It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is the first 'gay' president

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Why? Is this like a fantasy you have? Trump in blackface with a Katy Perry wig?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I might suspect the Trump acceptance of gay rights is the money factor to an extent...

every gay I met had tons of disposable income & top-drawer stuff already...no chincy stuff for gays,,, so Trump responds with a friendly attitude for gays & maybe (gets) a few campaign bucks to boot

added 'gets'
edit on th28148701868913442017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yeah, he is so pro - LGBT, that he picked Pence as his partner in crime, a man who has voted against every bill to extend and protect the rights of LGBT persons, and ran think tanks dedicated to picking those protections apart, under the guise of protecting the religious freedoms of Christians. Let's ignore also, Mr Jeff Sessions, another prominent campaigner against human rights. Rated as having a zero percent voting record on gay rights generally, Mr
Sessions voted against pretty much every important protection that LGBT persons currently get under United States law.

In fact, if you look into every person other than Trump in the top of the D.C. machine, you will note that practically every name in every key position has voted entirely against every protection, every right, every single element of the equality currently enjoyed by LGBT persons in the United States, and the thing is, that these are people whose job is enforcing laws they voted against. Now, if Mr Trump was of a mind to protect his friends in the LGBT crowd, he would not give positions to people like Ben Carson, Steve Bannon, Betsy DeVos, powerful positions which allow these individuals to influence the development and enforcement of laws pertaining to LGBT persons, their protection from hate crimes, even though every politician on the list has voted against permitting crimes against LGBT persons, being described as hate crimes, even though most LGBT persons who encounter crime, do so in response to their sexuality.

Tell me, how is it that this friend of the LGBT community, has put all the most potent enemies of that group, in positions which would allow them to affect the outcomes of legislative development? That does not seem like something a person who is genuinely a friend of the LGBT folks would do.

(post by KEACHI removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
And I have grown tired of click bait titles..

Well, his screen name will be easy to remember, I figure.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Tell me, how is it that this friend of the LGBT community, has put all the most potent enemies of that group, in positions which would allow them to affect the outcomes of legislative development? That does not seem like something a person who is genuinely a friend of the LGBT folks would do.

Not to mention all the talk of giving churches more political power, which could very well have a huge impact on LGBT rights and discrimination, if he follows through.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well we all know Bush I liked having sex with Johnny Gosch, and Cathy Obrien tells us that Clinton likes banging dudes, Barack Obama was a gay coke head in high school. So the first gay president is a bit of a stretch.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

Not to mention all the talk of giving churches more political power, which could very well have a huge impact on LGBT rights and discrimination, if he follows through.
I wonder if the church of Scientology would make the list ? YIKES if so .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: matafuchs

If it isn't clear to anybody by now that Trump isn't this demon he's painted out to be, you need to confront your own demons and reflect hard in front of a mirror or something.

I'm finding it an interesting exercise in watching everyone's psychology on ATS.
I can tell who is projecting.
I can tell where people are getting their info from.
I can tell if someone is pleading to emotion or is thirsty for facts.

It's weird to watch, but not surprising.

I already knew Trump was very pro LGBT.. But then again I don't let idiots filter information for me and call it news.. I get my own.. If you hear something about a policy look up THE ACTUAL policy, don't look on ABC to see what they said about the policy, what they projected onto it.. Look at the actual documents.

Look at the actual quotes, not the people quoting people.

But I am impressed at the psy op. They have people protesting against themselves. That's just amazing.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
Well we all know Bush I liked having sex with Johnny Gosch, and Cathy Obrien tells us that Clinton likes banging dudes, Barack Obama was a gay coke head in high school. So the first gay president is a bit of a stretch.

no pun intended?

And I'll just leave..

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You are the expert when it comes to anti lgbt, at least that's what I read about you.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Good points. So, to be clear, you believe Ben Carson, Steve Bannon, Betsy DeVos and Mike Pence want to take away the rights of the LGBT community? As well as Jeff Sessions? Just want to be sure what your thought process is.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't say he is gay. I would say he is pro gay. His own campaign was jump started by GOProud which is GOP's LGBTQ organization.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Good points. So, to be clear, you believe Ben Carson, Steve Bannon, Betsy DeVos and Mike Pence want to take away the rights of the LGBT community? As well as Jeff Sessions? Just want to be sure what your thought process is.

A lot of people are pretty worried about their futures, after seeing the way Pence has continually voted against anything supportive of the LGBT community.

Also, talks of potentially giving the church more political power, has a lot of people worried that discrimination will be legal at some point, under the guise of "religious" freedom.

I'm not saying they are necessarily coming after LGBT rights, but one would be wise to pay attention, given the above.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

A lot of people are pretty worried about their futures, after seeing the way Pence has continually voted against anything supportive of the LGBT community.

Also, talks of potentially giving the church more political power, has a lot of people worried that discrimination will be legal at some point, under the guise of "religious" freedom.

I'm not saying they are necessarily coming after LGBT rights, but one would be wise to pay attention, given the above.

Pence has no real power. In fact Pence is kind of an impeachment protection of Trump wouldn't you say?
Trump has been pro LGBT for a while.

What I'm interested in your post is the second paragraph. So I'll go check that out.. it sounds kind of odd.
How can you give a church more political power?

I see by allowing them to endorse a candidate. I didn't realize they were not able to.
I don't know I don't think I have an issue with that. EXCEPT... Churches are tax exempt.. And all the sudden popping up in my head is money laundering through churches and back room deals and all kinds of weird stuff..

thanks for the heads up anyway.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Trump is not gay...
But this thread sure is...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
Churches lost their ability to interfere politically in the 50's, trump has said he wants to give "power back to the church" by repealing the law against it.

Bad idea in my opinion.

Nothing has been attempted yet to my knowledge but, it's certainly something to keep an eye on. Now I must go investigate...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Trump is not gay...
But this thread sure is...

If you have nothing of substance to contribute, why bother commenting?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

Thank you. A real answer and conversation.

I am not stating that, based on past actions of some, there could not be some concern. I understand. However, my point was that Trump is making it inclusive at the current moment. He did not win because of their vote as he pulled in less than Romney but it was a strong base the DNC did not expect him to garner.

As far as Pence, he is very religious and his actions show who he really is. Just because he is against gay marriage does not mean he wants to take away their rights.He had an opinion when in the Congress and he was opposed. However, he does not make policy so I do not see worry here. I mean, to be honest, if we play the religious card if I was gay I would be a little more afraid of Keith Ellison and Andre Carson. They are Islamic, in Congress and Islam kills gays. The argument would be not in America but I am using it as an example of why there should be no fear as you have two religious groups.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Guess he told you to go home when you showed up dressed as Putin? Must have been a bummer. Anything to actually add to the thread?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join