It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Passes Controversial Law Allowing Drivers to Injure Protesters Without Civil Liability

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Wrong. If that were the case, they would just increase the penalty for protesting in the road. There's no need for such a roundabout & heavy handed "solution".

Total BS

Citizen's going about their lives get the protection first.

Vehicular suicide should not effect the driver.

Maybe these tards could go stop trains?

Not so easy.

This protesting has no place on 80mph roads, or any road for that matter.

They are putting everyone in danger, thus they should pay for their consequences, not Grandma who couldn't stop, or the family of 15 in a van crash that was just mangled into hamburger because PITA or some other daily make America suck again group.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
3. If I stop to avoid the protesters and they attack my car as a consequences, then I'll floor it as part of my action=reaction self-preservation instinct.

Don't forget to drop her down into 4-wheel drive.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is actually to protect the people (protester) who are not in 2 tons of steel and glass going 70 texting.

It is intended for protestors on highways, not people buying garlic and herbs at a farmers market.

Did you miss the point to stop people from wandering out on highways and get themselves killed?
edit on 13-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The next step should be drivers can sue protesters for infringing on their constitutionally protected right to free travel. That or they could just start mass arrests of any ass that blocks the roads. I'd prefer the second option.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Try getting a cop out there when you need one. I think if it was that easy, this would be a non issue.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
How does one carefully run over someone?

Maybe like you go over speed bumps?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I don't understand your logic. How is decriminalizing vehicular manslaughter protecting a protester from that guy texting while driving? That doesn't make any sense at all, he shouldn't be texting and driving to start with.

If someone intentionally runs over a protester then they did it with the intent to hurt or kill them and should be charged, if someone runs over a protester while texting then they should be charged as well. You may as well allow shooting or stabbing or beating their ass right in the street if you allow people to run them over. This is insane. The only positive I can see is it deterring road blockages but loss of life is not worth that in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good it will save people from getting dragged out of their vehicles and being tortured , raped , robbed , murdered by "protestors" .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Having seen random stoppages on highways, and they are super dangerous, pile up dangerous. Did you factor that in?

Police can't monitor and remove protestors in a timely manner, so using the threat of pain and permanent bodily damage is an age old remedy for solving peoples addiction to being stupid. Did you factor that in?

By making sure dumb assed protestors realize they are NOT protected when doing this very dangerous highway stoppages & protesting, they are protecting them from getting hit by someone going about their daily law abiding lives. Factored in?
edit on 13-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

This law = "My inconvenience should be paid with somebody's life"

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
While I can agree that people should absolutely not be blocking roadways, I also think hitting them, is much much worse.

Personal responsibility be damned, you are still responsible for your actions and reactions. Other people's irresponsibility isn't a free license to throw your own personal responsibility, of you know, not hitting people with your car, out the window.

We are so going backwards.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
of course they shouldn`t be allowed to sue, their own willful reckless negligence caused their injuries so they are the only one liable for their injuries.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Or their inconvenient witless protests should be paid with somebodies innocent life.

link   
a reply to: Annee

care to elaborate?

link   
Maybe we could dial this back abit and just allow ambulances,fire trucks,and police officers to run people over.How is that for compromise?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

How do they get to the front of the long line of cars---have you thought this through?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Wow. So instead of simply arresting the protestors for reckless endangerment or something similar, the solution is to run them over? WTF kind of world is this?

It wasn't that long away when people were pretending to be outraged when 77 or so people were run over in a terrorist attack in Berlin. But the thought of someone here running over American protestors is ok w/some of you? If a terrorist claims he/she thought the victims were rowdy protestors, would that suddenly make it ok?

What's the difference between THIS and THIS?

This is the kind of world where people scream racist and oppressor if they're being arrested.

And were the people in Berlin standing in the middle of the road?? Dumb comparison for your fake outrage.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Calm down friend, I'm not attacking you so stop going into defense mode.

If someone intentionally runs over one or more protesters going 50 mph and kills one or more would you be ok with that? Being stupid does not warrant bodily harm or death. Would you choose to see a mass murderer who killed 10+ protesters by running them over as innocent? I would hope not brother.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If someone I care about is in my car and in need of medical treatment due to something life threatening, there had better not be any "protesters" in front of my car, or they will be run over by me. As far as I'm concerned, they are threatening the person I care about with their life, and I will not stand by for that.

The same goes for any who are "protesting" in the road and are actively trying to damage and destroy the vehicle I am in. They are offering serious injury at that point, and are no longer "protesters" but are violent thugs who may be endangering my life and my passenger's life.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: daryllyn
While I can agree that people should absolutely not be blocking roadways, I also think hitting them, is much much worse.

Personal responsibility be damned, you are still responsible for your actions and reactions. Other people's irresponsibility isn't a free license to throw your own personal responsibility, of you know, not hitting people with your car, out the window.

We are so going backwards.

Backwards maybe ... but, it's finally the right direction after 8 years of going the wrong way entirely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join