It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera quits Yale over college name change --"political correctness is lame"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh darn! A university is exercising its rights to run a business and educate children. Western tradition is TOTALLY eroding from all these kids becoming smarter and more specialized with their education. The SHAME of those people at Yale for daring to do something so HEINOUS!

Straw man.

Yea and so is that schlock you just wrote to me.

I never misrepresented your argument, but you misrepresented mine.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does by gone era mean anything to ya?

And if being vice pres isn't memorable, why not?

There are people in this very thread who have mentioned they hadn't heard of the guy until this thread was written. Just being VP doesn't mean people are going to remember your name offhand. There have been 48 VP's so far, and people struggle to name all the Presidents we've had let alone the VP's.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And what an amazing "point" it is

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Oh darn! A university is exercising its rights to run a business and educate children. Western tradition is TOTALLY eroding from all these kids becoming smarter and more specialized with their education. The SHAME of those people at Yale for daring to do something so HEINOUS!

Straw man.

Oh PLEASE! The term "eroding western civilization" is a complete piece of hyperbolic nothing and partisan drivel. The fact you are being coy about it shows your lack of integrity on the matter.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Do you consider VP more of a achievement than a memorable item on someones life resume?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It may be for him personally, but that clearly isn't enough to cement his name as a memorable person in the American public's lexicon. I notice you aren't expanding beyond him just being a VP as his achievements. Can't think of anything else?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hold up, you said one thing....If this is a quiz I am out of here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Fine. Don't answer my concern and let it stand that he is a unmemorable VP that most of the American public had forgotten about until this story happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Straw man.

Oh PLEASE! The term "eroding western civilization" is a complete piece of hyperbolic nothing and partisan drivel. The fact you are being coy about it shows your lack of integrity on the matter.

The erosion of free speech is one example of Western Civilization crumbling. It's good to know you're blissfully unaware while it comes down around you.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Straw man.

The erosion of free speech is one example of Western Civilization crumbling. It's good to know you're blissfully unaware while it comes down around you.

Care to point out which laws the government has enacted that have curtailed your free speech?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Actually the government is the least likely to curtail free speech. It is likely to get curtailed through coercion and violence by mobs of university students.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Actually the government is the least likely to curtail free speech. It is likely to get curtailed through coercion and violence by mobs of university students.

Lol. And now you are whining about left leaning citizens using their right to free speech (as well as their right to protest) as somehow an infringement on your right to free speech. You are so hypocritical it's hilarious. You clearly just want to silence the left.

Come get me when the government starts stripping your right to free speech. That's something to get up in arms about. Not your baloney.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Lol. And now you are whining about left leaning citizens using their right to free speech (as well as their right to protest) as somehow an infringement on your right to free speech. You are so hypocritical it's hilarious.

I said through coercion and violence, not through speech. Another straw man. Seems to be your special move.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So inserting violent and negative partisan driven adjectives somehow makes it true and less of a strawman? No guy. The only infringement on your right to free speech that is of concern is the government doing it. Everything else is political theater.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So inserting violent and negative words somehow makes it true and less of a strawman? No guy. The only infringe on your right to free speech that is of concern is the government doing it.

Utterly false and utterly dangerous hubris. There is a reason police guard the KKK when they do their rallies, and it's to protect them from a seething mob.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I felt I did answer, with VP. Then you got a crew together and moved the dog gone goal posts again.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – Fox News personality Geraldo Rivera says he resigned from a voluntary position at Yale University after the school decided to change the name of a residential college that honors a slavery supporter.

Now if we could get everyone to resign from that political party that's mascot is a donkey.,

Since it was started by a slave owner.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So inserting violent and negative words somehow makes it true and less of a strawman? No guy. The only infringe on your right to free speech that is of concern is the government doing it.

Utterly false and utterly dangerous hubris. There is a reason police guard the KKK when they do their rallies, and it's to protect them from a seething mob.

Yes and it has everything to do with protecting them and not anything to do with honoring their first amendment right, which is being upheld by the Supreme Court decision on hate speech already.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Corps are people, but that is for another thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I felt I did answer, with VP. Then you got a crew together and moved the dog gone goal posts again.

If you feel like that is enough, then that is on you. I don't see how that is memorable enough to get people to remember him though, and I cited proof in this very thread that people don't know who he was. If you don't want to follow up and argue further about how he is memorable, do you. I just remain unconvinced that out of a pack of 48 VP's, he stands out as someone worth mentioning solely on the merit of him being a VP.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join