It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was right about illegal immigrants being criminals...well, at least 3 out of 4

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I stand by what I said about his info gathering,

It has been Trump's business for years to get the real skinny on other people in business. He then uses this info to tip the scales in his favor when doing business.

If you think he is an idiot, that is by design.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
3/4 law breakers are law breakers?

heh?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Was a thread on it.

To support the request, the mayor (Jose Reyes Ferriz) of Mexico’s most violent city, Ciudad Juarez, pointed out that of 80,000 people deported to his community in the past three years nearly 30,000 had committed serious crimes in the U.S. Around 7,000 had served sentences for rape and 2,000 for murder. The criminal deportees have contributed to the escalating drug-cartel violence in his city, Mayor Ferriz said, so he wants the U.S. to make other arrangements when prison sentences are completed.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

So if that wasn't the law, let's say entering the country without the "proper process" was legal...

Would you call that right or wrong?

I never said legal.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's exactly what they did.

weeklong dragnet targeting criminal offenders living in the country illegally...

So it could also be argued that 25% of the people arrested had done nothing wrong.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well according to the non-sensationalized account in the LA Times this was a routine maneuver. ICE has already been targeting rapists and violent offenders over simple border hoppers, so this seems like more of the same being spun by the OP as confirmation of Trump's lunacy.

I shouldn't be surprised. People forget that far more illegal immigrants were deported under Pres Obama than under Pres Bush. So this is basically the rebranding of something that was already happening.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I don't know what you're asking.

Every country has borders and every country has requirements you must meet to be there legally. If you don't comply, you've broken the law.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think you have surpassed cult of personality and have headed straight into divinization. It's quite clear to anyone paying attention that Trump has no idea what he is doing. He didn't even know he had to staff the White House when he took office. Obama had to take time out of his day after their meeting to explain to him how the transition process worked (he was stunned by the way since he thought the staff would just roll over to him for some reason). Trump thanked him by talking # about him a few days later.

You really need to curtail your pie in the sky expectations of this guy. You are only going to be that much more disappointed when he fails to deliver, and looking at his promises its only inevitable.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
K so I get getting rid of some really bad dudes, however I was thinking more in lines of the ones from places that harbor terrorists that are a threat to America? Breaking up the terror cells we have in America etc.

Something like this:
www.rightwingwatch.org...
edit on pm228pmMon, 13 Feb 2017 18:37:11 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I don't think people forgot, the Obama admin kept it quiet.

I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Technically speaking, every ILLEGAL immigrant is a criminal.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
100% of illegals are criminals by definition.

I suppose the number, if true, means 3 out of 4 are repeat offenders.
edit on 13-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Oh, but haven't we been told these are all fine, upstanding people, that we should welcome with open arms? The reality is clearly not what some believe!!

Keep up the good work, ICE.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What do people expect when you take in so many people from such a violent and cartel run country?

Why not take more people from say, Finland or New Zealand?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

He will fall short of people's expectations, he is human.

I am not upset that he doesn't know how our F'd system works, infact it is refreshing.

I want the old guards eggs to be scrambled, just like when Trump said the pharma industry is getting away with murder. No other president is going to do or say that. Why, they are paid to ignore the systematic financial rape of Americans.

So let me intellectually mislead myself, I have a feeling Trump is going to do exactly what he said he would.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

That's exactly what they did.

weeklong dragnet targeting criminal offenders living in the country illegally...

So it could also be argued that 25% of the people arrested had done nothing wrong.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well according to the non-sensationalized account in the LA Times this was a routine maneuver. ICE has already been targeting rapists and violent offenders over simple border hoppers, so this seems like more of the same being spun by the OP as confirmation of Trump's lunacy.

I shouldn't be surprised. People forget that far more illegal immigrants were deported under Pres Obama than under Pres Bush. So this is basically the rebranding of something that was already happening.

A proven mis-conception.

link   

All Illegals Are Criminals , they Committed a Crime Entering the U.S. . They All Must get picked up and Deported , it's the Law .

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's sick that the illegals are normalized and no longer considered law breaking criminals.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
Yeah. that thread predates my join date so that explains why it is unfamiliar.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Being shocking and controversial doesn't mean he knows what he is doing though. That is a rather dangerous false equivalence you are making.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Could we get a source for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join