It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was right about illegal immigrants being criminals...well, at least 3 out of 4

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Three of Four illegal immigrants arrested this past week in the US by ICE were criminals. These included rape and murder charges.

www.latimes.com...

Federal immigration agents arrested more than 600 people, including 161 in the Los Angeles area, during a weeklong dragnet targeting criminal offenders living in the country illegally, U.S. officials said Monday. Agents arrested at least 680 people deemed "a threat to public safety, border security or the integrity of our nation's immigration system" in the operation, according to a statement by Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly.

More than 75% of those arrested were in the country illegally and had been previously charged with crimes ranging from homicide to sexual assault, Kelly said.

He described the raids as routine and not a stepped-up effort to find and deport migrants in the country illegally, as critics have charged. U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement "conducts these kind of targeted enforcement operations regularly and has for many years," Kelly said. He said the arrests were concentrated around Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Atlanta and San Antonio.

As you can read in the article ICE is not stepping it up. Advocacy groups up in arms need to stop. They are just doing what they have in the past administrations and look at the proof. During the election cycle Trump was ridiculed and called a xenophobe or racist for his statement and here it is in the statistics.

Keep it up and do your job ICE. The only difference is you now have an administration that will back you and, in the case of states that aid illegals and do not help the Federal government...say bye bye to your Federal funding. This is the United States of America and I for one am glad to see it coming together again. With Thiel proposing running for governor of Cali it will be a wild ride during the next election cycle.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

When Trump speaks it is his vast information gathering team that has briefed him.

I know, I know he shoots his mouth off, does he? How many times has the media "had" him?

He is very smart and when his 8 years are up, and he is long out of the WH we will learn the depth of his info gathering networks. Oh and we will be stunned.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is sarcasm right? This OP isn't a valid statistical sample and says nothing about the total population of illegals.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is sarcasm right? This OP isn't a valid statistical sample and says nothing about the total population of illegals.

Stop, you know 'statistics' are for liberal snowflakes.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Really saying the LATIMES isn't credible ?

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wouldn't 4 out of 4 illegal immigrants be criminals by definition?

I think so.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Stop, you know 'statistics' are for liberal snowflakes.

Um... No... Statistics is a study in mathematics that dates back MUCH longer than this idiotic fact free era of politics.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I am not kidding. Like I said we will not know the depth of his info gathering network til he is long out of power.

Think about the times the "objective" media had him out of the race. Then it was shown he was right. The illegals he is starting with are the criminals, and low and behold he is doing what he said he was going to do.

Get used to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Really saying the LATIMES isn't credible ?

I'm actually saying the OP isn't credible. It's his title. Not the LA Times'.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I think this is like those articles that say the average American commits x-amount of crimes every day (like this). So I'd take it with a grain of salt. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if they simply targeted people who were already in the system, including for things like parking tickets).

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh come on! This is a stretch. This article isn't proving Trump right about anything. It's just a display of the OP's confirmation bias. He sensationalized the story from the LA Times and you are patting Trump on the back like it is some kind of victory. The article EXPLICITLY states this is a routine sweep. That was the point no? So shouldn't routine sweeps be more predisposed to pick up more law breakers than non-lawbreakers illegal or otherwise? Come on man. Use some common sense here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Just saying...I am with you on this seasonal.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Does anyone remember Trump said he is going to start with the criminals, he is doing what he said.

This is going to become the new normal.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That's exactly what they did.

weeklong dragnet targeting criminal offenders living in the country illegally...

So it could also be argued that 25% of the people arrested had done nothing wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I remember a few years ago Mexico begging the US not to deport all the criminals, the rapists, the killers, back to Mexico.

I'm sure you remember that, right?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well according to the non-sensationalized account in the LA Times this was a routine maneuver. ICE has already been targeting rapists and violent offenders over simple border hoppers, so this seems like more of the same being spun by the OP as confirmation of Trump's lunacy.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I remember a few years ago Mexico begging the US not to deport all the criminals, the rapists, the killers, back to Mexico.

I'm sure you remember that, right?

No, and I'm sure you will be more than happy to post a link so we can all remember.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

That's exactly what they did.

weeklong dragnet targeting criminal offenders living in the country illegally...

So it could also be argued that 25% of the people arrested had done nothing wrong.

Aside from breaking federal law and being here illegally.

If you don't think that's wrong and generally accepted, go sneak into Mexico and get back to us.

link   
I am going to pull the "Trump card" and say LA times= "FAKE NEWS". That was a spitting image of a Trump 3A.M. Tweeta reply to: matafuchs

link   

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: double post

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join