It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst way to make a buck is being the president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Obama got richer in his 8 years as president than he would have in his entire life if he hadn`t have been president.

he got richer as president in 8 years than any private sector person making the same salary did in those same 8 years.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Being the president is going to cut into his finances fast and that is life.
No it won't.

But now he's "The Most Powerful Man in the World." Now everybody has to do what he says on top of being filthy rich.

He had quite an ego before he was elected and yet surprisingly it doesn't seem to have grown much.

Maybe his small hands are stunting the growth of his ego?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We know it's not about money.
Is it about power? Could be.
Is it that he didn't like what he was seeing and decided to try to do something about it?

edit on 2017-02-13T19:34:04-06:002201713America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: grey580

In terms of the people whom pay millions into campaigns, no doubt about that point not in the slightest.

But all this election obsessionism about Trump's narcissism (as if Hillary's was any different), got me thinking about legacy. I had already recalled my old theory, that certain leaders in history... back in the days when they used to compare Bush to Hitler all the time, I used to posit that people like Hitler probably realized that to be immortalized in history, you could go the route of Jesus, Gandhi, MLK (which generally gets you assassinated), or you can go out as the most ultimate evil route like Hitler, Stalin, Amin.

And then one of these TV Trump documentaries I watched painted this picture that Trump's been workering towards being POTUS his whole life basically, especially since his days working on Reagan's campaign (where he picked up his campaign slogan), affirmed for me this legacy theory. Driven by this most Americana value of success.

So here we had Hillary, hell bent on being the first woman POTUS, by any means necessary, while already having left a trail of war crimes in her wake (Lybia,Syria, Arab Spring, etc), and being into all the most ruthless crooked shi'ite ever. Selling out America to the Globalists. Etc. A long family history of scandal, treachery and treason.

And then we had Trump, also obsessed with image, and hyper-ambitious, like Hillary, but his was an entirely different complex. Large family. Big family brand. In inherent appeal to leave a positive legacy there. A life of glamor, flashing lights, and gold. You hear in his words, constant usage of bits such as "greatest", "fabulous", etc. The entire foundation of his legacy built on leaving memorable glamorous landmarks. Now he wants to save America from the drug cartels with 'the greatest wall ever'.

If i were a betting man I'd wager Trump wants to go the good route, despite all the over the top spin the MSM puts on all his words. Hillary, willing to mass murder her way to the top, having a well known history of her ambition only being matched by her ruthlessness, perhaps she preferred not to got eh route of Hitler, perhaps being immortalized wasn't her only goal, but in her in that case, her obsession with ultimate power I'd have to wager her as being the one up for Immortalization via being the Most Evil.

I've had a file started on this, supposed to be an OP, from months ago. Sometimes it takes discussion to finally get me to dig in and type stuff up...

It's missing the point, either Donald is a man of the people or he is not, that's what the little guys are depending upon, why they voted for 'jobs' it all points to deceit, like in that tiny place on a tiny island like the UK, namely Aberdeen in Scotland, 6000 jobs promised, currently less than two hundred after over ten years. He didn't deliver, he lied and knows he lied in the confidence that what he said was a gospel, not that it was a truth per say in the first instance, just something he said. 6000 jobs eh! FFS GM employs 216,000 employees worldwide for comparison.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: masterofuniverse

Yeah, now he can just play host at his properties and charge the taxpayer for it, to start with.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How exactly does he charge taxpayers. The only way I see that happening is if taxpayers pay for that 20 billion wall and the Trump organization is the only one contracted to build it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
We know it's not about money.
Is it about power? Could be.
Is it that he didn't like what he was seeing and decided to try to do something about it?

Yeah could be.

A 1 man protest.

He's seen what's been happening, bought a few politicians to get what he wanted, seen how easy it was and decided to
run and change the corrupt system.

How many other billionaires spoke up? None coz they didn't want that little secret out that the Govt is for sale.

He's getting room and board for 4 yrs at a time, like the others before him, why does he need to make money?

He won. An ELE event for some, no surprise for others.

Hey!! He gets a Library too after he's done!!

That's better than money!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Google

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The problem isn't that they make money while in office. It's that they use their term in office and the connections it provides to secure their backend on the way out when the term is over. Bill Clinton did great out of it, Trump will be no different.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

The president is not respected by like half the country. They don't have any connections in the private sector. Journalists follow them around everywhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying, can you elaborate a bit?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It means whoever is president loses a big fortune.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Obama's about to make 20 mill from his presidential memoirs. I wouldn't call that losing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Obama went from poor to rich. Trump went from rich to poor. Trump's businesses are concentrated in the big cities, whose people hate him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join