It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Coming in that Michael Flynn Has Resigned.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Awesome! Time to face the music.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

The President has the authority to negotiate with foreign powers. A private citizen does not. As to whether Flynn actually went far enough to violate the Logan Act is up for debate. However, considering he resigned over his actions it's pretty hard to say that he was innocent.

link   
a reply to: masterofuniverse

No there's no difference.
Just like there's no difference between alternative facts and lies.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Except that we absolutely must see how deep this goes and just how much influence Russia is having on our government.
He needs to answer questions within a legal hearing . And our intelligence agencies must continue their investigation into this administration.
It's like some bass ackwards version of The House of Cards. I swear the government is going to get its first Emmy this year.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One thing is for sure. It wasn't because of the Logan Act. I think maybe he was a Democrat mole who got busted. Someone had been leaking secret stuff.

lawnewz.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

He was also warned about blackmail risks by the old AG.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

The President has the authority to negotiate with foreign powers. A private citizen does not. As to whether Flynn actually went far enough to violate the Logan Act is up for debate. However, considering he resigned over his actions it's pretty hard to say that he was innocent.

so there is no actual proof at this time

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, Trump can get a real badass put into his place. One that will shut down all the MSM that are causing national security issues by instigating actions against the office of the President of the United States of America.

In the interest of national security he can shut down Media. Let's see who Trump replaces him with.

That is a joke right?

The USA going full North Korea on its press is not a path you want to go down....

Our government has always had the right to censor media. Only individuals have the right to freedom of speech and if the newspaper prints something it should be the truth and not an opinion unless it is in the Opinion section of the newspaper.

Look how the government slammed the newspapers for overreporting casualties in the media during disasters. They cannot report deaths now unless they are verified officially. This was changed a while back, the press was making all sorts of things up to stir interest. This same law that allowed the government to intervene there can be used to squash newspapers and news agencies for saying things that are opinions and not properly interpreted evidence.

I'm sorry if I know a little about the laws governing this stuff. Unless they changed the laws in the last six years or so this is the way the law works.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: masterofuniverse
One thing is for sure. It wasn't because of the Logan Act. I think maybe he was a Democrat mole who got busted. Someone had been leaking secret stuff.

lawnewz.com...

If the CIA, FBI and NSA have been investigating the phone call, and found no wrong doing, it becomes apparent that Flynn is resigning to take the heat off Trump.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

PROOF that Obama was president?

PROOF that he had this conversation while president?

PROOF of what exactly?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So Flynn resigned because...?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Flynn was the lone Democrat in the Trump admin. Mole? I think so.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

What a mess. He didn't seem like a bad choice and he wanted to get things rolling. I wonder what the conversation in question actually was? Was it just a quick question he responded to without thinking about it or did they have a conversation about the subject. I doubt if we will get that info. I have a feeling the conversation was just a question and he said something like I'll see what we can do or something like that.

Gee, I really would like to see a transcript of the conversation.

He lied to the VP and the public as to what he said in the conversation.
The conversation was sufficient where Trumps new head of CIA shared transcripts with DOJ and Trumps new AG went to Trump and made it clear that at a minimum, Flynn had lied about violating the Logan Act and was susceptible to blackmail by the Russians.

Flynn, Trumps Chief Security Advisor, has always been compromised by the Russians...that is clear as a bell..

I am curious as to who Trump's new Russian Handler will be..

3 Weeks in and Trumps Chief National Security advisor resigns for conspiring with the Russians...and at the urging of Trump's own AG and CIA Chief..

Nothing subtle about this...

Lying to the Pence was a good enough reason for him to lose his job. I agree.

How come Trump doesn't fire him, he did that all the time on TV. I guess he is getting soft in his old age. Or maybe reality has set in.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"Our government has always had the right to censor media. Only individuals have the right to freedom of speech and if the newspaper prints something it should be the truth and not an opinion unless it is in the Opinion section of the newspaper. "

Are you sure? freedom of the press definition. The right to circulate opinions in print without censorship by the government. Americans enjoy freedom of the press under the First Amendment to the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: masterofuniverse

No there's no difference.
Just like there's no difference between alternative facts and lies.

You guys should really chill with the catch phrases. You know we're just gonna turn it around on you and make you wish you hadn't started that mess.

In fact, I think my next thread will be about the difference between a fact and a "progressive fact".

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Maybe Flynn was the lone Democrat mole. No other person in the Trump admin is a Democrat. Maybe he was someone who leaked info, possibly the Yemen raid.

What on earth are you talking about.

Donald Trump was a democrat for most of his life.

It is only when he decided to run for Office that he "became" a Republican, because the democrat position was taken by "Hillary."

He switched parties to get into the game.

So, if's there's any mole, it's right at the top.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Flynn was the lone Democrat in the Trump admin. Mole? I think so.

I suppose that's possible, though there is no evidence. There are sabatours in there, however. Someone is leaking half-truths and lies to the media in order to distort public perception, and destabilize the administration. Trump hangs up on Turnbull– lie. Trump threatens to send troops to Mexico- lie. All from leaks and "unnamed officials".

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Well there you go. You've found us out. Guess we'll just can the investigation then.

Guys pull the plugs. Disconnect the CCTV and remove all the bugs. They're on to us.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It is always best to allow someone like Flynn, who served his country with honor, to resign. Donald Trump did not have to accept his resignation. That tells me that if Flynn had not offered his resignation, President Trump would have dismissed him. Trump did it the right way.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Now, Trump can get a real badass put into his place. One that will shut down all the MSM that are causing national security issues by instigating actions against the office of the President of the United States of America.

In the interest of national security he can shut down Media. Let's see who Trump replaces him with.

That is a joke right?

The USA going full North Korea on its press is not a path you want to go down....

Our government has always had the right to censor media. Only individuals have the right to freedom of speech .

uhhhh...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join