It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Coming in that Michael Flynn Has Resigned.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And that's just it. No one has ever been prosecuted for the Logan Act. Flynn just so happened to be in a position where he could still receive punishment for his actions. Like I said above, Flynn losing his job is as far as this should go. If he's prosecuted under the Logan Act it's going to cause more problems that it solves.

Flynn screwed up then lied to his bosses about it. Losing his job is sufficient punishment.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What a mess. He didn't seem like a bad choice and he wanted to get things rolling. I wonder what the conversation in question actually was? Was it just a quick question he responded to without thinking about it or did they have a conversation about the subject. I doubt if we will get that info. I have a feeling the conversation was just a question and he said something like I'll see what we can do or something like that.

Gee, I really would like to see a transcript of the conversation.

He lied to the VP and the public as to what he said in the conversation.
The conversation was sufficient where Trumps new head of CIA shared transcripts with DOJ and Trumps new AG went to Trump and made it clear that at a minimum, Flynn had lied about violating the Logan Act and was susceptible to blackmail by the Russians.

Flynn, Trumps Chief Security Advisor, has always been compromised by the Russians...that is clear as a bell..

I am curious as to who Trump's new Russian Handler will be..

3 Weeks in and Trumps Chief National Security advisor resigns for conspiring with the Russians...and at the urging of Trump's own AG and CIA Chief..

Nothing subtle about this...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And that's just it. No one has ever been prosecuted for the Logan Act.

Good Point...makes you wonder what the DOJ and NSA/CIA actually had in those transcripts.

It was obviously damning enough where Flynn chose to lie to the Vice President of the United States and the public as to what was said.

Flynn losing his job is as far as this should go.

Traitors should be prosecuted. If the CIA/NSA/DOJ have strong indications that the Nations Chief National Security advisor was working with the Russians, he should be tried. Ditto with anyone else involved..

This is just wild...3 weeks in and Trumps Chief National Security Advisor is asked by Trumps own DOJ to resign..

I suspect that this investigation is far from over..

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And that's just it. No one has ever been prosecuted for the Logan Act. Flynn just so happened to be in a position where he could still receive punishment for his actions. Like I said above, Flynn losing his job is as far as this should go. If he's prosecuted under the Logan Act it's going to cause more problems that it solves.

Flynn screwed up then lied to his bosses about it. Losing his job is sufficient punishment.

Agreed and moving on.

This is going to come in handy when Sessions starts going after states over legal MJ. Something about "If you don't like the law, then Congress needs to act to change it" (otherwise he's going to enforce the laws on the books).

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Oh I agree that if this goes beyond a violation of the Logan Act it should definitely be pursued. If that's all it is though then it should end with Flynn's resignation. I'm sure over the next few days we'll start finding out how far this actually goes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Loving watching the Trumpelinas over at the_donald trying to simultaneously spin this as a good thing and blame it on the (((shadow government.)))

They're calling each other shills and cucks, grab your popcorn folks.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Literally the dumbest thing I have heard or read in decades. Bravo.

And bring it. This isn't Fallujah. Anyone attempting to scuttle the free press in the name of BS "National Security" is the enemy, and they will fail.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Maybe Flynn was the lone Democrat mole. No other person in the Trump admin is a Democrat. Maybe he was someone who leaked info, possibly the Yemen raid.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

3 Weeks in and Trumps Chief National Security advisor resigns for conspiring with the Russians...and at the urging of Trump's own AG and CIA Chief..

This is just wild...3 weeks in and Trumps Chief National Security Advisor is asked by Trumps own DOJ to resign..

Where are you getting the bolded info from? I must've missed that.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
a reply to: shooterbrody

As president, Obama had all the authority in the world to negotiate with whoever he wished. Flynn, as a private citizen, did not. Flynn violated the Logan act. Obama did not.

you have proof of this?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well, not in the White House, he's partying at Mar-a-Lago at the moment. But presumably he's there sometimes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Indigo5

Where are you getting the bolded info from? I must've missed that.

DOJ warned White House that Flynn could be vulnerable to Russian blackmail: report
nypost.com...

Justice Department warned White House that Flynn could be vulnerable to Russian blackmail, officials say
www.washingtonpost.com... ials-say/2017/02/13/fc5dab88-f228-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.4f709d640b2f

The message, delivered by Sally Q. Yates and a senior career national security official to the White House counsel, was prompted by concerns that ­Flynn, when asked about his calls and texts with the Russian diplomat, had told Vice ­President-elect Mike Pence and others that he had not discussed the Obama administration sanctions on Russia for its interference in the 2016 election, the officials said. It is unclear what the White House counsel, Donald McGahn, did with the information.

Lots of other sources...

Notice it talks about the sanctions for the election hacking...not Crimea..

Not so out-there speculation:
Flynn tipped off the Russians before their spy compounds in MD and FL were raided by the feds and the diplomats evicted.

He likely lied about it, because he tipped them off so that they could destroy material and wipe PCs before the feds got there.

Potentially material that would have furthered CIA/NSAs ongoing investigation into ties between the Trump Campaing and Russia.

Flynn, the Chief National Security Advisor to the President, would not resign only 3 weeks in if he had just flirted with the Logan Act...which has virtually never been enforced.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, Trump can get a real badass put into his place. One that will shut down all the MSM that are causing national security issues by instigating actions against the office of the President of the United States of America.

In the interest of national security he can shut down Media. Let's see who Trump replaces him with.

Great to see the fascists outing themselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Apparently the Russians are defending Flynn, although, in the context of the recent general election, they might be missing the point on the issue..

www.washingtonpost.com... 63470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.a8fd713ebd47

Satire:

The Director of the Russian Federal Security Service Alexander Bortnikov

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: masterofuniverse

yeah the powers that be can't find anything on trump so they going after his cabinet they think if they can keep him tied up replacing people they a can sneak their agendas through or b find something to trip up trump.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: masterofuniverse

yeah the powers that be can't find anything on trump so they going after his cabinet

Trumps new CIA Director shared the transcripts...Trumps DOJ/AG shared the transcripts with Trump and explained Flynn was compromised and at a minimum vulnerable to Russian Blackmail..and Flynn was the one who lied to Trump's Vice President?

Who exactly are the "the powers that be" here?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: rickymouse

One that will shut down all the MSM that are causing national security issues by instigating actions against the office of the President of the United States of America. In the interest of national security he can shut down Media.

Wow......

You Trump supporters sure did abandon the constitution and "freedom of speech" and "no censorship" Fast af when Trump got elected.....

Thanks for outing yourself though

Actually I am not really a Trump supporter, I would have rather had Bernie. I am just stating that the Chaos will eventually come to an end. Actually the propaganda in the MSM is governed by the Democratic party. They have established a stronghold there. Some of what the MSM says is real, but over half of it is opinions and belief interpretted interpretations of evidence. Consensus of the day is far from reality.

I am half conservative and half liberal. Our right to protest does not give us rights to slander others. Both sides seem to be cherry picking evidence and interpreting it to show their position is right. I try to evaluate how evidence is being interpretted to see if it is being done right.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The house oversight committee is going to open an investigation.
The FBI is continuing their investigation.
There's another investigation being initiated by Mark Warner vice chair of the Senate democratic caucus.
If there's anything to learn it will be.

Like how the Russians hijacked our election.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He was still president. Stop.
Oh and as we all know. He was president after that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join