It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was right about illegal immigrants being criminals...well, at least 3 out of 4

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well I guess by secret I mean by Trump standards, so it is relative.

From your source, looks like it protects criminal illegals.

The broad executive action on immigration that President Obama announced on Thursday night could shield nearly half of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants now believed to be in the U.S. from deportation.

edit on 13-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Luck? What did he find a four leaf clover? Or did he put a horse shoe over his door way. That post is silly.

You still have time to edit it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That meant that more people would likely make an appearance before a legal entity,
You mean *gasp* due process?

Thing is that doesn't have much to do with deporting those with criminal records, which is what this thread is about.

edit on 2/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
entering and remaining in a country illegally is a crime .
Other countries arrest them and ship them back to their country of origin .
hence illegal aliens are ALL criminals .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's sick that the illegals are normalized and no longer considered law breaking criminals.

I don't think all criminals should be considered alike, though they are criminals. Some, I assume, are nice people.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This also does not prove your point, did you read these?

www.washingtontimes.com...
“This case-by-case approach will enhance public safety,” she said. “Immigration judges will be able to more swiftly adjudicate high-priority cases, such as those involving convicted felons.”

The move won immediate praise from Hispanic activists and Democrats who had strenuously argued with the administration that it did have authority to take these actions, and said as long as Congress is deadlocked on the issue, it was up to Mr. Obama to act.

“Today’s announcement shows that this president is willing to put muscle behind his words and to use his power to intervene when the lives of good people are being ruined by bad laws,” said Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat, who has taken a leadership role on the issue since the death of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy in 2009.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

It is a misdemeanor (the first time) in the US. But unless they are convicted of the crime they are not a criminal. That's the due process part.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Either we are a country of laws or we are not.

If we are not, let's put Barack (can I say his middle name) Obama back in for a third term and the hell with it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What point? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Lol.

If all it took was being born into wealth, we'd have many, many more multi-billionaires running around. Reality is, turning a 1M loan into a multi-billion dollar empire requires far more than blind luck, as does winning the White House.

If you don't like him, just say it. You're not making any arguments though.
edit on 13-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I care that some people think that violating immigration laws isn`t a crime.
if you violate the laws you are a criminal.

therefore his title is incorrect, 3 out of 4 of them aren`t criminals, they are ALL criminals.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The deportation of illegals by the gaggle. It looks like Barack (middle name shall not be said) Obama shielded illegals by mucking up the wheels of justice..

Oh my goodness who could have guessed?
edit on 13-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It is the normalized low level crime that we all live with. I think it will suddenly start to change, Trump has got the wheel.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It is.

The Constitution says that anyone in the country can expect due process. Now what?

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Don't make me point out that it doesn't say "citizen."
thehill.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well since previous convictions of "homicide to sexual assault" is the standard bearer, I wonder how soon it will be until America starts shipping out its own?
If I were Mexico, I would be more worried about Americans coming across their border than vice versa.

The TRUTH is most of these people either had no convictions at all or they were mostly minor summary offences or traffic convictions.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The deportation of illegals by the gaggle. It looks like Barack (middle name shall not be said) Obama shielded illegals by mucking up the wheels of justice
You mean by prioritizing criminals? Isn't that what Trump is doing?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Everyone knows how Obama encouraged illegals (whether they be violent or not) to use any means and to please vote democrat that they would not be in any trouble, while at the same time deporting more illegals than the last couple presidents combined. And yes, Obama had a nifty way of prioritizing them. After they had voted they were soon deported.
That's the way Obama has always rolled. Like a yellow pie slinging skunk that he was, and is, and will always be -most likely.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

edit on 1322017 by Snarl because: nvm

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

And being in the US illegally.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yes well, welcome to the entire U.S.

I can't help but wonder, will ICE also be targeting Canadians or Europeans here illegally or just people who are darker skinned?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join