It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon counties' gun measures spark debate: Second Amendment 'sanctuary counties' sought

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Careful. Bragging about following laws will get you labeled as anti-gun.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Sounds like you need to take a field trip out east for us and let us know what you find.

I'd be interested to know if there's something beyond the symbolic middle finger brewing (see what I did there?) in regards to getting that law off the books.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Sounds like you need to take a field trip out east for us and let us know what you find.

I'd be interested to know if there's something beyond the symbolic middle finger brewing (see what I did there?) in regards to getting that law off the books.

Hah!

Actually, I have some property near Burns that my brother takes care of but I think he's in Mexico right now. If not, I'll pick his brain. Personally, Bend is as far as I like to go towards the east.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oregon gun laws have gotten more restrictive as of late.

Gov. Kate Brown isn't going to ease up on them anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Actually, they don't have to, they are merely passing it as an affirmation of what is already guaranteed.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I don't know any of those town names so I'm gonna take that to mean you're already packing up to check things out for us.

Abysha, traveling investigative ATS member extraordinaire

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

So it's symbolic....

Like I said.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I don't know any of those town names so I'm gonna take that to mean you're already packing up to check things out for us.

Abysha, traveling investigative ATS member extraordinaire

Well Burns is eastern Oregon and Bend is "central" Oregon but both are on the eastern side of the Cascades. Any further than Bend and things start to feel too much like Idaho. But Bend's election results were almost exactly 50/50, if that's any indicator of a good neutral place to start.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Oregon gun laws have gotten more restrictive as of late.

Gov. Kate Brown isn't going to ease up on them anytime soon.

And that's the tricky thing. Kind of like how conservatives who aren't anti-lgbt, but live in red states, end up with anti-lgbt representatives. Liberals who aren't anti-gun in blue states usually end up with anti-gun representatives.

If we ever had some decent pro-gun liberal politicians here, they'd be killing it at the elections.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Income tax sanctuary cities.

D

Seconded. Can we move to vote now or do we need to file paperwork?

Just get a pubic official to state it.

Seems to work in California, etc.

And if the vote doesn't give you the results you want, just do what our mayor does, keep narrowing the pool of voters who are allowed to vote on the issue in special elections until you finally get what you wanted all along. If you do it right, there is bound to be some pool of voters you can make rules to allow to vote.

Our mayor wanted a street car really, really bad and the voters didn't time after time.

They kept putting the issue to vote after vote until the finally won ... with a voter pool composed only of those people who happened to live along the actual proposed route of the project, not people who owned the property, just the ones who lived there (largely 20-something young professionals who rented loft apts and were highly transient).

But hey, THEY finally wanted that street car and now we are all paying for it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join