It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Global Warming To Global Sunday Laws (2/13/17)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

sorry, double post.

edit on 15-2-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Raggedyman

what gets me that if they did legally declare sunday a fossil free sabbath, the same ones who are wanting it would more than likely then want an exemption so they could go to church!

This is about politics not religion
I think "those ones" would not want to sit in an airport waiting area for a day

Just a few silly christians trying to substitute religion from Christ, again.
We never learn.

Truth i most christians are more interested in tv evangelists, mega churches and self wealth agendas to care about what Christ taught

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

I am sorry, I am not Jewish
I live under Christs covenant
Thanks anyway

Christ both kept the Sabbath, and taught the proper method in keeping the Sabbath. Paul, and Apostle of Jesus, both kept the Sabbath, and taught the gentiles on the Sabbath.

Christians have to keep God's 7th Day Sabbath, not any day they please, or no day at all.

Jesus was a Jew, hmmm
Please also note Jesus broke the Sabbath according to tradition

John 5:18: “Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.”

But anyway, all I have is your say so and thats not good enough for me, care to back it up with scripture
As for Paul teaching on the Sabbath, did he not teach on other days as well...

I cant earn my salvation by keeping the sabbath, that would be stupid of me to think that

I am guessing you are a 7th day adventist or a UCG member, you are welcome to rely on your own actions to save yourself, as for me, no thanks, my trust is in Christ not religion

Jesus was a Jew, but He was also a Christian. And He kept the Sabbath. Most people don't believe they are working their way towards heaven by giving money to God, or giving something to the poor and their neighbors. But for some reason whenever people choose to keep the Sabbath, we are trying to get to heaven by works. That makes no sense.

And if what we're saying is not true, why is it that what has been being preached for over 150 years is coming true?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

jesus didn't honor the sabbath on sunday though, did he? the jews were pretty good at writing down the holy scriptures from age to age without errors... I imagine that they were just as maticulous when it came to keeping track of their sabbaths and holy days. what day do the jews consider to be the sabbath? how about the muslims?
for in six days God created the heavens and the earth and on the seventh, he rested...so we, in like manner should rest on the seventh day also.. do christian worship the same god as the jews and muslims, or is it a different god, who happened to have been involved in creation also, who rested on the first day of creation instead of the seventh?

doing a little research into why the christians now call sunday their sabbeth, I've run across several explanations. one was that some pope just decided to change it, as a statement to his power, basically he changed it just to prove that he could. another one, a little more believable was that before that pope changed it, many of the christians had already changed their day of worship to sunday... to separate themselves from the jews since the romans were persecuting the jews quite badly..
I don't see either of these two reason as really that virtuous. so I see that change as being an error that was made over a century ago.

in reality there are not that many christians honoring the sabbath! and you would think that if this was on christ's top ten list of to dos.... he would have let them know long before now that they have the wrong day....the day of sun worshipping pagans!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

jesus didn't honor the sabbath on sunday though, did he? the jews were pretty good at writing down the holy scriptures from age to age without errors... I imagine that they were just as maticulous when it came to keeping track of their sabbaths and holy days. what day do the jews consider to be the sabbath? how about the muslims?
for in six days God created the heavens and the earth and on the seventh, he rested...so we, in like manner should rest on the seventh day also.. do christian worship the same god as the jews and muslims, or is it a different god, who happened to have been involved in creation also, who rested on the first day of creation instead of the seventh?

doing a little research into why the christians now call sunday their sabbeth, I've run across several explanations. one was that some pope just decided to change it, as a statement to his power, basically he changed it just to prove that he could. another one, a little more believable was that before that pope changed it, many of the christians had already changed their day of worship to sunday... to separate themselves from the jews since the romans were persecuting the jews quite badly..
I don't see either of these two reason as really that virtuous. so I see that change as being an error that was made over a century ago.

in reality there are not that many christians honoring the sabbath! and you would think that if this was on christ's top ten list of to dos.... he would have let them know long before now that they have the wrong day....the day of sun worshipping pagans!!!

Many Christians did compromise over to Sunday. However, Sunday is not the true Biblical Sabbath. And the Pope claims power to change God's times and laws, and it is the Catholic Church that proclaims responsibility for the Sabbath Change. This is their mark of authority, because they know that Sunday Sabbath is nowhere found in the Bible, yet so many Christians choose the 1st day of the week, instead of the 7th Day of the week.

In an impassioned address Friday, Pope Francis denied the existence of Islamic terrorism, while simultaneously asserting that “the ecological crisis is real.”

www.breitbart.com...

Sunday Laws ARE coming.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I've watched a few videos on the subject, one even claimed that the seventh day adventist changed over to sunday. so I went to the local websites for those churches and they seem to have a nice statement still denouncing sunday as being the sabbath, which makes me wonder just how much else is really true in some of those videos.
they are one of the few churches in the area that actually still hold prayer meetings in their church though. I considered going back to church a few times through the years but not being able to find one that actually seemed to value prayer as worthy for it's own service was kind of a drawback to me. too bad all their churches seem to be over on the other side of the city and I just can't drive that far anymore.

the idea that they'd designate a day as a national sabbath, day or rest, or whatever, sounds rather nutty to me. using global climate change as a justification sounds even nuttier. I really think that changing the workweek to 10 four hour shifts would be more effective really. then you have the whole separaton of church and state to contend with and of the three abrahamic religions, christianity seems to be the only one that sees sunday as the sabbath and then there's some christians that deny that. it seems that the christians would be out voted really. but, we seem to have ventured into the twilight zone of late so nothing would surprise me really.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I've watched a few videos on the subject, one even claimed that the seventh day adventist changed over to sunday. so I went to the local websites for those churches and they seem to have a nice statement still denouncing sunday as being the sabbath, which makes me wonder just how much else is really true in some of those videos.
they are one of the few churches in the area that actually still hold prayer meetings in their church though. I considered going back to church a few times through the years but not being able to find one that actually seemed to value prayer as worthy for it's own service was kind of a drawback to me. too bad all their churches seem to be over on the other side of the city and I just can't drive that far anymore.

the idea that they'd designate a day as a national sabbath, day or rest, or whatever, sounds rather nutty to me. using global climate change as a justification sounds even nuttier. I really think that changing the workweek to 10 four hour shifts would be more effective really. then you have the whole separaton of church and state to contend with and of the three abrahamic religions, christianity seems to be the only one that sees sunday as the sabbath and then there's some christians that deny that. it seems that the christians would be out voted really. but, we seem to have ventured into the twilight zone of late so nothing would surprise me really.

Many Seventh Day Adventist Churches are openly worshiping on Sundays. All of them? No. Many? Yes.

It might sound nutty to you, but they're still going to do it. Nutty or not.

On Monday, leading biologists, ecologists, and economists are gathering at the Vatican for a series of discussions about humanity’s relationship to the natural world. Pope Francis has made environmental stewardship a key issue for the Catholic church, and this latest summit will attempt to identify social and economic changes that need to take place in order to prevent the planet’s ecology from falling too far into disrepair, and in doing so disrupting human progress.
fusion.net...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Climate change is an atomic bomb waiting to explode. We are on the threshold of ecological apocalypse. This ecological apocalypse is the result of an ecological sin against God's creation."
Only one per cent of the rich owns 50% of the wealth in the world: "From here derives environmental injustice and ecological injustice. Greenhouse gases that increase global warming are emitted by rich countries. The United States, with a population of about 6% of the world, produce 40% of greenhouse gases. Who is dying? The poor. Poor countries are the most vulnerable to global warming. Cyclones, earthquakes, floods create thousands of victims of natural disasters.
"This is ecological terrorism. The powerful of this world decide who should live or die. Economic and ecological terrorists are unleashed against the poor".
www.indcatholicnews.com...

Cyclones, earthquakes, floods are all blamed on Climate Change. And of course, the solution for all this, is the Pope's Challenge, his ecological conversion, in which one must keep Sunday as the Sabbath. The march for Sunday Laws continues!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"Donald Trump is simply giving the power to Christians that are needed, so that with the global climate movement, they can enforce Sunday laws. "

Donald Trump cannot enforce global Sunday laws.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
"Donald Trump is simply giving the power to Christians that are needed, so that with the global climate movement, they can enforce Sunday laws. "

Donald Trump cannot enforce global Sunday laws.

I am not saying that Donald Trump will enforce global Sunday laws. I am saying that he is giving Christians the power they need, so that they with the global climate movement (uniting together), they can enforce Sunday Laws. The Christians will enforce Sunday Laws beginning in America, and it will then spread around the world.

More News:

She also explored Pope Francis' notion of inner ecological conversion, linking our spirituality with the life of the Trinity pervading all of creation, a spirituality that takes time for Sabbath rest and for gratitude as well as action. She will be a speaker at the National Justice and Peace Network conference 21-23 July, which will focus on 'A Sabbath for the Earth and the Poor'.
www.indcatholicnews.com...

This movement is getting very blunt now.
edit on 5-3-2017 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Color, News Edit

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As long as we get a change, huh

Sabbath.....dudes....in Heaven and the millenium, we will have The Sabbath....it's not a side note evidently

Catholics are cool, just the owners of the gold ....is a problem. Scripture says they'll get crunched, then crushed, then held up in front of all.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
EU bishops’ commission calls for work-free Sundays]

The Commission of the Bishops’ Conferences of the European Community has joined with other groups in calling for Sunday to be recognized as a common day of rest...
www.catholicculture.org...

European Day for a Work-Free Sunday: Call for Action!

The European Sunday Alliance aims to promote and re-integrate the Sunday as the common weekly day of rest in the EU working-time directive. The network of the Sunday Alliance believes that, in particular in times of digitalisation, all citizens of the European Union are entitled to benefit from decent working hours and that only essential services should operate on a Sunday.
www.comece.eu...

Sunday is NOT the 7th Day Sabbath! The true Bible Sabbath is the 7th day Sabbath, from Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset.

Exodus 20:8-11  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.  9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:  10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:  11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Bible days are kept from evening to evening!

Leviticus 23:32  It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I'm a little lost here. Are you tying Climate Change belief to the Christian bogeyman NWO?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm a little lost here. Are you tying Climate Change belief to the Christian bogeyman NWO?

Climate Change is a movement that is being used for the enforcement of religious laws. Religious Sunday Laws will soon be enforced in America first, and then the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
it was also kind of accepted that one wouldn't operate machinery on the sabbath, so I wonder if all those christians are willing to leave their cars parked in their driveways on sunday and walk to mass? or are they gonna force all those peons that work in the gas stations and convenience stores to be working on their sabbath? are they willing to go without their after service lunch at their favorite restaurant so that the waitresses and cooks can have the day off?

if they were truly worried about global climate change, a better alternative would be to switch to a four day, 10hr work week, would save a lot in gas consumption by saving people an extra trip to work every week. it would be more effective and wouldn't trample on anyone's religious rights, which it seems a world wide sabbath law would be trampling on quite a few people's religious rights!
sunday is not the sabbath and I will not observe it as such!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join