It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Building New National Watchlist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

There is no delineation between wrongful arrest that i can see, So if wrongfully arrested your name goes into the database gets searched from your current employer and you are kickin turds down the road lookin for work.

If the smell of freedom is the same as the smell of horse$h!t then slap on your blindfold and have at it. It's an all you can eat special provided by our good friends the FBI.
edit on PMMonday37America/Chicago2V2017023728 by ThoughtIsMadness because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Anyone who supports this...

There's a space against the wall in their future, that's all I am saying.

And if you don't support this.... You just made the list!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

So this is one of those conundrums, where arrest information is public record. I don't think people want secret arrests.

The issue is with employers and what weight they give to arrest history. I'm on the fence on that issue. I see valid arguments on both sides.

Same here. We don't want criminal in daycares and nursing homes, but we also don't want a complete lack of privacy. I don't have any issue with collecting data once someone is actually charged with a crime. That said, there is a grey area in whether or not to keep that data, if the person is not convicted. One could argue, and I am sure this is the official position, that they keep it because sometimes crooks can't be convicted, because of flaws in the system. However, it's a fact that people can be, and are, arrested when they actually did nothing wrong, and even charged with a crime. Where do we draw the line? Fingerprints, now facial recognition, and what next? DNA profiles, collected at birth? The potential for abuse is a very real concern here. I am no fan of the ACLU, by any means, but this really is a problem!

<< 1   >>

join