It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea to software developers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Will a software developer please, please, develop some software that will enable me colour not just the folder but all subfolders and all files within that subfolder.

just imagine opening a red folder and seeing all the folders and files within that folder are also red.... or blue or green or yellow. Now I know the primary colours are bright all the other colours much the same in that they are similar and not bright. This could be over come by making some folders triangular, square or target shaped etc to counter this problem.

While they are at it they might also decide to make a program that when I hover curser over it and it might enlarge and perhaps contain text but that's less important.

While they are doing this they might also kindly choose to make another program that will over come that horrible, horrible, horrible habit of win7 home edition to display the contents of all folders in icon view when I've made extensive and exhaustive efforts to make each and every folder in a list and every subfolder in that list, to be set in as much and hard concrete as I can find to MAKE it display ALL folders in list view.

I've had so many attempts at this is not funny. One day I spent an entire day going through every subfolder of every subfolder there is and when its opened, go in to control panel/folder options/view and click 'Reset Folders' so they will open as displayed. However, within days or weeks they are all back to icon view. To make matters worse with this view, one does not seem to be able to widen out the width of the column and keep it at that width for ever. Even that would be a huge improvement.

I no longer bother with trying to fix this problem and so instead I consider that this frustration is my fault for buying win 7 so now I just put up with it and punch a few holes in the wall every once in a while.

Why dont I go win 8? - cant afford too
why dont i go win 10? never ever

cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Already thought of, just download the color marker app.

Btw windows 7 is awesome, 8 and 10 are horrible i wish i could go back in time.

link
edit on 14-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

Btw windows 7 is awesome, 8 and 10 are horrible i wish i could go back in time.

link

Thanks for that but I've already tired that it dont colour the files inside the folder.

Yes, i think many people regret moving on from win 7. Unfortunately I suspect in the fullness of time, they will plant something in it to prevent it from installing or repairing.

In the same way, I may be wrong but i rekon ISPs have developed a little trick to get us all to up grade our deal every so often. When flip phones or perhaps even before that a JPEG or jpeg photo taken by the phone camera was 2-3 mb in size. Now they are 20-30 mb in size, if they are doing with photos what else are they doing it to?

I get 15gb per month but I suspect that im only getting about 100% more download than what I got when I had 5gb per month near on 10 years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

try free Folderico utility

You're not the only one frustrated by Windows lack of direct and easy customization.

Chances are though, if you can think of an improvement, someone has tried.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

when I've made extensive and exhaustive efforts to make each and every folder in a list and every subfolder in that list,

I agree its so frustrating

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Microsoft never listens to customers who use Windows every day. This is why the platform is falling behind cell phones, tablets, and Apple products. Instead, Microsoft just pockets billions of dollars rather than make a better quality product.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Microsoft never listens to customers who use Windows every day. This is why the platform is falling behind cell phones, tablets, and Apple products. Instead, Microsoft just pockets billions of dollars rather than make a better quality product.

i think they do listen to some customers and some customers only that the corporate customers. i've noticed most of the improvements i read are geared to the corporate sector.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

try free Folderico utility

You're not the only one frustrated by Windows lack of direct and easy customization.

Chances are though, if you can think of an improvement, someone has tried.

thanks will do.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

Btw windows 7 is awesome, 8 and 10 are horrible i wish i could go back in time. /quote]

Win 7 would [highly awesome if this xyz problem could be fixed. Can it be fixed a program made for the job or is this not possible for some reason?

top topics

join