It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advisers' space plan: To moon, Mars and beyond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
a reply to: seasonal

Remind me again why we need to go back to the moon? Something we miss? I'd prefer resources be allocated to a more productive endeavor.

Real Estate opportunities and space-vacation at Trump Lunar Hotel ?
I kid I kid

Seems there is a wealth of resources on the moon... and I recall reading about a moon orbiting space station Boeing is considering. Space travel is coming and there will be industries involved.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yeah, you did. I guess what I'm saying is it's not really as simple as getting a check in the mail.

He still had to imagine and build products, then convince people to purchase them, at which point the government helps cover some of the cost.

I feel like he's doing pretty complex maneuvering from both a business and a legal/political standpoint, not just getting free handouts.

Also, his competitors benefit from subsidies as well, although sometimes more indirect.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13
If you are good with it I am good with you being good with it.
Some lite reading:

Does Elon Musk deserve $4.9 billion in government subsidies? Yes, says Elon Musk
mashable.com...

Elon Musk's SolarCity Sues Government For More Subsidies
www.zerohedge.com...

Tesla Is Worse Than Solyndra
www.slate.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

About time, the US has been allowing China and even India to catch up and risk's losing a new space race, ok it is for all of humanity is a nice saying but the truth is and always will be and this is something that China knows full well and is pursuing for just this very purpose and that is "He whom holds the high ground holds a distinct tactical advantage".

Now of course we all know that the US black budget funded compartmentalized secret operations have long had the necessary capability and may be behind such nefarious crime's as the destruction of the face on mars with a repurposed mission and a switched out probe swapped for a medium to high yield air burst nuclear device which caused a landslide and serious structural fracturing of the monument as well as the likely ability to go to the moon and back and they probably have after the Apollo missions actually ended but even so the little technology we will ever see that was developed in those projects that eventually leaks to the public sector is very little indeed especially in the fields or exotic research.

So a genuine PUBLIC wing of NASA space mission and the associated technology will offer a new technological revolution to the US and also the western (At least those aligned with the mission) economy as well as regaining the higher ground with is rapidly slipping away from the US through decades of inaction in this area.

It will also make science popular again in school's and university's as well as boosting scientific jobs.

BUT only if this is a concerted effort as the Apollo missions once were.

So MARS is a necessary step, putting a man on MARS as well as establishing a (Official and public) MOON BASE is essential.

This is truly about time, though not a US citizen I regard the US security and economy as essential to the health and wealth of the entire western world and "£$ the EU and it's little greedy bankers.

(and a large scale public space program can also be an avenue for bringing some of those other technology's into the public domain as they would definitely boost the US economic potential if Trump can ever bypass or convince the secret head's of that OTHER government which does not answer to him to allow it).

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Haha, I'm good with it. Actually I already looked at that first link before you posted it.

I'm not saying his products are good. I'm saying he's good at business, especially when it comes to crafting a compelling vision around his products.

My original point was that I suspect he had something to do with this moon landing concept because he's very good at getting popular support (making him an appealing asset for the Trump administration) and maneuvering in the political arena. And the motivation for it seems pretty obvious as the only near term benefit of repeating the moon trip is that it makes his goal if reaching Mara that much more attainable.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I was going to make a thread on Thursday about the possibility of Trump announcing a new space race, kind of wish I did now.

China are making moves, other nations may be capable in the next 10 years too. Space is the final frontier and if we want to tame and claim space we best be in it to win it. It's as simple as that.

The thing is the last two Presidents before Trump said similar things and the date 2020 springs to mind.

But, we can do it. Unlike the Moon missions of past, we now could in theory do more than land upon it's shores then head back home, we could explore our nearest planetary body.

I'm all for it, it makes sense to me.

I hope a man or woman is on the Moon in 2020

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It will be fun in 3 or 4 years when the moon hoax loonies finally get to see all the stuff we left up there.
Wonder how they will try and twist that!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

I can agree with that.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I always enjoy reading your posts Labtech, just thought I'd post this BBC report I picked up the other day.

BBC, ministers consider British space ports

It's a few days old but when I read it it filled me with joy, I'm optimistic.

I'm sure many are rubbing their grubby mitts at the potential, I honestly don't care about that... I'd love any nation to seriously approach space exploration, though admittedly I'd have a spring in my step if a vessel heading for the Moon was launched from British shores.

Awesome stuff and as you said, such endeavors could bring hope and aspirations to the youth of the world.
edit on 12-2-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I can see a Nat Geo documentary on all the landing sites, it is going to be great to see the US get back to work.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Until there is a solid plan, and ground broke, on a space elevator, then any real space colonization/exploration plan for the common person is just a dream.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Not necessarily.

India launches satellites, small ones since it has issues with huge payloads but it launches them cheap and effectively.

Horizontally launching vessels isn't new either, one can fathom new aeroplanes that launch smaller vessels cheaply and effectively. Negating so much fuel and vessels that need more structural strength.

The commoner is only getting into space for work-related activities for the foreseeable future anyways.

A space elevator is but a dream anyways for now, it's not feasible. For now.

We need to start (again) somewhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Remind me again why we need to go back to the moon? Something we miss? I'd prefer resources be allocated to a more productive endeavor.

It would be a warm-up for going to Mars, and also, we might set up a lunar base. Also, it is good to see the government being interested in economizing space - there are a lot of resources out there, think of how rich someone could get from that.
edit on 13amMon, 13 Feb 2017 01:03:05 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You apparently dont know anything about the Moon. It has nearly limitless energy resources. And that just barely touches on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's never a bad thing to take steps toward developing realistic space travel capabilities.
We should never stop taking steps, even if they're very small.
This plan though, is hatched from the minds of the uninformed (regarding interplanetary travel and every facet that it involves) and may be too much to ask for right now.

What the species needs, is a coherant plan to colonise the surrounding cosmos and which steps to take along the way so we ensure we always inching toward the end goal.

That way, we won't have politicians and election winners putting their two cents in with these plans that may have no benefit toward what we're trying to achieve at this time.

Hey President Trump, and all other heads of state, leave the spaceships to the scientists. While you're at it, leave city planning to the engineers. Leave agriculture to the farmers. Leave oil in the ground and leave some money in the paycheck at the end of the week.

Take the economy from the bankers. Take the law from the corporations. Take the power from those who have it and stop following this sad plan of theirs.

Went off course a bit there, but no matter who's "in charge" we should alwayd take steps toward getting some of the species out there.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Yep, too true.

The elevator should be one of the main things to focus on right now. Once that's up, everything else becomes that much easier.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
the whole space race moony thingy from the past is a hoax. By now mr Trump must know this. However If big T really wants to go to that satellite we have a problem. Because It's simply not allowed. I get it going to moon/mars brings jobs. But this makes me question has the president really top level clearance ? If he (Trump) has clearance he goes directly against the alphaspieces that is patrolling this planet. Good job mr Trump ! but also very dangerous..
edit on 2132017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Great news, of course we have to go back to the moon, this time as a United Earth Venture, not a pig headed USA USA rah rah thing.
Ive always said, combine the technology and resources and money of, say, NASA, Eurospace, JAXA, the British, The Indians and Especially Russia, and you would have a dynamite craft and solutions to most of the difficulties.

In the 60s, they flew a tin can with the computer power of a Mobile "Cell" phone, at a snails pace to the moon and back....dangerously, but they did it......even strapping the craft to a huge skyscraper sized rocket bomb.

Surely nowadays, we have shown that the smaller Russian and Spacex type rockets work, surely we could launch a "Spacecraft" off a 747 or something flying at 40,000ft using a booster rocket for low orbit access?, Surely we have the tech to "Fly" a modern sophisticated, areodynamic (for Earth reentry) spacecraft at, lets say, 50,000 mph to basically get to the moon in 5 hours or so.......or are we still that dumb we need that ol tin can. Surely we have the tech nology to reduce our orbit speed to say, 2000 mph, so we can reentre the atmosphere at sensible speed so as to reduce friction and hull heat? The Aliens can do it, are we so dumb?

Surely the tech they have developed over the past 40 years or more, can be used for space travel, at least to access the moon....a stones throw away.
Someones doing it, because Someone is flying silent, stealthy Black Triangles, and they ain't Aliens!!...Illegal Aliens maybe....

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The country that creates a lunar base for space exploration will control the future. Think of this as a lunar airport people will come in dock refuel get repairs move on to there next destination. It also allows for space craft to be built in space meaning they can be larger id say eventually there will just be shuttles streaming back and forth between the Earth and the moon.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
if the 8 richest man in the the world finances the spacemissions the universe is in reach...
unfortunal they are only obsessed by getting moore money AND ARE NOT INTERRESTED in bringing humanaty a step further in the future....
wat an waste....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join