It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Coming in that Michael Flynn Has Resigned.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: masterofuniverse
a reply to: Sillyolme

They might have talked about sanctions, but they do not set policy. That is something only the president has authority.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, if they talked sanctions but don't set policy then why talk sanctions? Well at least they didn't say they were discussing kids birthdays.

Do I think it warrants a resignation? No, not really but if he didn't feel he had lost the confidence of the president or given the enormous pressure to resign acquiesced to get out of the way and not bog down the president, he wouldn't have done so. He created to many distractions for POTUS, it's probably for the best.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: masterofuniverse

He shouldn't have said anything.

He's only invited even more investigation of this administration.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Flynn violated the Logan act. Obama, being president at the time of this conversation, did not.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Telling Russia that trump would lift the sanctions against them.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Never mind then.
Jesus H.Christ.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm out guys.
Have a lovely day.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Love the irony of a national security advisor causing a national security scandal and having to resign.

Also loving the fact that the White House allegedly knew about him being compromised for a few weeks now.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He was a civilian saying it. Obama was still the president not trump.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

As president, Obama had all the authority in the world to negotiate with whoever he wished. Flynn, as a private citizen, did not. Flynn violated the Logan act. Obama did not.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I sure hope that isn't going to be his defense and I SURE hope Trump and his army call for Flynn to be arrested and investigated to the full extent of the law after watching them froth at the mouth over Clinton's national security issues. Oh wait no. Trump gave him time to resign quietly instead of out right firing him.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg

Flynn violated the Logan act. Obama, being president at the time of this conversation, did not.

Obama was speaking about his NEXT term as President, not the one he was currently serving.

Again, what is the purpose of the Logan Act?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be fair nobody has ever been prosecuted for violating the Logan Act. I'm not even sure if anyone's ever even gone to court over it.

I think Flynn losing his job is as far as this needs to go. If they actually push for prosecution it's going to open up a whole can of worms that no one is prepared to deal with.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Obama did not violate the Logan Act. If he wasn't President at the time he would have. But he was. It doesn't matter if in the future he might not be. All that matters was his status at the time of the event.

At the time Flynn was talking with Russia he was a private citizen. It doesn't matter if in the future he would be National Security Advisor. At the time the event occurred he was still just a citizen.

How is this so hard to grasp?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hopefully this is just the first domino. It seems there is a rat's nest of possible Russian operatives and useful idiots in the White House.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Trump needs to suss out who is loyal to the Constitution and to the U.S. versus who is loyal only to him and whatever baggage he brings.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There is a difference between NEGOTIATING and CHATTING. Question is, was Flynn negotiating or chatting?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Trump needs to suss out who is loyal to the Constitution and to the U.S. versus who is loyal only to him and whatever baggage he brings.

This is the major weakness of Trump.

I get it, too. He's made his career off of being loyal to those loyal to him. Its a formula that has been reinforced time and again within his own mind, and I don't see him foregoing it anytime soon.

ETA: What America needs, and what it wants (whether it knows it or not) is "principled leadership". This means that if one of your subordinates violates a law or policy, they are treated like anyone else. Our current leadership is no diferent from our prior leadership in that regard.
edit on 2/14/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How is this so hard to grasp?

Well I don't recall anyone getting their panties in a bunch when Jesse Jackson was negotiating with Iraq and Cuba to release prisoners.

Dennis Rodman comes to mind as well. Crickets.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

And that is the crux of it.

No one has ever been prosecuted over the Logan Act. Which makes it a law meant to solve no problems.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Flynn lied to Pence. You cannot trust someone after that and I think that is why the administration agreed with him leaving hours after saying they stood by him. If he had been straight up with Pence I do not think he would have resigned. If we all think talks like this do not occur we are naive.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join