It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera quits Yale over college name change --"political correctness is lame"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Again, where did i call liberals snowflakes?

I left it to your imagination and YOU are filling in that blank.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Fine. Be coy. I don't need to bicker about your pride, but know that none of us consider you to have the moral high ground here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
"They have no right to change the name based on their(THE LEFT's) feelings, just as you are trying to say "its nobody's business what a private organization does".

Actually they do. Stop being upset because you didn't get your way.

They can change it for whatever reason they want, even if Snowflakes from the Planet Jackass petition them.

edit on 13-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly my thoughts: Geraldo needs some headline time, and now he's got it.

Sorry about your septic tank man. That stinks.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I find strange about this whole thing, is Geraldo quitting over it. When did he stop being a PC advocate? IMO, Geraldo Rivera would have been the first person to applaud the name change.

When did he change, and why?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Case in point. Yale caved in to political correctness and now they will reap what they have sown. Humiliation.

They made a mistake. They had every right to make it too.

They pandered to the left's crying, now the right wants a say in the matter.. Seeing how they listened to the left.
edit on 13-2-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Attention. We weren't giving it to Geraldo.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Three people... I take back everything I said. I didn't realize we were up to a whole three black people in the History text books.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Case in point. Yale caved in to political correctness and now they will reap what they have sown. Humiliation.

I don't really care. I seldom get emotionally invested in things that do not concern me.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Three people... I take back everything I said. I didn't realize we were up to a whole three black people in the History text books.

I also learned about Freddy D and Judge Dredd Scott.

In think they were in Public Enemy or something.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You are kidding yourself. Your ad hominem attacks are on display. Those attacks stem from caring.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You are kidding yourself. Your ad hominem attacks are on display. Those attacks stem from caring.

No, those are me poking people who do not understand our rights with a sharp stick.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

a reply to: Shamrock6

The argument is not about whos choice it is to change the name or if they have the right to.

The argument is about the lefties crying foul until they get their way, strongarming an institution like Yale into changing the name of a building. Attempting to erode a man's legacy to the point of being removed from history.

The "argument" is about righties getting upset about a private institution exercising their prerogative.

"Argument" being in quotes because it's really just a statement of fact and one side is pretending it's not.

Are you upset about the righties excercising their right to criticize?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

My argument was never about their rights. I said that already. You are a great dancer.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Are you upset that I might be upset about others being upset that others are upset?

That was fun, wasn't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Are you upset that I might be upset about others being upset that others are upset?

That was fun, wasn't it?

I'm not upset, just showing the regressive nature of your "it's their right" argument. Fun, right!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I can't see why you would care about history at all when you clearly skipped that class and have avoided it like the plague since.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I learned how to tell time from Flava Flave.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

My argument was never about their rights.

You said, and I quote:

"They have no right to change the name based on their(THE LEFT's) feelings, just as you are trying to say "its nobody's business what a private organization does".

See, they do have the right. They can change it for whatever reason they want. You just don't like it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join