It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst way to make a buck is being the president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
if Donald Trump wanted to make big bucks, he would have remained in the private sector where he earns millions a year. As the president, many people hate him, like half the country. They boycott him whereas before June 2015 they did not and loved him. Being the president is going to cut into his finances fast and that is life. Being the president means he is going to lose revenue and business and that is life.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Clintons did okay with their carnival show, I'd take that kinda money. I don't think Trump cares about money but more about business.
edit on 2 135013 1717 by WUNK22 because: Spell

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Being the president is going to cut into his finances fast and that is life.
No it won't.

But now he's "The Most Powerful Man in the World." Now everybody has to do what he says on top of being filthy rich.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Didn't he say that he would only pay himself one dollar a year as president?

EDIT: sorry i was wrong, he said he wouldnt accept the $400,000 a year NOT EVEN a dollar, my bad.
edit on b2929518 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: masterofuniverse
... whereas before June 2015 they did not and loved him.

Lol! Speak for yourself. I've hated Trump since the 90's. His demeanor as a self-entitled blowhard was easy to recognize even then.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Meh. The president doesn't have any real power. The Congress is the one that drafts bills. The Congress is the one that declares war. The president is mostly for signing paperwork.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: masterofuniverse

I think he's starting to figure that out.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yeah he clearly didn't know that at first when he said that his policies were above Judicial Review.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Even now they doubt his sincerity about why he wanted to run. After assuming motive, they also assume they have attributed the correct one. If it's not money he wants, it's power; if it's not power he wants, it's something equally as nefarious, and on down the line.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I know this concept is hard to grasp for most, but maybe he doesn't care about money and actually wants to make America great again?
edit on 13-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Even now they doubt his sincerity about why he wanted to run. After assuming motive, they also assume they have attributed the correct one. If it's not money he wants, it's power; if it's not power he wants, it's something equally as nefarious, and on down the line.

This is where his ego comes in. Legacy.

He's now firmly immortalized in history.

His ego and all that, I think he intended to be immortalized as the greatest POTUS in history.

With the war with the Two Party & MSM System it took to get to the White House, and the reaction from the liberal machine (no way he could have seen the SJW Snowflakes coming 20 years ago), how they're already painting him as the biggest POS POTUS in history, it's going to take a long, hard full 8 years to achieve his dream.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Trump wouldn't risk his legacy by trying to do a bad job. Only those without concern for legacy, or who favor immediate gain would do such a thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Especially if he gets his wall built.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No politician/businessman spends millions or billions of dollars on campaign finance for a job that earns 400K a year tops.

Unless they were going to make a profit somewhere down the line.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I guess that's why philanthropists donate millions. For profits.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

In terms of the people whom pay millions into campaigns, no doubt about that point not in the slightest.

But all this election obsessionism about Trump's narcissism (as if Hillary's was any different), got me thinking about legacy. I had already recalled my old theory, that certain leaders in history... back in the days when they used to compare Bush to Hitler all the time, I used to posit that people like Hitler probably realized that to be immortalized in history, you could go the route of Jesus, Gandhi, MLK (which generally gets you assassinated), or you can go out as the most ultimate evil route like Hitler, Stalin, Amin.

And then one of these TV Trump documentaries I watched painted this picture that Trump's been workering towards being POTUS his whole life basically, especially since his days working on Reagan's campaign (where he picked up his campaign slogan), affirmed for me this legacy theory. Driven by this most Americana value of success.

So here we had Hillary, hell bent on being the first woman POTUS, by any means necessary, while already having left a trail of war crimes in her wake (Lybia,Syria, Arab Spring, etc), and being into all the most ruthless crooked shi'ite ever. Selling out America to the Globalists. Etc. A long family history of scandal, treachery and treason.

And then we had Trump, also obsessed with image, and hyper-ambitious, like Hillary, but his was an entirely different complex. Large family. Big family brand. In inherent appeal to leave a positive legacy there. A life of glamor, flashing lights, and gold. You hear in his words, constant usage of bits such as "greatest", "fabulous", etc. The entire foundation of his legacy built on leaving memorable glamorous landmarks. Now he wants to save America from the drug cartels with 'the greatest wall ever'.

If i were a betting man I'd wager Trump wants to go the good route, despite all the over the top spin the MSM puts on all his words. Hillary, willing to mass murder her way to the top, having a well known history of her ambition only being matched by her ruthlessness, perhaps she preferred not to got eh route of Hitler, perhaps being immortalized wasn't her only goal, but in her in that case, her obsession with ultimate power I'd have to wager her as being the one up for Immortalization via being the Most Evil.

I've had a file started on this, supposed to be an OP, from months ago. Sometimes it takes discussion to finally get me to dig in and type stuff up...
edit on 13-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

When people have money, it's not about "making money" it's about having power. Many of our representatives and past presidents were millionaires and in their 60's, 70's and 80's. Is there any wonder why these people don't retire and enjoy their remaining years in retirement? They would all receive a better pension than the majority of most Americans! The benefits, power and influence is why they're still in office. Who in there right mind wouldn't want to retire and spend the rest of their golden years traveling and enjoying life minus the everyday stress of work?

Why would a billionaire or multi-millionaire want the stress and constant scrutiny that comes with being the president of the United States? It's either a self-serving reason or a craving for power.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I know this concept is hard to grasp for most, but maybe he doesn't care about money and actually wants to make America great again?

That's sweet.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: masterofuniverse
if Donald Trump wanted to make big bucks, he would have remained in the private sector where he earns millions a year. As the president, many people hate him, like half the country. They boycott him whereas before June 2015 they did not and loved him. Being the president is going to cut into his finances fast and that is life. Being the president means he is going to lose revenue and business and that is life.

"Before June 2015 they loved him" How so, please don't say because of, 'The Apprentice' that's a TV show...winners and losers all scripted, please don't say that he is a well known philanthropist, because he isn't, he's as tight as a buck's horn. Please don't say he's a man of the the little people, because he isn't, he hates little people..especially when he can't get them out of his way. Please don't say it's because he's honest since he says so, because he isn't, either in monetary dealings, or in his remarkable use of perjoratives against, little people, countries, in TV shows, religious sects. Not honest about payoffs, slave labour, tax returns, donations, resurrecting Ice rink, coerced-affiliations to Wall Street by default, big oil, Mafia, conspiracy, Plus exaggeration of self merit..hyperbole in general, thereby deceit overall.
As for not making a buck, or losing a buck even
wait till you get a flyer encouraging you to invest in Sunshine Desserts, or Rabid Rubbish design..that'll be Donald once he gets his peoples investment thingy going.

edit on 13-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Bill Clinton said that in 1992....is there a difference in the meaning or rather the application, Clinton thinks so, so let's call the experts Statler and Waldorf. They know...guessed everything.

edit on 13-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join