It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera quits Yale over college name change --"political correctness is lame"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Corps are people, but that is for another thread.

This means what in relation to what I said?
edit on 13-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Of course a part of me want to silence the left. But the smart (and better looking) side realizes my ass would be next.

God gave us freedom of speech---everyone.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well keep in mind that over the next four years, the attacks on your free speech won't be coming from the left. They don't have any political power currently. If you truly want to test your resolve here, I'd hope that you come to our defense when Trump and co start coming after our rights. He's already eyed up our right to protest and remarked about opening up libel laws.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I felt I did answer, with VP. Then you got a crew together and moved the dog gone goal posts again.

You can't complain about goalposts being moved when you're the queen at just blatantly ignoring the goalposts in the first place.

You claimed to not have any idea who he was before this whole flap started, now you're saying being VP is memorable. You can't even make up your mind which way to run with whatever your current shtick is.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

This odd little topic be but another tiny window of insight into understanding the completely bass ackwards liberal obsession with Islam. Of course the new world self-aspiring bastions of brutal self-censoriousity would become sympathizers & wouldbe collaborators of the old worlds leading self-censorshipful culture.

It's too bad whites might get book burned right out of history, and gas chambered right off the face of the planet, because after Planet SJW moves past that, it'll still be business as usual once the SJWamic World turns to sectarian warfare within their own ideo-religious ranks (just like the Islamic World).

Honestly, I'm betting the Black Power contingent in the SJWFRONT will come out on top after all the smoke clears, dust settles and ashes get washed away. They have a lot of serious bad arses I wouldn't ever want to have to wrastle. And what an irony that it just may have been be the racist slaver etc scum etc white people (whom were the first to get scrubbed & burned) whom brought them here that they'd ultimately have to thank for such a hypothetical twist of fate.

Ut oh, this post might get censored before anybody gets the warning....

The point is, all this tribalism crap never ends, while this kind of hyper-sensitive SJWFRONT thinking only exacerbates the problems of humanity that are already hard-wired into our DNA enough to ensure the many problems we have as a species (even in the absence of off the rails rabid hyper-tribalist obsessionism).

CENSORING AWAY WONT CHANGE OUR DNA!
edit on 13-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So inserting violent and negative words somehow makes it true and less of a strawman? No guy. The only infringe on your right to free speech that is of concern is the government doing it.

Utterly false and utterly dangerous hubris. There is a reason police guard the KKK when they do their rallies, and it's to protect them from a seething mob.

Yes and it has everything to do with protecting them and not anything to do with honoring their first amendment right, which is being upheld by the Supreme Court decision on hate speech already.

Surely you know why minority opinions should be protected, and why free expression is a fundamental right. Because it is law is not a good enough reason.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pennies, nickels and dimes, changes in history and social topography are incremental. In two or three generations the social landscape and allowable history will have changed dramatically, so much so, someone born in the 50's won't recognize what planet they are on. I have friends who were born in the 20's and 30's, they have problems with the social construct in today's terms. I am not saying anyone's perspective is correct, but we learn what we live and right now from my vantage point, the world is f**ked. I can just imagine how much worse it will be in 10, 20 or 30 years.

History, real history, should stay in the foreground of our minds, because to forget it or hide it only predicates creating the same mistakes, over and over again.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I will go over this one more time, and I am typing slow.

If I was to look at an average American's life, the ups and downs-the hee the haws.

I think the achieving something that some 44 men have achieved and only 44 ever, that seem remarkable and would be considered by most (objective people) a memorable thing.

Now if you want more than that, you should have said I want 2 memorable things and yes I folded my arms when I wrote that.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes. That is why rioting is illegal and rioters are arrested. Of course now you are going to tell me that the left is violent while ignoring the numerous non-violent protests (ironically including the one that prompted the name change this thread is about) that completely dwarf the few rabble rousers.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I felt I did answer, with VP. Then you got a crew together and moved the dog gone goal posts again.

You can't complain about goalposts being moved when you're the queen at just blatantly ignoring the goalposts in the first place.

You claimed to not have any idea who he was before this whole flap started, now you're saying being VP is memorable. You can't even make up your mind which way to run with whatever your current shtick is.

Viewed through the lens and prism of history, Calhoun is a nobody. I know some Yalies and they say it was all about the money he donated to the school - period.

I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Again, right war - wrong battle.

Classic Geraldo...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well keep in mind that over the next four years, the attacks on your free speech won't be coming from the left. They don't have any political power currently. If you truly want to test your resolve here, I'd hope that you come to our defense when Trump and co start coming after our rights. He's already eyed up our right to protest and remarked about opening up libel laws.

So what part of pre and post election protest, and Berkeley did someone miss ?

That was simply too rich.

Attacks on FREE SPEECH won't be coming from the left!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

That's absolutely why it was named after him. If the building had been named for him right after his term, one could argue that it was about him being a distinguished alumni. It wasn't, so we can't.

Again, right war - wrong battle.

That sums it up perfectly.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

For someone trying to act all smart and trying to talk down to me, you can't even get the total number of VP's correct. Again there are 48 VP's.

And AGAIN if you think that him merely being a VP is memorable enough (despite not knowing who he was before today) then fine. I and the rest of the thread will just remain unconvinced that he deserves a building named after him. Especially when the only reason he got his name on it to begin with is because he gave Yale a bunch of money.

PS: Here's a fun fact about your buddy Calhoun. He is the only VP to resign and become a Senator according to that Wikipedia article I posted there.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Last I checked, protesting is a protected right by our constitution.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yes. That is why rioting is illegal and rioters are arrested. Of course now you are going to tell me that the left is violent while ignoring the numerous non-violent protests (ironically including the one that prompted the name change this thread is about) that completely dwarf the few rabble rousers.

That is not why rioting is illegal. Good god, man. Did you go to university?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Last I checked, protesting is a protected right by our constitution.

What's been currently going on has no constitutional protections.

What's currently going on use to only happen in third world countries.

Speech and assembly are the only two things covered by constitutional protections.

Burning things,blocking ambulances,throwing things, beating the hell out of others.

is domestic terrorism.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Rioting isn't illegal because it is violent and destructive? Then why is it illegal oh GREAT sage of government law?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
History, real history, should stay in the foreground of our minds, because to forget it or hide it only predicates creating the same mistakes, over and over again.

I guess the positive is this event caused the Original Poster to go out and learn some real history about John Calhoun of whom he was previously completely unfamiliar with.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why are you ignoring the biggest protest in American history? Oh yeah because it was non-violent and doesn't mesh with your idiotic, partisan attack on the left.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Why are you ignoring the biggest protest in American history? Oh yeah because it was non-violent and doesn't mesh with your idiotic, partisan attack on the left.

Try again .

The biggest protest in RECENT history happened back in November on election day.

Ya know an action that actually accomplishes something.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join