It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear White People boycott Netflix

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I hear people are cancelling their Netflix accounts because of a show called (Dear White People.) Supposedly it supports anti-white propaganda/racism. Is Netflix promoting white genocide?

It sure seems like it.....

The creator of the show seems to enjoy offending white people, Justin Simien, the creator of Dear White People, has a few words for the special snowflakes who are boycotting Netflix because the upcoming series’ title and subject matter have them shedding white tears.

Justin Simien: This boycott is going to flop just like all the other boycotts these crybabies have tried to pull off. Hopefully, those who boycott will put their extra $8 a month they’re saving to good use. I hear there’s a sale on Mountain Dew.

Read it here, Justin Simien is anti-white?
thegrapevine.theroot.com...

Dear White People is a 10-episode series which takes place on the fictional campus of Winchester University, will continue to follow the students’ lives as they tackle racial and cultural issues on campus.

However.... the real issue is the fake growing disrespect for the white man, thus this show is full on anti-white propaganda.

Dear white people, boycott Netflix!

edit on 14-2-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

More hate on Whitey propaganda.

In before some liberal loon is here to call you racist and defend this indefensible garbage show.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I can imagine the uproar if they had a show that was the opposite.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Im going to do blackface this Halloween, and make sure the creators of that show see it.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

netflix sucks anyway, browse and browse and still nothing to watch, I dropped em like a bad itch months ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not boycotting Netflix because of one show they made.

First off, they have all of my Star Trek.

Second, I honestly believe most people of my complexion (white as paper) are simply not aware of the inherent racism and bias that pervades American society as a whole. There is a natural white privilege in American, and it is ingrained in us from the beginning, and is part of what it means to be American. I don't believe that there should be a fight about it. I don't think that there should be an uproar about it. But I honestly believe that this is a disgustingly neglected conversation that the American people need and have needed to heal for decades.

That's just my thoughts.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Cancelled my account that I had for years!

That's the beauty of Capitalism. Not only do the people get to vote in their government, but they can also vote with their money as to who to choose to spend it on! I also find it unusual that this show made it on Netflix AFTER George Soros bought up a whole bunch of stock???? hmmmmmmmm

I am actually enjoying getting caught up on my reading, and watching people play Starvation Mod on 7 Days to Die on YT!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If there is one thing Americans love more than feigning outrage, it's binge watching Netflix. This boycott will have very little steam and will likely draw new membership as a counter-protest.

You know, Netflix has a variety of programing. I wonder...do they also support mass murders, drug cartels, etc? As a white male from Texas, I applaud them for providing a variety of programing that appeals to everyone.
edit on 14-2-2017 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Anti-white racism is merely sour grapes.

We rule the world and folks simply cant handle it.

Nothing they can do but take pot shots like this show.

Very few people will watch it anyway.

Nothing to get upset over, thats just silly.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Pretty sure blaming netflix for racist content in a tv show is a lot like blaming your ISP for racist content on the internet.

They're just a platform for accessing media- like a cable or satellite company.

Granted, I don't have an account with them because I don't want to watch TV anyway...

Who cares if some of the content on a platform isn't for you? If they only provided content that didn't offend ANYONE they wouldn't last a day.

Hell, only offering certain media is borderline censorship. If my ISP refused to let me to go to websites they didn't like, I'm pretty sure they'd be in court over it...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

You are forgetting that this is ATS-many of us are just as happy to watch megalith or alien documentaries on youtube.

Netflix can take one in the nads.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Feh. I'll see what's up after I wade through the 100 or so shows/movies/documentaries I have in my queue. By then, I'm sure we'll be off needing to boycott apricots or something.

Until then, I'm boycotting boycotts.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I actually hope that the show is still running during the next election-so that the welfare leeches that watch it are distracted from voting for liberal traitors.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Crazy idea, maybe people should "boycott" the producers of the show they disagree with? Not sure how the content provider is responsible here? There is definitely an audience for this show, so they picked it up. There are a ton of shows on Netflix I like and others I do not like. Netflix isn't out there funding protests against white people or anything.

People love red herrings. Focus on those who made the show and those who think that type of show is necessary. Attacking Netflix doesn't fix any problems.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I'm not gonna watch the show and don't plan on canceling my Netflix. The show sounds horrible and I also heard the movie was horrible.

I have far better shows to watch and aren't focused on a groups race

Crazy how the movie Dear white people bombs and makes zero money and now they get a 10 episode show.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

While I agree but the best way to get your point across is to hit their pocket book.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

fictional

That's the operative word in that OP.

Drink some concrete, harden up and stop crying over every little thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wonder how many people became alerted to the existence of this show from this thread and go on to watch it? The comedy of unintended consequences.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I'm not gonna watch the show and don't plan on canceling my Netflix. The show sounds horrible and I also heard the movie was horrible.

I have far better shows to watch and aren't focused on a groups race

Crazy how the movie Dear white people bombs and makes zero money and now they get a 10 episode show.

Well, that's just it. I don't expect NOR demand that others do what I chose to do! I did it out of my own beliefs of right from wrong.

I despise racism from all levels and due to that I abhor identity politics and anyone who supports it!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You mean drink some Mountain Dew?

The anti-white racist show creator, Justin Simien is not fictional.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join