It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The death ray

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I saw a program on (can't quite remeber the name of the scientist, might be tessla) a death ray. They showed footage of a beam being fired from earth at an unknown object.

So what do you think about the death ray. Also can you provide information about it if you know anyhting.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I saw that footage. It was pretty cool. The Death Ray was supposedly invented by Nikola Tesla. It is said he wanted to sell it to the U.S. army but they werent interested. Then after he died they went into the hotel room he stayed in and took all his belongings. Its believed that it is used to prevent alien invasions.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believe
I saw a program on (can't quite remeber the name of the scientist, might be tessla) a death ray.

"Death Ray" Matthews.

www.forteantimes.com...
“I realized that the Germans had found an invisible ray that put the magnetos of the aircraft out of action. I concentrated on efforts to discover what it was, and with the electric ray now at my command I think I have succeeded.” Select journalists were given a demonstration of Matthews’ ‘ray’ stopping a motor cycle engine at a distance of 50 ft (15m). “I am confident,” Matthews announced, “that if I have facilities for developing it I can stop aeroplanes in flight –- indeed I believe the ray is sufficiently powerful to destroy the air, to explode powder magazines, and destroy anything on which it rests.”

The Fortean Times article is worth the read, apparently he had a lot of interesting ideas.

They showed footage of a beam being fired from earth at an unknown object.

Then its not the death ray, since after him, no one built anymore and they weren't recording it on film. Not to mention that it didn't actually work.

I think that another invention of his, a device that projects images onto clouds, is truly fantastic, and also worked!

Yet there was no interest in it. Except from millionair playboy Bruce Wayne, but he never seems to have done anything with it.....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What exactly do you two people consider to be a, "death ray?" How did Tesla's wireless transmitter for global wireless electricity have anything to do with the death ray how could it be used in a military way?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
GLOBAL's INTERNATIONAL ESPIONAGE APPARATUS STRIKES AMERICA

This is real, scarey, and deserves serious consideration / discussion. Let the reader beware; this information is freaking people out.

Three websites (and more) are linked together which creates a frightening scenario.

www.rtkl-foundation.org...
inverseoption.safeshopper.com...
thesentinel.injesus.com...

What do you make of this?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Doesn't seem to have much to do with a death ray or death ray matthews.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I can almost swear I've seen a picture of Tesla's death ray before, but I can't seem to find it at this point, I think perhaps it was in a book. Anyways, here's a link to a story about the (supposed) usage of Tesla's death ray.
www.viewzone.com...

[edit on 31-1-2005 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I seen what you were talking about on an episode of InSearchOf...

But here is a link I found www.viewzone.com...

It mentions a little of the Tunguska event and a little more.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think Tesla was trying to build a electric gun that would be pointed into the earth and not above it. He believe that the earth was magnetic and that if he could bounce electricity into the core, the resulting energy would bounce around the earth, building velocity until what emerged would be a gigantic jolt of electricity. Basically free energy.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
I think Tesla was trying to build a electric gun that would be pointed into the earth and not above it. He believe that the earth was magnetic and that if he could bounce electricity into the core, the resulting energy would bounce around the earth, building velocity until what emerged would be a gigantic jolt of electricity. Basically free energy.

Actually the device that you mention was used to create a 30+ ft stroke of lightning. Not sure where the article is but it mention that this device also created a static build up around the town prior to his final test that lead to the stroke of lightning.

This device was going to be what delivered free energy as you mentioned. However, this device was different from the Death ray.

*** The following is from this link***
www.viewzone.com...

The mechanism behind Tesla's death ray is not well understood. It was apparently some sort of particle accelerator. Tesla said it was an outgrowth of his magnifying transformer, which focused its energy output into a thin beam so concentrated it would not scatter, even over huge distances. He promoted the device as a purely defensive weapon, intended to knock down incoming attacks -- making the death ray the great-great grandfather of the Strategic Defense Initiative.

It is not certain if Tesla ever used the death ray, or indeed if he even succeeded in building one. But the following is the often-related story of what happened one night in 1908 when Tesla tested the foreboding weapon.

At the time, Robert Peary was making his second attempt to reach the North Pole. Cryptically, Tesla had notified the expedition that he would be trying to contact them somehow. They were to report to him the details of anything unusual they might witness on the open tundra. On the evening of June 30, accompanied by his associate George Scherff atop Wardenclyffe tower, Tesla aimed his death ray across the Atlantic towards the arctic, to a spot which he calculated was west of the Peary expedition.

Tesla switched on the device. At first, it was hard to tell if it was even working. Its extremity emitted a dim light that was barely visible. Then an owl flew from its perch on the tower's pinnacle, soaring into the path of the beam. The bird disintegrated instantly.

That concluded the test. Tesla watched the newspapers and sent telegrams to Peary in hopes of confirming the death ray's effectiveness. Nothing turned up. Tesla was ready to admit failure when news came of a strange event in Siberia.

On June 30, a massive explosion had devastated Tunguska, a remote area in the Siberian wilderness. Five hundred thousand square acres of land had been instantly destroyed. Equivalent to ten to fifteen megatons of TNT, the Tunguska incident is the most powerful explosion to have occurred in human history -- not even subsequent thermonuclear detonations have surpassed it. The explosion was audible from 620 miles away. Scientists believe it was caused by either a meteorite or a fragment of a comet, although no obvious impact site or mineral remnants of such an object were ever found.

Nikola Tesla had a different explanation. It was plain that his death ray had overshot its intended target and destroyed Tunguska. He was thankful beyond measure that the explosion had -- miraculously -- killed no one. Tesla dismantled the death ray at once, deeming it too dangerous to remain in existence.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow, vintage science fiction.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I've heard this tunguska story HEAPS of times, but yet, no proof of this stories accuracy. All sources have been third hand. Where's the actual interview with Tesla where he says this? Where's the newspaper reports that surely would have covered this interview? Where is the actual statement from Peary saying Tesla had given him this cryptic message?

Just reeks of urban legend to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Death ray would be nice to have. I'm sure the truth was buried a long time ago and nothing more than rumors floating around now.

dh

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Tesla style interferometric weapons still remain possible explanations of the demolition of WTC sites 1,2 and 7, the Bali massacre , the Tsunami and much else besides

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Fallout Shelter knows his history. The army wasn't interested in Tesla's death ray until Star Wars. But I think different inventions are being mistaken for the death ray. It was not pointed into the earth, that was his earth quake generator (don't know if it ever worked). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Tesla caused the Tunguska explosion wasn't that in 1917?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If anyone is still watching this thread, I wanted to correct myself. The Tunguska event did occur June 30, 1908. But Tesla would not have used his death ray at that time to communicate to Perry, because Perry did not start his expedition until July 17,1908, then reached the pole on April 6, 1909. Got this info from Encarta CD, could not find a decent link, sorry.

But the following link explains the Tanguska event, and goes into later about finding debris, as in from a possible UFO that caused the explosion? The plot thickens.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
tesla's design was of a primitive particle beam weapon, the details of which are still classsified. they do exist, i know for a fact, as a former security echelon for a certain think tank told me one day while in his class. i dont think that we will see them for a while, but in our lifetime particle weapons will replace conventional projectile weapons.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Alot of Tesla's inventions went unnoticed, because at the time, many people were following the inventions of Thomas Edison, and brushed Tesla off as a amateur scientist. The fact that Tesla was creating machines that allowed people to gather electricity for free was already out of the interest of companies. As much of a mad scientist as Tesla was portrayed, he was indeed, working towards the betterment of society. Some of his inventions seem incomprehensible even in this day in age. I think it's funny that Einstein and Tesla were good friends, could you even imagine the conversations that they might have had? I think that society in general has lost a great mind in Tesla.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe much about Tesla is myth and just as much is fact.

I highly suspect a lot of his writings are the foundation for countless technologies and devices we have today. Speaking as an inventor myself, I sketch out numerous ideas that in theory will work but without the resources, particularly lab/shop space and $$$, they may never see reality.

Now lets look at the relativity of inventing.
One idea often promotes others based on that foundation. Tesla had built his high frequency coil so we can assume he had theorized dozens of devices and contraptions to be powered off his power coil.

But lets also make it a point to understand and accept that technology at the time was very primitive. If you look over Tesla's patents and the patents of other inventors at the time, there is genuinely a rudimentary quality to everything they designed and built.

Tesla's death ray was likely something as simple as a high power light emitter driven by his Tesla coil and a lens focusing system. In essence, a really powerful light bulb and a magnifying glass!
But, it would also work!

Sounds funny I know but it's consistent with the technology at the time, Tesla's included. You see their patent sketches and think wow, just about anybody with a decent education and the resources at the time would have came up with all these inventions. At the time they were brilliant but to step into the inventing process with today's education you can go in with no knowledge of many of these devices, conceive them on your own and then find out someone already invented it, sometimes a hundred years ago.

I believe Tesla's death ray was real and highly likely as simple as I described but the claim that it destroyed those acres of forest?
Pure nonsense.
Take a look over his inventions and the nature of devices at the time. They were simply to rudimentary.

This is where myth takes over reality.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've been rolling over the Tesla story for about two years now and
to me Tesla made the patents so that everyone would see the parts
to his inventions.
That way there would be no doubt when anything the secreted like
the Marconi radio everyone would know Tesla made the parts.
After the Tower for Wireless Power, which would power his further
inventions, was destroyed Tesla made no more patents.
Well under contract to the initial tower funding Tesla signed 51%
ownership to JP Morgan for all past and future patents.
So Tesla stuck it to the man.
So working under contracts we know little about, Tesla sold technology
to Germany in 1914.
Then we hear of announcement from time to time and the beam
topic was heralded by the press.
No doubt a pressure wave machine might be made but many
researchers think the same old plan of Tesla was to power
an aircraft. There was the so called dirigible torpedo at one time.

Before the X-ray was discovered Tesla was making X-ray type
images but with only one terminal. The X-ray bulb has two
terminals.

In reading "My Inventions" by Tesla he mentions being able to
build up any potential mentioning 100,000,000 volts with a
small current to lesser voltages with great currents.

As far as we know all the devices he patented work toward
wireless power. Some say many patents were removed as
well as technological books by others that would make the
energy scale status quo very uneasy. The US has little oil
now but tapping into technology that has a chance to succeed
is too risky. Fear of the death ray might be over rated and
may not have been created as yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join