It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Fearing collapse of emergency spillway at Oroville Dam, Oroville evacuated

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
so i just saw on the front page of a newspaper that the state is blocking an investigation into the crisis. i knew from the get go that the whole deal was from their incompetence and irresponsible behavior but how bad must it be? the corruption in california is crazy. we have this and the new gas tax pushed on us even though we voted no in november for a gas tax, and im sure they will appropriate the money like they always do and spend it on whatever pet project they have.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Days after the evacuation orders were lifted in February, The Sacramento Bee filed requests to the state under the California Public Records Act. In one request, the newspaper sought design specifications, federal inspection reports, technical documents, the results of rock sampling and other information. Outside engineers told The Bee such records would likely provide an accounting of what caused a gaping chasm to form in the dam’s main concrete spillway on Feb. 7 and the near collapse of the dam’s emergency spillway a few days later.

The Bee also sought internal communications and emails from Brown’s office. Those records could show how Brown and his top staff members were coordinating the ongoing crisis with each other, with outside agencies and with members of the public.

The administration denied the request for technical information about the dam and provided a limited response to the request for internal communications.

The Sacramento Bee - Jerry Brown’s administration blocks public review of Oroville Dam records.

Gov. Brown is using "federal security regulations" stating the requested documents are "state secrets"??!! Is he afraid The Bee might be state sanctioned terrorists??! The second part is easier to believe: denial.

So much for investigative journalism. Just label everything a "secret" and the buck stops there.

The article says a lot of citizens, local government and state representatives are PO'd about that decision. Rightfully so. Might lead to impeachment because of endangering the public.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just wanted to give an update on the dam.

Seems they have found another area that they are concerned about.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

that doesnt look good.
the main dam was never going to collapse just the concrete spillway and the huge worry was the wall and grass spillway eroding collapsing..

if that green spot is indeed from a leak on the main dam then.... damn..

it does look that way. im not really sure where else that water could be coming from.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

they tried to cover up where they were warned about ecactly what happened way beforehand as well. I linked that report earlier on. it was blocked from being implemented directly leading to this problem.. and you can go back and see names responsible..

its no wonder they want to block it..

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Oh, wow!

Thank you Kat for finding this and bringing it to our attention.

Why is this coming from a UK paper and not a US one? Oh, yeah, right...they're too busy spinning politics for one side or the other to cover real news...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Conflicting attitudes about this.

In response to the lengthy report from Berkeley, Erin Mellon with the Natural Resources Agency maintained that the green spot is being caused by rain. 'These green spots were first noticed just after construction of the dam when there wasn't even water in the reservoir,' Mellon told the Mercury News

This sounds pretty bad.

But Bea disagrees with DWR officials about the green spot and said those claims are problematic, as the green area has been present during the drought and not just wet periods

Inspection records show that the DWR drilled the spot in 2016, and Bea questions why the state organization would excavate if it knew 100 percent that the spot was being caused from rainfall.

We only have a couple more months of dry weather before the chances of wet weather arrives. I hope they get this figured out soon.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Observationalist because: Spacing

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Jeez yes. This looks bad to me.

So what do they do? lower the water level and do repairs?

And can they come up with the money?

Jaded, I didn't look too hard, but when I did look for another source I didn't see anything.

But now there are several. www.sfgate.com...

If you guy's think it deserves it's own thread, have at it.

I'm not a thread starter. lol
edit on 30-7-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well I was just given this link.

www.youtube.com...

I guess the green spot is just a fear mongering by some reporters.

I would never purposely put fake new up as real news.

Sorry Guys.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything about the Oroville Dam in some time.

This youtube video was sent to me today. Thought I would share.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee
And just by coincidence

UK

uknewswhaleybridge dam collapse town evacuated as danger to life warning issued

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join