beliefs as to how the world is.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So leftists wouldn't be busy screaming racism if there was a show called Dear Black People that talked about the issues of black culture and how it impacts and holds back the black race and race relations in America, especially if it was made by a white person?

You know, I don't watch Duck Dynasty but I dont think it opines about the problems with black people.
edit on 14-2-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join