It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Security Advisor Lt. Gen Michael Flynn Has Resigned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I saw this one coming a mile away...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Does the thought of a fall guy come to mind for ya??? reply to: BlueAjah

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Think charges will be filed against him after all?

He lied to the Vice President and watched the VPs spokespeople as well as Sean Spcier et al. go out and angrily deny he discussed lifting sanctions or pending sanctions..

The Logan Act is obscure and would not be a cause for him to resign...

I suspect that what really happened was that he gave the Russians a heads up that Pres. Obama was going to evict the 30 Diplomats/Spies from the two compounds...giving them time to destroy sensitive material and wipe PCs.

Whatever he did was damnable enough where Trumps own DOJ came to him and said Flynn had to go and was compromised by the Russians. Trump would not have cut him loose unless it risked bringing him down along with Flynn.

If Flynn had just forgetfully mentioned the sanctions?...the Logan Act has virtually never been enforced..Trump and Flynn are no stranger to scandal, they would have weathered that storm...Whatever the CIA/NSA transcripts are, they are no doubt pretty damn bad if Flynn needs to resign only 3 weeks in.

In other news...Dozens of sources are reporting that large parts of the Dossier have been confirmed by the intelligence community and investigations are ongoing..

It's starting to look like Pence might be our new President sometime in the next 12 months.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Coincides with this...

NSA Withholding Intelligence From 'Untrustworthy' Trump Administration, Former Analyst Claims
John Schindler claims NSA fears Trump administration cannot be trusted with sensitive information. 'Since January 20, we've assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,' he cites Pentagon official as saying.
www.haaretz.com...

The Spy Revolt Against Trump Begins

Intelligence Community pushes back against a White House it considers leaky, untruthful and penetrated by the Kremlin

observer.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Pence will be the president in 12 months....

I am betting those same 'sources' are the ones who said Russia is hacking us but could not provide solid proof of the DNC and HIllary losing secrets like a stuck pig bleeding.

He resigned. Remember, he was 'fired' by Obama for taking a hardline on Radical Islam and AQ.

Good riddance.
edit on 02am28amf0000002017-02-14T09:17:28-06:000928 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He resigned. Remember, he was 'fired' by Obama for taking a hardline on Radical Islam and AQ.

To clarify...he was fired by Pres. Obama for being bat# crazy
Those that reported to him had a phrase called "Flynn Facts"...cuz he would constantly just make stuff up and was paranoid.

Wonder who Trump will pick as his new Liaison to Putin?
edit on 14-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Pence will be the president in 12 months....

I am betting those same 'sources' are the ones who said Russia is hacking us but could not provide solid proof of the DNC and HIllary losing secrets like a stuck pig bleeding.

Those "same sources" are the Trump administration? His CIA/DOJ and Flynn resigned. Not sure how you get your brain to hold those pretzel poses...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The crazies at CNN think that their bright spotlight on Flynn all weekend, made it so hot, that he had to leave.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The crazies at CNN think that their bright spotlight on Flynn all weekend, made it so hot, that he had to leave.

Why do you think Flynn resigned? Not saying it was CNN...but trying to figure out the relevance of your post?
edit on 14-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I can't paste the link at the moment, but it appears that Flynn has been a strong Democrat his whole life. Is there any chance that this was a setup since the beginning? Was he recommended to Trump as a good choice to appease Democrats, while all along his enemies planned to use him against Trump?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Flynn voluntarily resigned after VP Pence asked him to make the right decision, for the good of the young Trump administration.

The CNN blurb was from their conversations on CNN late-night.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Now we might get General Petraeus. Dems hate him, which makes the man a perfect 1st choice.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A Coup of Generals.
You have three former Generals vying for the ear of POTUS.
Three more waiting in the wings and praying for a fatal mistake by one of the first three.
Add Bannon, Pence plus a few more jack asses and what you have Gentleman, is a......................

CLASS A Charlie Foxtrot.

Jordanian SOs started coalition operations this AM.

What a wonderful Tuesday morning.

Buck

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wonder who authorized the release of the tap? Yates? or a very high up intel official.

Likely means the whole transitional team was tapped by Obama and then all that info was disseminated.

Is flynn this dumb? or is he a setup for one side?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I wonder who authorized the release of the tap? Yates? or a very high up intel official.

Likely means the whole transitional team was tapped by Obama and then all that info was disseminated.

Is flynn this dumb? or is he a setup for one side?

Yes he is that dumb! his boss who seems have ADD ain't too bright either.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
SEAN SPICER just said that President Trump asked Michael Flynn to Step Down. I mistakenly thought he did it voluntarily.

Never a boring day in the Trump Administration!

But unfortunately, President Trump is showing how LAME Congress really is.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: verylowfrequency
Flynn was caught by NSA wiretaps discussing sanctions against Russia for their manipulation of the election. Flynn violated the law by negotiating outside of the current administration as Trump was not yet President. When questioned about it first he lied about the call and then he lied about the number of calls and what subject matter was discussed during those calls. In order to protect his boss, the claim is he lied to his commander Trump and 2nd in command Pence.

Flynn was likely very loyal to his commander and thus he sacrificed himself to protect his commander and his organization. That is what he does he's a loyal soldier.

That's how it works folks - you're free to believe what you will.

I too, think he is just pulling an Ollie North.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Enderdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What is suspect is that the Obama DOJ knew there was communication throughout the election cycle. So, if there was 'Russian' hacking why was this not revealed then. It seems the FBI and DOJ were full aware and why did they not tell the Trump administration earlier? Like right after the election if they are worried about Russian interference. Instead it was allowed to move forward right up to an argument in Obamas last day in office.

The internal debate over how to handle the intelligence on Flynn and Kislyak came to a head on Jan. 19, Obama’s last full day in office. Yates, Clapper and Brennan argued for briefing the incoming administration so the new president could decide how to deal with the matter. The officials discussed options, including telling Pence, the incoming White House counsel, the incoming chief of staff or Trump himself.

Link

I am not saying that he should not be gone. He should. However, this is not about him. This is about those in the DOJ, FBI and the DNC wanting to hang Trump out to dry.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Petraeus has always struck me as an honest patriot...albeit caught up in a game he didn't realize was so rigged, until fairly recent years. He did an interview about the next seven countries scheduled to fall, back in the early 2000s.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

I am rooting for Vice Adm. Robert Harward

He strikes me as a level-headed, experienced adult. Something this administration can use more of.
edit on 2/14/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join