It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Coming in that Michael Flynn Has Resigned.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Just breaking.

bnonews.com...

Two sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed Flynn's resignation on late Monday evening. David Petraeus, who has been rumored as a possible replacement, is expected to visit the White House tomorrow.

ETA: Another source:
www.wxii12.com...

(CNN) — National Security Adviser Michael Flynn resigned Monday amid controversy surrounding his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States, reported CNN.

edition.cnn.com...

His departure came just after reports surfaced the Justice Department warned the Trump administration last month that Flynn misled administration officials regarding his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States and was potentially vulnerable to blackmail by the Russians.

edit on 13-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That's strange. AFAIK, Donald Trump has not lifted any sanctions on Russia. I don't think he needed to resign since it was a harmless conversation but maybe it's because he lied to Mike Pence.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What a mess. He didn't seem like a bad choice and he wanted to get things rolling. I wonder what the conversation in question actually was? Was it just a quick question he responded to without thinking about it or did they have a conversation about the subject. I doubt if we will get that info. I have a feeling the conversation was just a question and he said something like I'll see what we can do or something like that.

Gee, I really would like to see a transcript of the conversation.
edit on 13-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Please not Petraeus.

Keith Kellogg is a better choice.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Like literally at the 11th hour ... LOL.

Just get rid of the damned agency altogether already.

Nobody on either side of the aisle likes it ... only ... the politicians.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Here is a slightly biased version of the events.

www.nbcnews.com...

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This is good news! Kellyanne is should follow suit. Do the classy thing Kellyanne!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's ridiculous Russia is portrayed as this big bad boogeyman. It is totally unfair to the Russian people to deserve this. Sad to see Michael Flynn go. He is a good honorable man.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That's too bad.

Obviously he had a good reason.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As usual... I'm confused.

Someone tell me again what Flynn did wrong?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
IMO a suspension would have been sufficient. He did nothing wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Now, Trump can get a real badass put into his place. One that will shut down all the MSM that are causing national security issues by instigating actions against the office of the President of the United States of America.

In the interest of national security he can shut down Media. Let's see who Trump replaces him with.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is just a diversion from Trump. The treason lies there. Flynn is just a side show.
edit on 13-2-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
For the Non mudpit version of this story click here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Let me ask you this question. If someone from Obama's or Clinton's administration did the exact thing. Would you have the same conclusions?

originally posted by: masterofuniverse
It's ridiculous Russia is portrayed as this big bad boogeyman. It is totally unfair to the Russian people to deserve this. Sad to see Michael Flynn go. He is a good honorable man.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
IMHO This is all connected to the dossier about Trumps sleazy and corrupt actions detailed in the dossier. His wife has barely been seen publicly next to him since it hit the news. Trump has been suckling Putin's pickle but nobody elses pickle. Flynn going out of bounds and contacting the Russians and kissing some arse. Very odd behavior all around. Now Flynn resigns. What did the President know and when did he know it?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is just a diversion from Trump. The treason lies there. Flynn is just a side show.

Flynn is the center point. Because Trump instructed him.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This is good news! Kellyanne is should follow suit. Do the classy thing Kellyanne!

Why?

Is there some sort of proof of wrong doing where she should resign as an advisor?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: masterofuniverse
IMO a suspension would have been sufficient. He did nothing wrong.
He lied to his Vice President and the President. Not that honourable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join