It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know why both CNN and CBS news are sending huge news crews to Antarctica?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HypnoAsp

Great post - thank you!

I think some of the things you mention have been brought up by other posters here, but no one pulled them all together into a single coherent post until yours.

I too think this is *far* more than climate science, although that too may play a role. Either as a cause - melting exposed something that can no longer be hidden, or as an effect - whatever the hell is down there is causing or amplifying the climate shifts.

Something is starting to stink down there in the warming climate...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I hope CNN ships the whole staff over to antarctica
and abandon them there...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Waiting with bated breath for the evidence of whatever is happening in Antarctica! Substantiated with the requisite "pics or it didn't happen" of course, from competing news crews, NASA satellites, on-ground scientists and then, actual analysis not just a 5-word tweet.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's summer time over there now. They are probably recording and saying look the Ice got smaller. I would like them to do the same in the winter.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No Nazi Underground Base/UFO stuff? Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They discovered Santa Claus moved to the South Pole to warm up because He is to cold at the North Pole.

Or they are major major major terrified of Trump shooting nukes out Trump tower at them.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Can the climate deniers let up some? We'll have time to discuss this later. Right now it seems prudent to gather info and see what it means.
Something more than CC is drawing a lot of high profile to a rather desolate location. If it was just CC data, they would rely on experts. (After all, I doubt any one of the celeberties could even read the sismic recorder.)

This seems more of a" sight " to be disussed . like this is a moral and political problem. Now CC might qualify, but there's no need to view it in person. The breaking away will be more spectacular viewed ftom orbit in HD.

What do these people have in common?
What do they control?
Who else may be there incognito?
What, if any, military is along?
What scences are in place besides CC people?

Instead of taking pot shots at each other, would we be better served to focus on uncoverig which lies our overnments (plural) is coming next?
And maybe a better peek behind the curtain.

VF

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I believe this is a close an answer as we may get. Link below.

divinecosmos.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
lol at people comparing Antarctica to a glass of water with ice. Are you assuming Antarctica is a floating giant ice cube or do you not realize its an ice covered land mass? Get a bundt cake pan, fill it with water, place ice cubes in the center, now push those ice cubes into the water and a tell me what happens to the water level. Now I'm not saying there will be some huge change in water levels, but it surely isn't the same as an ice cube floating in water.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnybrown4792

divinecosmos.com...

Yeah unfortunately all he did there was make a big hype and invited everyone to join his event where he will reveal more. This doesn't make him any legit to me and now I get it why he isn't respected person on ATS

TV crews are probably preparing some fear mongering reportage about global warming. Seeing more and more scientists going public about manmade warming hoax someone started pulling the MSM strings to heat things up once again.

edit on 15-2-2017 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Seeing more and more scientists going public about manmade warming hoax someone started pulling the MSM strings to heat things up once again.

More and more?
Are you talking about Dr. Bates? Did he say AGW is a hoax? Really?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
They're still pushing fake news/fake science about global warming. This after revelations that indeed the NOAA had offered up doctored weather data to support their global warming theories. And temps in Antarctica haven't been warmer than usual, they've been trending lower than normal or normal with some record lows. There is that underground volcano that is causing an ice shelf to slide away. And colder temps means more ice, so when theres more ice, theres more of it to break away when it does warm. I'm glad they're still being forced to push their agenda, for a while they seem to had been satisfied and went all in on demanding it be accepted. Now they're back defending it and Trump seems to be screwing with their plans. He must really have thrown a monkey wrench in the puppet masters works, they want him out.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
And another thing. These scientists supported global warming when the Obama administration was in. Now that trump is in and anti global warming, they're changing their tune and coming out against it. So are we to assume that they'll cozy up and ingratiate themselves with whoevers in charge and most likely to offer them a paycheck? Science is for hire, but then so is government.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Or it could be this?

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Tools for an Icy Moon

Curtis joined JPL's Extreme Environments Robotics Group in 2016, where engineers are developing nimble machines that can climb, scurry and rove across difficult terrain. Aaron Parness, manager of the Robotic Prototyping Lab, said Mt. Erebus was a good testing ground for some of the robots and instruments in development. When a member of the group is conducting field research, they often test each other's work. It's part of the rapid design prototyping that steers the group's efforts. "Field testing shows you things that are hard to learn in the laboratory," Parness said. "We jump on those opportunities. Even if the prototype isn't ready to work perfectly, it doesn't mean it isn't ready to teach us lessons on how to make the next iteration better." Curtis tested several unique projects at Mt. Erebus. There was the Ice Screw End Effector (ISEE), a kind of ice drill designed for the "feet" of a wall-climbing robot called LEMUR. The drill would allow LEMUR to attach itself to walls, while also pulling out samples of the ice with each step. Future designs might be able to check for chemical signs of life within these samples. ISEE hadn't seen much field testing before this trip -- just the ice growing inside a fridge at JPL.

Frozen beauty

For the ancient Greeks, Erebus was an entrance to the underworld. It's a fitting namesake: scientists have discovered that Mt. Erebus has its own underworld -- though one of stunning beauty. The volcano's gases have carved out massive caves, which are filled with forests of hoarfrost and cathedral-like ice ceilings. Curtis said the heat from Erebus keeps the caves cozy -- close to 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius) -- and drives warm gases out of vents at the surface, where they freeze into towers. Within the caves, the mixing of warm and cold air forms icy "chimneys" that reach toward the ground.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
They want to be there when that huge chunk of ice breaks off so that they can have live pictures of it while they are blaming trump for it.

While they are completely oblivious to the fact that there is nothing to blame for since a sheet of that is already in the water will not add to the sea levels in anyway and they end up looking stoopit, again.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinfoilTP

There really is a hugh piece about to break off.

Not really. Its a 70 mile crack that would need to manage to become a 2400 mile long crack first before it can become a danger to lowlands. But only if you asume it will ever manage that. Pipe down on the drama bit ok.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 15 Feb 2017 14:32:46 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If it grows faster it means its colder not warmer.

What does this mean?
Antarctic Sea Ice Likely to Hit New All-Time Record Lows Over Coming Days

Over the course of millennia, probably not so much.
I think what happens in the next 100 years might be of more concern than what happened 20,000 years ago.

It means the same as when 10 years ago they claimed all ice on the Himalaya's would be gone in 10 years and all their other made up bullsnap in between it all, Nothing

#Climategate, never forget.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Out of curiosity I googled today's news on antarctic to see what's happening and here is first report. Penguin populations are dropping it seems. I'm not making any claims, just being informative on progress.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

originally posted by: johnnybrown4792

divinecosmos.com...

Yeah unfortunately all he did there was make a big hype and invited everyone to join his event where he will reveal more. This doesn't make him any legit to me and now I get it why he isn't respected person on ATS

TV crews are probably preparing some fear mongering reportage about global warming. Seeing more and more scientists going public about manmade warming hoax someone started pulling the MSM strings to heat things up once again.

Ive heard other people holler about him flapping his jaws too. I didn't know he was frowned upon here. I've seen him plenty on Ancient Aliens and something about him does seem off. Almost as if he's a weasel

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I found this dated 2 days ago.(yesterday sorry)

(CNN) - A crucial glacier in Antarctica is slowly breaking apart from the inside out.

The images in this story depict noticeable changes that occurred over only two days.

edit on 16-2-2017 by saudi because: I'm blind.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...
edit on 16-2-2017 by saudi because: (no reason given)

another tweet

And apparently CBS is there for the penguins and killer whales of course.(also dated Feb.15)

CBS penguin article

Killer whales

edit on 16-2-2017 by saudi because: found more stories

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join