It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera quits Yale over college name change --"political correctness is lame"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The bigger issue here isn't whether or not private institutions should be able to do it, it's whether or not we should be a hypersensitive snowflake society whom cant handle words, history, and so on; A society whom cant move on and past things; A society who just has to go and scrub and censor everything that "offends" them.

That's the threat right now, and across western civilization we're at Red Alert levels already.

Will the Masonic Temple be the last bastion of racist history that wouldn't change its name, or will cliques of SJW's make their business to join the masonic society, and then start protesting from within, and make the leadership change the name?

If only that could be achieved without the people with that kind of thinking not continuing on with THEIR tribalist bigotry ways, once they get whatt they want at each new fascist baby step they set their sights on and stomp their way over, forever setting their sights on ever more things to stomp across.
edit on 13-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

They did when they voted Trump.

Next thing you know, the crazies are going to want to rename the Jefferson Memorial because Thomas Jefferson owned slaves at one time. Will The People finally say, "stop it!"

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It was you who brought up excersing rights. I showed how it is regressive and you keep demonstrating it. Again, who cares that it is their right? No one is threatening Yales rights.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The bigger issue here isn't whether or not private institutions should be able to do it...

That is what I am arguing. I do not care about the why.

Will the Masonic Temple be the last bastion of racist history that wouldn't change its name, or will cliques of SJW's make their business to join the masonic society, and then start protesting from within, and make the leadership change the name?

If we do that is our prerogative.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Actually Chaddersun brought up rights when he stated they had no right to change the name of the building.

Do you wanna just keep making stuff up or call it a day?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But should they keep it the racially divisive Redskin name?

If you think that Calhoun should go on the scrap heap....I am asking for an opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and the SJWFRONT will make Google etc ban the racist masonic name etc from the Interwebs, and then religious conspiracy theorists wont be able to slander your name online anymore.

One can dream, eh?

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I believe that decision is up to Daniel Synder.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He was vice pres.

And another racist Democrat from a gone by era.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

For ages? That's a nice, vague way of not committing to a response. Yes changing building names is something colleges do from time-to-time. Sometimes there is external pressure to do it. It's really not worth making a big deal out of though. Some rich asshole's name is removed to be replaced by another rich asshole. Whoopty do. If you don't even attend Yale, then I really fail to see what the big deal is. If it TRULY irks you, make sure your kids don't go either.

Though the right leaning members who think this decision is going to damage Yale's prestige are laughable. Yale will continue to be the cream of the crop of universities to send your kids to no matter what their buildings are named.

Because it churns out lefties, which in turn erodes the western tradition. The whole clash of civilization thing. Maybe that's above your pay grade.
edit on 13-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If they want to.

If you think that Calhoun should go on the scrap heap....I am asking for an opinion.

I think the name Redskins is a pretty stupid name, but then again, I am a Giants fan so eff them.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No I made my point. "It's their right" is a stupid and hypocritical argument. Carry on.

link   

Oh darn! A university is exercising its rights to run a business and educate children. Western tradition is TOTALLY eroding from all these kids becoming smarter and more specialized with their education. The SHAME of those people at Yale for daring to do something so HEINOUS!

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and the SJWFRONT will make Google etc ban the racist masonic name etc from the Interwebs, and then religious conspiracy theorists wont be able to slander your name online anymore.

One can dream, eh?

I am sure someone will find another issue with it somewhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Oh darn! A university is exercising its rights to run a business and educate children. Western tradition is TOTALLY eroding from all these kids becoming smarter and more specialized with their education. The SHAME of those people at Yale for daring to do something so HEINOUS!

Straw man.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
3-1/2 years ago, Yale got a new president, Peter Salovey. He is a social psychologist. He caved. In 2016, Yale's position was just the opposite.

In April 2016, Yale said it reached a decision to keep the name Calhoun College, saying it would encourage the campus to confront the history of slavery.

Salovey is one of the early pioneers and leading researchers in emotional intelligence.

Rational thought is being thrown out the window in exchange for constantly pandering to the emotionally distressed.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

He was vice pres.

That isn't something memorable that he did.

And another racist Democrat from a gone by era.

This is irrelevant to the discussion except as a sort of passive aggressive attack against modern day Democrats with a false equivalence fallacy.

link   

NIce, thank you. That is a good answer.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Straw man.

Yea and so is that schlock you just wrote to me. "Eroding western civilization"? Lol. Could you be any more melodramatic?
edit on 13-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Does by gone era mean anything to ya?

And if being vice pres isn't memorable, why not?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join