It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation a Real Phenomena?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have a long interest and some experiences in the paranormal. The practice of levitation has long interested me. Having learned meditation via the practice of Transcendental Meditation (TM), I’ve seen some of their little “jumping” videos and they have interested me greatly. But my search for any serious display of levitation never has been rewarded by You Tube searches or even via TM materials of greater depth.
I’m aware of the slight-of-hand people, both “magicians” and fakirs that profess to have the ability but actually they don’t and simply use elaborate tricks or simple iron stands upon which to rest. So let’s skip any discussion of them.
As for the jumping levitators, I’ve seen some impressive jumpers from yoga practitioners. Yoga training can provide excellent muscle control and strength if diligently practiced. Yet I don’t find any of them very convincing because of the muscle exertion that they exhibit getting off the pad. But the larger question is simple: if levitation is a mind thing, why this obvious interplay with the muscles?
So the question still remains, is levitation a genuine phenomenon and the old myths true or is it all myths, fakes and pretend lies? So in this day and age the question comes down to: Has an extended levitation session ever been captured on a credible video that firmly proves the ability?

I know, I'm asking for a slew of bad videos and snide posts. So be it.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

As a Psychic, I would say those are one of the rare abilities.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've seen my wife levitate when my aim was bad.
It's real

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

attempting to be as polite as possible - the burden is on the levitation claimants to demonstrate thier abilities

as for what would consitute credible evidence of " levitation " - the most obvious would be time

anyone can jump

hovering however - that would be an indication of a paranormal power

failing that - have the claimant sit on a square of ridgid polystyrene or balsa wood sheet - and " jump " WITH the sheet

ie - lift the sheet up with them - i cannot see how that could be achieved by fakery

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I know it's really boring to think about the world as a mundane place but why can't you imagine a world where there is no magic and there are no super humans? I mean, it's not like you have ever seen actual magic or an actual super being.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Human levitation, possible proof.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might find more information about the questions you're seeking.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
So the question still remains, is levitation a genuine phenomenon and the old myths true or is it all myths

Numerology + Sacred Geometry + Resonance Frequency = Levitation + Divination.

Numerology : 75 million people see the number codes everyday

Geometry : code 33-6 in the form of As Above So Below triangles creating a hexagon. 44-8 from Square + Square Octagon.

Frequency : UK Daily Telegraph showed how sound can be used to make steel ball bearings levitate.

The reason why the truth is never told is because Yahweh (Baal) has a hissy demon fit due to the by-product of Divination.

So Judge everyone holding this truth from us peasants to hell where they all belong for eternity. The Nazi's had this technology during WW2 given to them for free by the fallen watchers named Azazel (Oz) and Shymhz (Shemyhaza).

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a Shaman with +6 shamwow abilities, I concur.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Nope, not in the sense that you mean.
The good fiction is 'reality plus one', and that's what 'physical' levitation appears to be.
'Levitation' as metaphor can be quite fruitful.
If you are going to wait to physically beat gravity, single handedly, with no 'devices', you will be waiting a long time.

The term, to me, is about transcending the 'material/physical', transcending the 'conditional', floating 'above', equidistant from all Perspectives!
Metaphor
Like walking on water...
Like rising from the dead...
Like born again... *__-

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Levitation has always fascinated me. I have had many dreams where I could levitate. I have watched many videos about levitation, but I remain unconvinced that it is a real phenomenon. I do keep an open mind though and would love for it to be possible. Only time will tell...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting

A Buddhist monk claims to have the power to levitate and gives a demonstration to an american magician. I can't tell if it is real or fake but it looks pretty wild.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It's fake.

It's all fake.

edit on 13/2/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I know it's really boring to think about the world as a mundane place but why can't you imagine a world where there is no magic and there are no super humans? I mean, it's not like you have ever seen actual magic or an actual super being.

I beg your pardon, you don't know what you are talking about of my experiences.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a Shaman with +6 shamwow abilities, I concur.

Well, that was, more or less, my point in this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Nope, not in the sense that you mean.
The good fiction is 'reality plus one', and that's what 'physical' levitation appears to be.
'Levitation' as metaphor can be quite fruitful.
If you are going to wait to physically beat gravity, single handedly, with no 'devices', you will be waiting a long time.

The term, to me, is about transcending the 'material/physical', transcending the 'conditional', floating 'above', equidistant from all Perspectives!
Metaphor
Like walking on water...
Like rising from the dead...
Like born again... *__-

I would surmise that you love the paradigms of conventional physics and shy away from any of the almost daily emergence of the "impossible" tricks of quantum physics?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I thought this was interesting

A Buddhist monk claims to have the power to levitate and gives a demonstration to an american magician. I can't tell if it is real or fake but it looks pretty wild.

If you watched the 42-minute version of White's show about that trip, he mentions at the end that he was unsure himself whether the monk actually performed that feat. White mentions the fact that he was told to stand back away from the monk.

As our robed monk friend sat down, a small pad could have been slipped under him from behind the curtain. A simple fulcrum lever could have been depressed from back there and that would have quietly and simply raised the monk the foot or so off of the floor. The fact of the hundred or so lighted candles is indication to me that the visit was well planned. Then there is the question of was the guy a genuine Buddhist monk or not?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Brotherman

It's fake.

It's all fake.

And yet you live in a country where the native Australians have powers that have never been fully understood.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You mean the drop bears?

It's probably best we don't know the full, disturbing power of the drop bear.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't believe levitation is legit.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

dont "drop bears" work by gravity -i thought the name should be a clue

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join