It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera quits Yale over college name change --"political correctness is lame"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well if he donated TONS of money to the college, I'm sure his say would mean a bit more. But ultimately he has no say even then if the college rejects the money.

Exactly, they can still tell him to grab on deez.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: Shamrock6

The argument is not about whos choice it is to change the name or if they have the right to.

The argument is about the lefties crying foul until they get their way, strongarming an institution like Yale into changing the name of a building. Attempting to erode a man's legacy to the point of being removed from history.

The "argument" is about righties getting upset about a private institution exercising their prerogative.

"Argument" being in quotes because it's really just a statement of fact and one side is pretending it's not.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just as you have the freedom to dance around the subject matter so you don't have to feel 'being wrong'.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The original argument was lefties crying. Do not forget.

The argument you see now is nothing more than making fun of Yale and calling out their feebleness.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Just as you have the freedom to dance around the subject matter so you don't have to feel 'being wrong'.

Here's the thing, I don't care about the subject matter. It's irrelevant to me.

If I wanted to name my house Cracker Ass Cracker's Home and you experienced soreness of the buttocks that is your problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The original argument was lefties crying. Do not forget.

The ORIGINAL POST is about Geraldo crying and leaving the university. Don't forget.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

No no. The original "argument" is righties being upset about lefties being upset and a private institution doing something supposed righties don't think they should.

Try and keep up.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You won't do it, Noballs McGee.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
You won't do it, Noballs McGee.

It's considered a T&C violation to post my real name on here, buddy.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You are defending Yale's actions. More precisely, their RIGHT to take that action. I agree with you on that.

I am defending those who point at Yale and say "PANSIES". More precisely, their RIGHT to call a pansy a pansy.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You are defending Yale's actions. More precisely, their RIGHT to take that action.

Of course I am, a private entity has every right to do what they want with their property whenever they want for whatever reason they want, as long as it is legal.

I am defending those who point at Yale and say "PANSIES". More precisely, their RIGHT to call a pansy a pansy.

I don't care. Do whatever you want.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You obviously care enough to attempt to discredit my stance by saying I am a "snowflake" or have "delicate sensibilities".

Coy are we?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not even a nibble at the brokeback comment, eh? Disappointing.

My septic tack has backed up, I'm already butthurt enough.

I don't applaud Yale at all for the decision.

I would have, if they had done so independently.

I'm just not applauding others in this thread or the previous one that are upset about their decision, either.

Geraldo Rivera just wants to be relevant.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You obviously care enough to attempt to discredit my stance by saying I am a "snowflake" or have "delicate sensibilities".

Coy are we?

You are also the person who stated that private entities 'had no right to change the name' of their property. Seems snowflakey and butthurt to me.

edit on 13-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's the right war, but as per usual Geraldo picks the wrong battle.

Calhoun was not a notable figure in history - his name is on the building because at one point, a lot of southern money came to Yale and his was among it.

He should come to Charlottesville, VA where some of the wrong-headed PC crowd are trying to get beautiful bronze statues of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson moved from their current locations and hidden in some park.

Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson?

That's history you PC morons. HISTORY.

Get used to it.

What's next - close down and take apart the beautiful University of Virginia brick by brick, because it was founded by Thomas Jefferson and he was a slaveholder?!

It boggles the mind...
edit on 2/13/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

link   

Coy are we?

Says the guy labeling liberals snowflakes.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Geraldo Rivera quits Yale over college name change

What a snowflake, poor thing. You guys crack me up, throwing around hollow terms when people do certain things then turn around and do the same things yourselves.

Don't let the door hit ya, Geraldo!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I did not state that. You are taking me out of context to fit your narrative. Here is my quote.

"They have no right to change the name based on their(THE LEFT's) feelings, just as you are trying to say "its nobody's business what a private organization does".

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Where did i do that in this thread?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

The original argument was lefties crying. Do not forget

We both truly know who the real snowflakes are, and they are getting their way, once again. Stooping to ad hominem does nothing more than prove I am right.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join