It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon counties' gun measures spark debate: Second Amendment 'sanctuary counties' sought

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: intrptr

Lol k, keep making # up buddy. Whatever helps your fapfest for me

I'm not your "buddy".

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Well HERE in the states its a bit harder to commit a crime with a fully auto weapon due to the fully auto ban. Plus real soldiers know that you can do FAR more damage with a semi-auto weapon than an automatic. Full autos are just meant for suppressive fire. With semi autos you can aim and snipe. FAR more deadly than just spraying and praying. Sorry that was my Army training speaking (an organization that more and more street gangs are sending their members to school up on tactics with).

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well knowing your normal levels of hyperbole about the left I thought I'd start out strong.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Cities ignore illegal immigration laws and they are applauded by many.

Why not firearms as well?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea Army training... The problem is that the cartels would want full auto because of the psychological impact on the "peasants." Hell I am more afraid of the dude with a bolt action rifle who can make the long shots than some idiot with full auto. But you are avoiding a uncomfortable fact, the US is not the only game in town for acquiring weapons and if you were in the Army you should know what the most common rifle in the world is.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well I'm talking about crime within the states because that is a hot button issue that surrounds gun control measures. I also assumed that was a given so I wasn't taking into consideration cartel members in Mexico threatening the locals. I was more referring to the cartels that have set up shop within our borders along with the local street gangs that become their clients. Which I alluded to when I talked about my Army training.

ETA: With that being said. One of the most dangerous weapons in America isn't a rifle, but a pistol. Most crimes are committed with semi-auto pistols because they are easy to hide under loose fitting clothing. Rifles or shotguns not so much.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Plus real soldiers know that you can do FAR more damage with a semi-auto weapon than an automatic. Full autos are just meant for suppressive fire. With semi autos you can aim and snipe. FAR more deadly than just spraying and praying.

Both suppressive fire and direct fire are required in combination to overcome a position. Keeping their heads down with machine gun fire (suppressive fire) so you can sneak up on them and toss a grenade in or go all Audie Murphy if an idiot.

So we need all three; machine guns, rifles and grenades. According to constitutional edict the populace should be as well armed as the military in case they are directed against the populace by enemies within.

Not just with limited capacity hunting rifles, shotguns and pistols.
edit on 13-2-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Cities ignore illegal immigration laws and they are applauded by many.

Why not firearms as well?

Why not indeed!

Democracy is a TWO way street after all.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Uh Huh... By that token I could argue that I should be able to own an ICBM.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Uh Huh... By that token I could argue that I should be able to own an ICBM.

That red herring doesn't work.

Always is amusing watching nukes being brought to a gun fight.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Actuallt the peasant remark works here in the US too. Lot's of ignorance about guns to go around in the states. But the army isn't training soldiers to be marksmen, otherwise we wouldn't need dedicated snipers. We have had enough issues with guns being allowed to fall into the wrong hands due to elected officials. Remember the guy in CA ?link And the semi-auto pistol is the favorite of the idiot, but that's just my informed opinion. The issue is the cartels have resources above and beyond the gangs based out of the states and with resources like that they have options.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ok. Tank. Helicopter. Submarine. Field Artillery. Where do these requests to become equally armed as the government start to become too silly? Where is the exact line? Care to elucidate for me since you are making it look like it should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This stuff is gold. Cities, townships and other localities are about to go ham.

Some localities should start outlawing various state tax and federal tax schemes as well.

Bundy and Co. Should start making some "Bureau Land Management free zones" in townships and counties.

Going to love seeing a full scale rebellion of rural counties in liberal states because of this sanctuary city precedent.

Gotta give all localities the right to ignore laws if we are going to give cities this sanctuary city exemption.

The balkanization is accelerating, all it takes is one big event.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hey, if anyone who wants to can defy Federal immigration law and create sanctuary cities, then why can't some places defy their states and do likewise for gun ownership?

If we can pick and choose laws to follow and enforce, then we can pick and choose from all of them, not just the ones certain sides of the political spectrum agree with.

You guys keep your illegals, and we'll keep our gun rights.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Dude. Crimes committed with fully automatic weapons are near non-existent in the States. That's just a fact. The Blaze agrees.

Whatever you want to believe is irrelevant. The facts are that most gun crimes are committed by handguns.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Certainly not when they're already getting walked over the border and sold for cents on the dollar, anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ok. Tank. Helicopter. Submarine. Field Artillery. Where do these requests to become equally armed as the government start to become too silly? Where is the exact line? Care to elucidate for me since you are making it look like it should be obvious.

www.exarmyvehicles.com...

www.globalplanesearch.com...

www.gunslot.com...

When has the anti gunner 'argument' ever not been ludicrous?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Income tax sanctuary cities.

D

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Lol k, keep making # up buddy. Whatever helps your fapfest for me

I'm not your "buddy".

I like that that's the only thing you're disputing, friend.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Income tax sanctuary cities.

D

Seconded. Can we move to vote now or do we need to file paperwork?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join