It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Passes Controversial Law Allowing Drivers to Injure Protesters Without Civil Liability

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
How does one carefully run over someone?

I think that involves reverse.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 2/13/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What part of this lead you to believe that I was anything but calm?

Having seen random stoppages on highways, and they are super dangerous, pile up dangerous. Did you factor that in?

Police can't monitor and remove protestors in a timely manner, so using the threat of pain and permanent bodily damage is an age old remedy for solving peoples addiction to being stupid. Did you factor that in?

By making sure dumb assed protestors realize they are NOT protected when doing this very dangerous highway stoppages & protesting, they are protecting them from getting hit by someone going about their daily law abiding lives. Factored in?

And yes I think that the protestors should be the ones injured as opposed to the drivers slamming on the brakes, this is where pile ups happen.

My (calm) question to you friend is, if there needs to be a injury/fatality who should be the one to get it?
#1 the protestor stopping traffic because a legal election took place and they were told their candidate was for super sure the winner-----OR
#2 A mother driving to work who is rear ended and and suffers a brain bleed from whiplash?

Again this is a must situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Very simplistic but very funny.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe some here may be confused with the law. You can still be criminally charged if you hit a protester, they just can't sue you in civil court. This is not a free pass to mow down protesters as deserving as they may be. Similar to cases were a homeowner shoots a burglar and they then turnaround and sue the homeowner, this law prevents that. You will still face criminal charges if they're brought up against you.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You can still get in trouble for vehicular homicide, etc, the only thing the law does is prevent idiots from profiting over their own stupidity.

The driver can still get in big trouble with the law. It's just idiots throwing themselves into traffic can't sue if they get themselves hurt doing it. Which is fair, as they're the ones responsible for creating the situation in the first place by being where they're not supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"Protesters" who stand in the middle of busy traffic are brainless IDIOTS, not "victims." Standng in the middle of the road and preventing people from driving home isn't "protesting," it is IDIOCY. People are getting sick and tired of these road bullies.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I wish I could say that the video surprised me.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No no, its about moving forward, through the crowd of angry thugs, away from danger and into safety. Safetyfirst Safetyfirst.

edit on th2017000000Mondayth000000Mon, 13 Feb 2017 22:53:30 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 13 Feb 2017 22:53:30 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

These protestors should block high-speed rail lines.

At night.

That'll show em.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As far as protestors being run over whilst blocking high speed roadways, I can sum it up in one phrase:

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Having seen up close the results of a vehicle vs. pedestrian at 55 plus mph... Anyone who is stupid enough to attempt to block traffic on a highway for ANY reason, gets what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

LMFAO.......you guys are so good. I'm absolutely loving the replies today.....omg......pure gold

thank you!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Gawd I hope some psycho doesn't take this as encouragement to go out and plow into a crowd of protesters.

play stupid games
win stupid prizes

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
if i was confronted with an angry mob and i had my kids with me, and assuming my car was big enough to get away without getting stuck on bodies, i would put my kids safety FIRST and would not feel bad about it at ALL.

so...the lesson here people....is if you think you might be seeing more of these in the future......get a lifted pickup with 33s or above and make sure your windows are protected with screen and youre good to go.

oh, and make sure you have plenty of gas....wouldnt want to run out of gas in that kind of situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the way the law needs to be written is that if any group is trying to block traffic, not only should there be no charges to the driver. unless of course it can be proven beyond a doubt they did something like swerve to insure hitting them. but that the injured and anyone else involved in the blockage be held financially responsible to the insurance companies for any damages to the vehicles or injuries to those people in the cars that hit them, as well as those cars that do not hit them (for things like throwing rocks and bottles and such). as well as fully liable and able to be sued by those in the cars they were trying to block. it should be treated more like hitting an animal in the road. if you hit an animal it is considered not your fault. yet if you try to swerve or stop, and get into an accident or damage your car like hitting a guard rail, it becomes an accident that is your fault and you can be appropriately charged. it is an interesting double standard as it is now that to hit an animal that has no clue they are doing wrong is fine. yet hit a human who should know full well they should not be there becomes a crime.

of course the police need to show up as soon as they know about the situation and start arresting those involved. but the police can not be everywhere all the time. and so chances are they will not be there in time to stop them before they start. and depending on the size of the group they would likely need to wait for reinforcements. although they could take video and pictures of those involved while waiting so they can be arrested, charged and appropriately held accountable for anything that happens.

the thing is these types of protests can become very dangerous to those they are protesting against or in their way. "mob mentality" can easily take over and turn them violent. there have been many cases over the years where innocent drivers are pulled from their cars and beaten, abused, robbed and killed. you never know what they will do. all it can take is for one of them to think you looked at them funny, or see you as an example of what they are against. as such the best/safest option is not to stop, even if that means running them over. this needs to be reflected in laws and holding these people accountable for their actions.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
While I can agree that people should absolutely not be blocking roadways, I also think hitting them, is much much worse.

Personal responsibility be damned, you are still responsible for your actions and reactions. Other people's irresponsibility isn't a free license to throw your own personal responsibility, of you know, not hitting people with your car, out the window.

If they're surrounding your car and being threatening, that's their own fault and deserve whatever they get. I'm so tired of you extremist leftists constantly justifying and rationalizing your violent actions. People are tired of it and they're going to start fighting back.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

While I can agree that people should absolutely not be blocking roadways, I also think hitting them, is much much worse.

Personal responsibility be damned, you are still responsible for your actions and reactions. Other people's irresponsibility isn't a free license to throw your own personal responsibility, of you know, not hitting people with your car, out the window.

If they're surrounding your car and being threatening, that's their own fault and deserve whatever they get. I'm so tired of you extremist leftists constantly justifying and rationalizing your violent actions. People are tired of it and they're going to start fighting back.

Nope, sorry. Not going to trade my morality in, over political beliefs.

Justify it all you like, it's still not okay.

What's really bothering me about this, is the way that some seem almost eager and excited at the prospect of protesters being hit by cars, as if their justification makes it totally okay.

And, I am far from a "violent, extremist, leftist".

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hopefully this will be a deterent to the libtards,but I doubt it,soon we will hear of them getting run down

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This is great news. Tennessee actually cares about the safety and well being of it's citizens.

With any luck other states will follow.

People need to be able to protect themselves from violent leftist "protestors".

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Nope, sorry. Not going to trade my morality in, over political beliefs.

Justify it all you like, it's still not okay.

What's really bothering me about this, is the way that some seem almost eager and excited at the prospect of protesters being hit by cars, as if their justification makes it totally okay.

And, I am far from a "violent, extremist, leftist".

Im glad people can defend themselves from the violent alt-left. If you're justifying or excusing their violence in place of blaming those just trying to go about their day, then you are.

edit on 14-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join