It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spy ship off the east coast of US, officials say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Bit of a bugger now that Hillary is not in office, the emails have dried up
Didn't see this coming

LOL!
The Russians sent spy ships Cuz Trump uses passwords.....love it..

edit on 14-2-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I might add, the US runs more than one extremely fine school for doing just such a thing to the other guys. One of my favorites is (snaps to attention and salutes) Corry Station.

Corry, among other things, does/did provide a part of an Echo's nutritious training breakfast, but mostly trains folks that will be stationed on small, nondescript boats that sometimes do and sometimes don't exactly belong to the US military, sorta kinda, but will be putting around with suspiciously antenna-looking masts and lines near our friends and enemies. Just. Like. This.

Only Corry does a much better job, if I do say so myself.

Never been there but I have heard some good things...

Interesting that their .mil link is now showing privacy errors.

But then again ONI/Navy has always loved a good case of irony.

Corry Station

ETA - this link may work better. May take a few attempts but you'll eventually wind up on the right page.

www.cnic.navy.mil...
edit on 2/14/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/14/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
They are probably waiting for Michael Flynn to jump shore.

Yep. Since Flynn was the Russian's go to guy in the current US Admin, the Russians have their Marines on standby to rush in and rescue Flynn by extraction if the US moves to arrest and charge Flynn for breaking the law. They are just intercepting comms to get intel on when and where they'll have to undertake the extraction of their mole.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Didn't we ( The U.S.)put a Guided missile destroyer in the Black Sea just last year?......sounds like tit for tat to me....At least they didn't sail into the Great lakes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Probably headed to Nova Scotia...Trudeau has eased the relations with Russia quite a bit. Maybe a slight detour on way to see if they can pick anything up from comms in the area.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chopperswolf

Russian ships off the coast are common as hell. Just like the Russian bombers flying near the ADIZ they only report on them on a slow news day.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Interesting that their .mil link is now showing privacy errors.

They used to have a fairly nice if uninformative website. I guess they decided to make it even less informative.

eta: I also notice they took out the bits where they listed the units they train and what they do. Alas.

edit on 14-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chopperswolf
Didn't we ( The U.S.)put a Guided missile destroyer in the Black Sea just last year?......sounds like tit for tat to me....At least they didn't sail into the Great lakes.

During the Cold War, I saw a Soviet destroyer 'shadowing' us off of Cape Hatteras. Shadowing close enough that we could see the peeling paint and rust on her hull with the naked eye.
I said to a Boatswain's Mate, " Aren't they kind of close to us?" He said, " Not even close yet. You'll get used to it."

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I was a student of Corry Station. Good ole' Pensacola. I grew up around Eglin.
I was in the Navy for Intel.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighWizard

They occasionally do Aaaaarrmy training as well. Lot of fun stuff goes on at PNAS, some admitted to, some not. And it's always fun to call the people who are stationed there PNASes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Zaphod58

We don't generally get edgy about it until they get really ballsy and try to put a 'fishing boat' in the Chesapeake or something.

But hell, we do some crazy # ourselves. I recall a young guy a few decades back who was riding around in a 'dive boat' with his buddies off the coast of Cuber getting and putting "oceanic monitoring devices" just a RCH outside their territorial waters.

Looked just like a tourist dive boat. They even caught fish and drank beer, after the getting and putting bits.

Ha!! you know BCH's are .010" thinner than RCH's

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Corry is actually a "Purple Base" just as NAS Pensacola is...
Multiple if not all branches operate out of those bases. Fort Meade is another one. Not just because of the NAS facility either, but also because of the Defense Information School, where Military journalists "my navy job before intel" are trained there.

Corry in particular is the training hub for all IT for the Navy, and intelligence personnel for all branches of the military.

NAS Pensacola is a large and multifaceted base that I can't get into in someone else thread.

But you're right. Our military does most of it's intel training at Corry station, and then sends those folks out to planes, boats, and secure facilities all across the world to snoop for america.

If anyone doubts our intel ships our off of our enemies coasts, take a look at our history. Namely, the USS Pueblo.

edit on 14/2/2017 by HighWizard because: URL not working

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

But you're right. Our military does most of it's intel training at Corry station, and then sends those folks out to planes, boats, and secure facilities all across the world to snoop for america.

If anyone doubts our intel ships our off of our enemies coasts, take a look at our history. Namely, the USS Pueblo.

I have seen the inside of the place myself at times.

And since the theme of the thread is "Spy ships" - today's quiz question sparked by Mr Wizard is - What was the official unofficial theme song of the USS Pueblo? (FWIW, it was at the time also the semi-unofficial NSA theme song as well) A top 10 hit that year, this song was originally roughed in as something celestial before the words were scrapped and it was retasked as something more bovine.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I guess the Russians didn't need a spy ship here during the elections, they had a lot of interesting stuff to laugh about from the internet and MSM.

I would think that there would constantly be spy ships just outside of our international waters. The US doesn't need them, they probably have spy stations half way around Russia.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
we should send a vodka tanker to lure them out to sea

That gave me a laugh!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They're out there more than the media reports. It's just like with their ELINT aircraft, the media ignores them until they see an advantage in not ignoring them.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I went through my Navy SPOOK training at Cory Station too. It's still there? Wow!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The US doesn't need them, they probably have spy stations half way around Russia.

Oh, SURE we do. Got 'em, too. Not counting most surface ships can do ELINT, and a great many subs can do a fine job as well, even have a special mast just for the job. Sneaky foot it in, raise the ELINT mast and record your happy butt off.

Whole companies like Rohde or Saab just itchin' to equip your submersible vehicle with the very latest in EM analyzing technology.

eta: I might also add that we very often insert people into the area with innocent looking tourist gear at times, if you can't readily skulk in, many other places they temporarily co-opt an ODA and run a sneak-n-peek to record ELINT you can't get with a satellite, generally radar signatures and analyses of new crypto. NSA has a whole branch dedicated to sneaking one or two guys into position with various bits o' apparatus, occasionally in a bucket truck dressed up as a lineman and the like outside of buildings. You can't trust window washers, either.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I went through my Navy SPOOK training at Cory Station too. It's still there? Wow!

Not only there, but secretly getting better all the time. Hell, IMAGINE the effort it takes to train those Navy Pinnipeds to spin dials. Worse than teaching cats to deal cards.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Seems as though a submarine would be a better choice for some incognito reconnaissance...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join