It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know why both CNN and CBS news are sending huge news crews to Antarctica?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I apologize as I'm on the run right now, so can't post sources, but I've seen this referenced in a few different places.

Why are these large "news" organizations sending large news/video crews to Antarctica now?

The possibilities are making my head swim...

Does anyone have any good info?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I think they are doing some climate change documentaries and reports.

Perhaps this is part of it.

www.adweek.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Who knows why they are really there but there has been a bunch of recent articles lately about a big break off of ice in Antartica so it could be that.
"Correspondent Mark Phillips has traveled through Europe and Africa to document how climate change is impacting our world for his “Climate Diaries” series. This morning, traveling aboard the Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Explorer, he reports from the far-less-traveled continent of Antarctica, where a massive iceberg is poised to break away"

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's probably only the reporters who are far left views that are going. They are trying to cool their jets so they learn not to tell so many misconceptions on the news. We don't have a Siberia here after all. They will be stuck there for a couple of months and maybe they will get their crap together.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They might be setting up the next onslaught of "scientific" climate change reports that are being paid for.

+52 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Does anyone know why both CNN and CBS news are sending huge news crews to Antarctica?

Because it's the only continent left they haven't taken a dump on with their lies?

+13 more 
link   
Antarctica has had record ice growth for how many years now? If you have larger than normal ice sheets, then wouldn't it follow that you could also end up with larger than normal calved icebergs?

link   

originally posted by: proximo

I think it might be about this: Giant Crack in Antarctica About to Spawn New York-Size Iceberg

I have an idea

link   
Ask John Kerry.

Maybe to see the record sea ice growth that has been reported in recent years?

+15 more 
link   
Secret Nazi Base?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What does Phillips hope the viewing audience takes away from these special reports? “With any luck, the biggest take away from our reporting here will be to turn the climate change argument, which has gotten very political, back to science. The polar regions are where the evidence of climate change is greatest, and what happens here will eventually affect us all.”

(source cited)

So instead of having the climate change argument framed in the political view CBS is trying to re-frame the argument back into the scientific realm. That and maybe get the money shot if the Larsen C (??) ice shelf splits off.

And now that the Superbowl is over...

+2 more 
link   
On second thought maybe they finally discovered Captain America.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Secret Nazi Base?

Live coverage from the new U-Boat named "U-CO2"

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I think they are doing some climate change documentaries and reports.

Perhaps this is part of it.

www.adweek.com...

I think that's the CBS "cover story".

Haven't seen a peep from CNN.

Could be all the climate change events that are happening re: ice shelves breaking off, etc.

Could also be something else.

Haven't a fair number of very high-level people recently visited Antarctica?

Why?

I think the story is bigger than climate change. I think the ice melts may have uncovered something extraordinary and which can't be kept secret any longer.

As to what that may be, who knows...

You gotta love ATS...

The hell with politics - this is something we can really get our teeth into!

edit on 2/13/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

link   

Extra sky miles?? Or perhaps the view and I'm not talking about the old ladies who seem to think k people care about what they think. And finally I'd say fresh air any of the above works.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Breaking:

Russian hack teams headquarters discovered !!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
CBS Climate Diaries ?

The CBS Newser corresponded with TVNewser from on-board the National Geographic Explorer, which is “a combination adventure-tourism and research vessel that has several scientific teams on board as well as fee-paying customers.”

What has Phillips seen so far? “We’re meeting scientists here who have worked in Antarctica for years and who say they are seeing new weather patterns, which are causing changes in the landscape not seen for 10,000 years.”

He brought up the local wildlife who have had to change their behavior as a result of the changes in climate. “Some species of penguin, for example, which previously lived in warmer areas toward South America, have established themselves further south along the Antarctic coasts,” said Phillips. “That has not only put them in competition with the penguin species that used to dominate the area and forced them further south, it’s confused some of the predators which depend on the penguins, leopard seals and even killer whales.”

What does Phillips hope the viewing audience takes away from these special reports? “With any luck, the biggest take away from our reporting here will be to turn the climate change argument, which has gotten very political, back to science. The polar regions are where the evidence of climate change is greatest, and what happens here will eventually affect us all.”

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Flat Earth disclosure.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Wow. Just made a thread about this in the R.A.T.S. forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guess it's not visible to many members.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join