It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation a Real Phenomena?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The name is a red herring.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

are drop bears at least red ?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

After a hearty meal of Swedish backpacker, there's usually a bit of red on its fur...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Aliensun

I know it's really boring to think about the world as a mundane place but why can't you imagine a world where there is no magic and there are no super humans? I mean, it's not like you have ever seen actual magic or an actual super being.

I beg your pardon, you don't know what you are talking about of my experiences.
of course i know. You Are the 1 billionth poster here who claims he has abilities but refuses to prove it. Well then you are going to have to reveal the true power of your levitation abilities or else. STFU.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Levitation a Real Phenomena?

Nope, not in the sense that you mean.
The good fiction is 'reality plus one', and that's what 'physical' levitation appears to be.
'Levitation' as metaphor can be quite fruitful.
If you are going to wait to physically beat gravity, single handedly, with no 'devices', you will be waiting a long time.

The term, to me, is about transcending the 'material/physical', transcending the 'conditional', floating 'above', equidistant from all Perspectives!
Metaphor
Like walking on water...
Like rising from the dead...
Like born again... *__-

I would surmise that you love the paradigms of conventional physics and shy away from any of the almost daily emergence of the "impossible" tricks of quantum physics?

Then you would be entirely incorrect.
Would I be unkind in asking you to haul out your knowledge of quantum mechanics and educate me in how it supports your contention of actual physical levitation, as discussed by the 'devotees' (no tricks)?
Classical physics is relatively obsolete, made so by quantum!

You cannot 'win an argument' by calling me names, which is what this attempts to do.
Because I do not 'believe' in your imaginary physical levitation doesn't mean that I am close minded.
When one's mind is open, and there is no critical examination of potential residents, folks will fill it with all sorts of crap!
And then you catch a 'belief', and have to call people names because they ask for logic/evidence/science.
That is a typical symptom of a 'belief infection', bye the way.
There is nothing 'impossible' about quantum...

edit on 16-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join