It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advisers' space plan: To moon, Mars and beyond

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He's also fantastic at business, specifically vision casting. I feel like he probably made a pitch at some point, because the only immediate benefit of returning to the moon is that it makes Mars much more realistic.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Metallicus

Agree, the moon makes sense. It is "close" and makes for an excellent military/jump off to bigger and better things.

Are the Mexicans going to pay for the moon base too?

Where's the money going to come from with the nation already 20 TRILLION in debt?

/
edit on 12-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Excellent plan for a number of good reasons. It would kick start a lot of jobs and new tech innovations. Market will like it too.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Lots of political trolling in a space thread. None of these people care about the actual subject matter, just bash trump for no reason.

Personally I think it's a great idea. NASA should go to space again.

Can't have the Chinese getting to Mars first, can we?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

This is not a dig at Musk.I think that if you gave a million $$$ a day to a smart minded person who had some idea of what is in the current tech areana, they could extrapolate that, and would be very successful too.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i hope this really gives us a push and gets NASA back on track. theyve had such a vague mission plan for the agency as a whole for decades now and maybe this will motivate them. lets go to the moon and jump off from there to mars.
edit on 12-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No the Mexicans can't build that.

And very good question about the $$$$.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

Remind me again why we need to go back to the moon? Something we miss? I'd prefer resources be allocated to a more productive endeavor.

The planet is pretty much doomed. It's only a matter of time. If mankind never masters space travel we die with the planet.

Space travel and colonisation represents the very apex of our civilisation.

The truly remarkable thing is we went from pulling carts with horses to landing on the moon in 60 years.

But if you want us to be stuck on the death trap rock....

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's hard to see success when you were told that this guy was a buffoon. I think Trump will start to shake the old guard and things will start to happen.

He is going to be the boss every one under him loves to hate, because he demands results.
edit on 12-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fungo

Because it is really really hard.

What would prevent China or Russia from doing the same??

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I disagree. First because he'd already proven himself before receiving subsidies. Second because he managed to put himself in a position to get subsidies.

Breaking into the space, automotive, and energy sectors aren't easy feats. So regardless of whether those subsidies are fueling his business now, the fact is he still had to be savvy enough to get into a position to receive them.

Musk is a smart due. I'm not a fanboy, not do I agree with everything he says or does, but pretending like he isn't good at business is pretty silly.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

I did preface this with it not being a dig at him.

I just find it funny that in his mail box there is a one million $ check every day.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

How is the planet doomed? Earth is an actual living environment that's currently sustaining millions of different species & strains of life. There's no point colonizing another planet if we're too stupid to take care of the perfectly habitable planet we already have. Otherwise, we'll just have the same people who are destroying this planet wreaking havoc on another planet (one which can't even sustain life yet, at that).

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Kali74
Good luck without Science...

Science is overrated. Like mathematics and literature.

It would be nice however to get a serious space program rolling again.

I hope you're trolling with that line because there literally is no space travel or space colonization without mathematics.

I'll keep my eyes on this because I actually love the idea of space colonization. But I have my doubts about Trump's team's motives and their ability to deliver on this.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You and me both. Someone is going to make wheel barrels full of money. It will be interesting to see who.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Bring it on! It's time for manned missions to the moon again!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Remind me again why we need to go back to the moon? Something we miss? I'd prefer resources be allocated to a more productive endeavor.

A few current mainstream planetary scientists feel that colonizing the moon is the first step towards a commercial future venture outward in the solar system. The moon has a lot of minerals including much oxygen (not atmosphere but in the soil), so beginning on the moon would gain a foothold for future colonization outward. Unless someone is already there and puts a stop to it..

Also: Every former astronaut that walked on the moon has publicly stated that the moon missions created thousands of jobs and were the main catalyst for lots of new technologies being developed which also contribute to technological progress. Going back to the moon could be a real plus for future generations. The only problem is that so many recent years of selfishness has spawned an attitude where people have no care at all for future generations or even their own children. They just want to take for themselves.
edit on 12-2-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'm with you on this one. I really do not think it is worth all the expense to go there. I know the consumer will pay for all of this.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You and me both. Someone is going to make wheel barrels full of money. It will be interesting to see who.

I don't know who will be making the big money but it will be the American taxpayers that pay for it initially.....
edit on 12-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You got that right.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The next step in Human evolution is to conquer space and travel to other Worlds. Great stuff, the future looks exciting!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join