It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid CEOs and bankers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm so sick of the oligarchs complaining about "risks" in the economy. They are the ones creating all the risks. And why does the economy suffer when they are afraid? If the middle class were not driven deeper and deeper into poverty wages every year then people would have plenty of money to grow the economy. We've been living a downward spiral of stagflation since 2008. Everything costs so much there's just not enough money in the economy to cause any real growth. If it were not for population growth and stuff being replaced because it breaks there would probably be negative growth in the economy. I'm just so sick of this year after year with anemic growth. This economy fricken sucks.

"Trump, Brexit Dominate European Outlook ‘Assailed by Risks’"

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The economy of countries has been declining for a couple of years. Their twisting of the evidence doesn't work anymore, it is becoming evident that our economies are on the verge of Collapse. I think Europe should take a look at what Trump is trying to do and secure their economies better. Germany is starting to boost the stability of their economy by investing in real businesses in their own country.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The fact that the economy sucks only poses a potential health hazard to the poor. It does not threaten the physical health of the middle classes, unless of course they are stupid enough to live somewhere which has no taxation paid medical care facilities, but it does mean that the poor are more likely to suffer malnourishment, or exposure related illnesses. The middle and upper classes do NOT require help. Its those who are actually in mortal danger we need to worry about, not those who have already purchased a dwelling, and the most they have to worry about is having to buy one less spa weekend or else they cannot insure the bloody car.

The middle and upper classes look after themselves, because they CAN look after themselves. The only people who cannot, are the people who get left behind because there is either no work, or work which cannot be called gainful employment, which they do anyway, despite the fact that it will often cost them more in real terms, than staying on some out of work benefit would.

I am sure its scary for a middle class person, who might become poor. But it is not life threatening. Lets concentrate where the danger is, shall we?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There is no doubt that poverty kills more people than terrorism or any other cause. There have been many studies, if you accept science as meaningful, showing this to be true.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the real danger?

btw, I do not think your characterization of the middle class in the US is accurate. Everyone I know has very little excess cash otherwise my friends would be taking real vacations. I haven't had real vacation in years. My healthcare premium is almost as much as my mortgage!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The economy of countries has been declining for a couple of years. Their twisting of the evidence doesn't work anymore, it is becoming evident that our economies are on the verge of Collapse. I think Europe should take a look at what Trump is trying to do and secure their economies better. Germany is starting to boost the stability of their economy by investing in real businesses in their own country.

I think pricing and wage policies by the oligarchs is pinching demand.

It would be nice if we had meaningful tax reform. Many years ago Republicans talked about a flat tax. But I remember Republicans from red-states saying a flat tax was not fair because their tax rates would go up.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I did say "Unless you are stupid enough to live somewhere which has no taxation paid healthcare facilities".

And just so we are clear, it is fundamentally stupid to get people to pay for healthcare as individuals. No one should have to pay for treatment, unless the treatment is purely cosmetic of course, like breast enlargement for example. People need to stop becoming doctors because they want the big cars and the nice houses. They should become doctors or other medical professionals because, if forced to do one or the other, they would rather save lives, than live one of their own.

The real danger, is that poverty is a killer, and the deeper it gets, the more people die. I have lived right on the bleeding edge, back when I was a child. I am not that far away from it now at the age of 31. The stress involved with not being sure when you will next eat, how long you can afford the heating to be on, how many cups of milk you can drink without making things terrifying for your parents... That feeling scarred me so deeply that I can even feel it now. It used to make me physically ill at the time, and the thing is, it is puckered butts time again, because things are tighter than they have been since I was five. Now, things are not so bad that I am worried about not eating tonight, because I ate today once, and thats fine. Tomorrow though... I have no idea about tomorrow.

I am not a rich man, not even well off, or comfortable, or even stable. I am literally by the seat of my pants right now, writing my fate furiously with one hand, and gripping the edge of the toilet I am being flushed down with the other. So bear with me.

How can I put this... 24.5% or so of the UK population have less than one hundred pounds in the bank. Just take that in for a moment. Thats nearly a quarter of the UK population, with frankly pointless amounts of money in the bank. I have much less than that, and I am a company director. The working poor get ignored by some sectors of the community, both here and in the US, despite the fact that the people who do the ignoring often have NO idea what it feels like to live that life, to strive and work for nothing. You see, its not that I am poor and in a stable situation, an iron clad situation. I live in rented accommodation with my mother, and things are tight as hell. We own nothing, have no assets worth a damn to anyone. The slightest thing goes wrong in my business, and the whole thing could fall apart, and I would normally be able to say, my income with it. As it is, business is poor because most everyone around here is skint as well. So my work barely pays. I have to draw an amount to make my accountant happy, but as it happens, I am drawing well under national minimum wage per month, and working like a dog anyway. I would be many times better off financially, if I let the state take over, and I would still be on the edge of the pan, even then.

My mental health is collapsing, because I am doing everything right and getting nowhere, have been since I entered the world of work. So the answer is, poverty sends people mad, starves them, and eventually kills them. People in THAT sort of danger, are the only ones who NEED help.

People who own their homes, have a car they will never need to buy again, already have insurance on both and low premiums owing to a no claim bonus of several decades in the making, do not NEED help, they just feel like they would LIKE some help. If a person is middle class, that is basically like saying, "Well, they are not stinking rich or anything, but they are not at the edge of the pan, gripping the cage of the toilet freshener block to avoid being sucked down the bloody U bend.". Everyone who is working class or less, right now, IS in the "If ANYTHING goes wrong right now, we might be homeless in a couple of months"situation. You tell me who needs the help?
edit on 13-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What do they have to fear, make a mistake tax payers cover it.

And oh, corps are people, until they drop the ball hard and almost crash the world's econ.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The bigger corporations become the more removed from the real world. The more they need to 'save money' by cheapening their products and services.

When they skimp on product quality to save a penny, to you its a scam, to them they just saved a million dollars.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm so sick of the oligarchs complaining about "risks" in the economy. They are the ones creating all the risks. And why does the economy suffer when they are afraid? If the middle class were not driven deeper and deeper into poverty wages every year then people would have plenty of money to grow the economy. We've been living a downward spiral of stagflation since 2008. Everything costs so much there's just not enough money in the economy to cause any real growth. If it were not for population growth and stuff being replaced because it breaks there would probably be negative growth in the economy. I'm just so sick of this year after year with anemic growth. This economy fricken sucks.

"Trump, Brexit Dominate European Outlook ‘Assailed by Risks’"

www.bloomberg.com...

We hear you rant: Dude-From-New-Jersey.

What exactly is: "The Economy"?

Is it something other that a politicians talking-point, that's supposed to be important to us, but in reality, is only another indication of how well their stinking cronies are doing?

[Please note that this is not a question against any of your personal financial struggles, real or perceived.]

new topics

top topics

join