It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear White People boycott Netflix

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Dear White People is a 10-episode series which takes place on the fictional campus of Winchester University, will continue to follow the students’ lives as they tackle racial and cultural issues on campus.

However.... the real issue is the fake growing disrespect for the white man, thus this show is full on anti-white propaganda.

Dear White people: Watch the show. Maybe you will learn something.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Netflix ain't the only game in town.

There is Hulu, and there is Kodi.

The sheer brilliance though. I will give them that.

Pay to be indoctrinated.

I've had netflix for years now.

Never like not being able to do ANYTHING about the gay/lesbian genre. That I have no interest in.

Luke Cage was a take of what was to come 'Dear White People'.

I can only imagine what's coming next.

Boycott or don't.

Just remember that there are other means for entertainment.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

This country is so far off the rails, its pathetic.

Just another example of what happens in a country so affluent that people have nothing better to do than participate in faux victimhood. God help you if you ever see hard times.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There was a call for everyone to delete the Uber app a few weeks ago in protest. Even had its own hashtag #DeleteUber. It would be interesting to know how many reinstalled the app indicating 'gesture posturing'. I bet the same thing will happen with Netflix.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HighWizard

First off, they have all of my Star Trek.

H&I runs every star trek series Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, Enterprise, every night. they even run the animated one. of course you have to put up with commercials but hey it your a trekie. they even claim to run them in order.

H&I All Star Trek
[
edit on 14-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And just WHAT would white people learn from a FICTIONAL work on Netflix?

Dear White People is a 10-episode series which takes place on the fictionalcampus of Winchester University

FICTION isn't reality.

Then again neither is American politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Kryties
Simien is not fictional.

Fitting.

This too:

At the 2014 Sundance Film Festival premiere of Dear White People, Simien publicly announced he is gay.
Sounds like any publicity is good publicity. What was it Seeker said about Identity Politics??

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

how to hate identity politics and how the progressives and tearing us apart with their rehortic

Or maybe how white people are the big bad boogie race and the reason for everyones problems?

Or maybe more people will join the anti sjw club because more people everyday realize just how toxic this narrative really is
edit on 14-2-2017 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Dear White People is a 10-episode series which takes place on the fictionalcampus of Winchester University

FICTION isn't reality.

Yes, it's obvious fiction but that does not mean there are not elements of truth in which you might learn something, Neo.

link   
I gotta say, who cares? Some dumb ass show which will have an audience of dumbasses and dipsnips watching it is racist against white people... and? As long as we're not discussing laws, policies, and issues that impact the pieces of paper in my wallet, those into this show can hate me and my ilk to their hearts' content as far as I am concerned. Mock us, hate us, lose sleep every night lying your beds fearing us... who cares?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have no interest in the show. But won't be canceling my Netflix account over it. The mere existence of a show that I do not agree with or like, will not send my delicate sensibilities into a spiral of feigned outrage.

One show that I have not actually watched, but for whatever reason may not agree with, won't causes me to cancel a service that I currently enjoy.

Seems kind of silly to me. Its one show out of hundreds. If you like the other content Netflix offers, just don't watch the one show you don't like.

I guess I am just a weirdo these days. I have not picked an arbitrary thing to define my life. I have not gone all in on a team yet.

Everything that exists does not have to agree with my life choices, viewpoint, politics, etc, etc. These days too many people want to create a bubble around themselves.

But that is just me. Bubble away. Everyone is free to spend their money how they want. That is one of the many beautiful things about this country.

I can argue it's just a TV show. Anyone canceling can argue it's just a subscription service. Two things not worth getting in a huff about.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

FICTION isn't reality.

Yes, it's obvious fiction but that does not mean there are not elements of truth in which you might learn something, Neo.

That's is INSULTING.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

What how to hate identity politics and how the progressives and tearing us apart with their rehortic

Are we being torn apart? That's news to me. Are you spitting Right Wing rhetoric?

Or maybe how white people are the big bad boogie race and the reason for everyones problems?

Is that the message of the show? Have you seen it yet?

Or maybe more people will join the anti sjw club because more people everyday realize just how toxic this narrative really is

Ah, yes. Learning about the experiences of people different than ourselves is toxic, right?

Controversial shows like this are made for people like you...those that are afraid to understand anything that does not fit in your bubble.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'll keep my Netflix account and just not watch the show.

Netflix has plenty of stuff available on it's site that will cause nearly every human being to be triggered or call for a boycott if they're as irrational about it as the OP.

If we let every little thing that offends us dictate that we jettison other things that we enjoy, life will be a miserable, steaming pile of cow dung through which we trudge from sun up through sundown, 365.24xxx days/year, tip-toing around that which may offend us or others while passing by things that will make us happy.

Who in their right mind wants to live that way? I call for a boycott of such asininity!!! (just don't block traffic in TN while doing it)

ETA: I highly recommend that people DO watch the show--not so that you succumb to its probable ideological propaganda, but so you can speak about the show with intelligence and maybe discuss it instead of scream out against it using willful ignorance.
edit on 14-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FICTION isn't reality.

That's is INSULTING.

Seriously.

Oh, no! How dare they!

Seriously, the world is not designed to coddle you from content that you may not like. Put on a helmet, get out there and experience a bit more. Then maybe you will learn more about what other people go through and maybe you will learn not to be offended so easily.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

My bubble is very solid actually I just like treating people the way I like to be treated regardless of race

And yes identify politics is toxic and divides us ironically by race when class is the real issue

Who said I was conservative? This is why the left lost the election left leaning independents don't wanna drink your progressive Kool aid

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

FICTION isn't reality.

That's is INSULTING.

Seriously.

Oh, no! How dare they!

Seriously, the world is not designed to coddle you from content that you may not like. Put on a helmet, get out there and experience a bit more. Then maybe you will learn more about what other people go through and maybe you will learn not to be offended so easily.

That was rich.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm white ... I've got Netflix .. you think I'm gonna boycott it ? Nope ... why? Because I'm not one of these people who get offended by everything. I'm white, so what. Without extensive plastic surgery I can't do nothing about it. I'm not gonna sit there and cry and moan about someone making a program about the colour of my skin. If people have a problem with white people then that's their problem it's nothing to do with me

But if people want to carry on the whole whites vs blacks thing then they need to grow up. It's the 21st century FFS it's about time this whole world started to grow up and just get on with their lives

Boycotting Netflix would put me in the same category as the BLM movement. I'm 31 years old I'm not child that has to go on marches hold up signs and kick and scream because I get offended over the stupidest things

Sorry I'm having a bad day and this just really pissed me off
edit on 14-2-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
show looks stupid but hell no im not gonna cancel.
stranger things season 2 is about to come out. orange is the new black is coming back.

lots of fantastic shows from across the pond.
peaky blinders.
marcella
luther

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

My bubble is very solid actually I just like treating people the way I like to be treated regardless of race

That's the problem. Soften your bubble. Learn more about the people around you. If you were open to such things, you may not have a problem with this show and would wait to be offended until you actually watched it.

And yes identify politics is toxic and divides us ironically by race when class is the real issue

But this is not politics. It's entertainment.

Who said I was conservative? This is why the left lost the election left leaning independents don't wanna drink your progressive Kool aid

I did not say you were a conservative. I asked if you were spitting Right Wing rhetoric. Didn't you notice the question mark? Your comment is a Right Wing talking point.

Also, I'm not a progressive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join