It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here wants a trade war against Canada, Mexico, China, Russia, and Britain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: makemap
Trump is pissing off Mexico which can also drag the rest of South America against US.

It's been all talk up to now. Wait'll he starts herding 30 million illegals across the Rio Grande.

Anyone wanna take bets on what that's gonna do to our Southern Neighbor's economy? I'm on the side that says Mexico totally implodes. The Peso's gonna wind up being worth something between a nickel and a dime. -chuckle

A peso is worth$ 0.049, so it's already below your threshold.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Trump is pissing off Mexico which can also drag the rest of South America against US.

It's been all talk up to now. Wait'll he starts herding 30 million illegals across the Rio Grande.

Anyone wanna take bets on what that's gonna do to our Southern Neighbor's economy? I'm on the side that says Mexico totally implodes. The Peso's gonna wind up being worth something between a nickel and a dime. -chuckle

What American coin denomination falls between a nickel and a dime? Right ... nothing! Buwhahahahaha.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Are you aware just how many American companies produce a huge portion of our US goods in both Canada and Mexico?...The other countries? Yeah, ok.
edit on 12-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: re-phrase post reply

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If California can leave the USA and survive independently, the USA can leave the WORLD and survive independently, don't cha think?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

What American coin denomination falls between a nickel and a dime? Right ... nothing! Buwhahahahaha.

So in what world would a collapsing economy make something worth $.04 go UP to between $.05 and $.10

The amount of stupidity in that post astounds me.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Trade war is better than real war we bave had to put up with the last 16 years

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Snarl-chuckle

Are you laughing at the thought of a neighbor in pain?

I bet you identify as christian...heh

If my neighbors came into my back yard uninvited ... there would be pain and there wouldn't be any laughing about it.

Why are you trying to smear Christians?

You weren't responding to the illegals, you were chuckling at Mexico becoming a (even greater) hellhole and crippling economic times.

I smear all religions alike, dont feel too special. religion is just a divine right to be an ass and/or bully without the need for introspection.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if all nations just decided not to trade with other nations.

Every nation then makes and sells products within its own borders, using it's own labor force, and no one imports or exports anything.

Also, all movement of people between nations is halted. Everyone stays in their own nation, nobody allowed to travel abroad.

That would be quite a different world.

This is, incidentally, exactly what happened the last time the world got so friendly that everyone was moving freely between nations, and buying and selling things cross border. It made the world so unified, that people even all started to speak the same one language.

Then, the Angels came down and,

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. -- KJV, Genesis 11:6

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. -- KJV, Genesis 11:7

So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. -- KJV, Genesis 11:8

Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth. -- KJV, Genesis 11:9

Seems like we're approaching that time once again.

Seeing the approaching threat of one world government, the angels come and break things up again, separate the peoples into nations that can't communicate with each other anymore. Scatter the people back abroad (deport the Mexicans etc.) and prevent the union from completing.

Maybe Trump is an Angel of the Lord, sent to start this process of "re-separating" the peoples, and stopping all trade and movement of these people into and out of each other's countries.

Lest the earth get too powerful, under a united population.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Too much Trump obsession.

There will not be a trade war. It is plausible the US will be more trade savvy and change the mechanics of US trade that does currently seem to disadvantage the US, if some punters are to be believed. Yet the US does have a very high corporation tax rate, so perhaps that's also part of the problem.

On Brexit, it is too early to call, but the EU and the UK will probably work things out to mutual benefit, but who knows as with the French involved anything is possible.

On China. Well, perhaps changing politics and policies in the US will impact China's trade, but who knows.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl-chuckle

Are you laughing at the thought of a neighbor in pain?

I bet you identify as christian...heh

If my neighbors came into my back yard uninvited ... there would be pain and there wouldn't be any laughing about it.

Why are you trying to smear Christians?

You weren't responding to the illegals, you were chuckling at Mexico becoming a (even greater) hellhole and crippling economic times.

I smear all religions alike, dont feel too special. religion is just a divine right to be an ass and/or bully without the need for introspection.

In fact ... I was projecting a couple of orders of effect down the road ... opining what would happen if the economic burden of supporting illegal aliens was shifted back to Mexico ... and deducting the gains Mexico makes on the income transfer their citizens benefit her with.

I have no religion, because I do not need it. I don't think anyone does, but that's for a different thread, and you're unready for what could be taught (you can see it in your Karma score if you don't believe me).

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

When the dollar collapses,our money will be worthless,so won't be able to afford import items,they will tax them to collect revenue,about time we become acclimated,I'm thinking NWO will take their money out of US,hope for civil war,come in buy whats left for 10 cents on the dollar

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

and you're unready for what could be taught (you can see it in your Karma score if you don't believe me).

My..what?
I dont see how making threads calling Obama a kenyan for stars has anything to do with anything. lol. popularity contest = worth of discussion..man, I bet you find the Kardashians to be sages with your philosophy.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Can somebody please read the darn news! the POTUS is not talking trade war, he's talking FAIR TRADE!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

When the dollar collapses,our money will be worthless

The dollar will never collapse.

Money, as you know it, will be eliminated long before any collapse.

Already, most currencies are mostly digital entries in some computer.

We've been gradually eliminating all physical representations of money.

In the 1970s we eliminated the hard link between paper money and physical gold.

Soon, we'll have completely eliminated the link between money and any form of physical device, such as coins or notes.

In Canada, the cent was eliminated, and all transactions are now "rounded" to the nearest nickel (5 cent minimum).

Many places no longer accept cash or paper cheque, requiring electronic digital transactions to complete the purchase.

I walked past a car park ticketing pole recently that had a sign on it that said "Tap your iphone here" to pay.

With robots creating all goods, and nations introducing "Universal Basic Income", etc...the world will have changed so much that the new paradigm will have no relation to the old model of currency and foreign exchange.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Paper money will collapse. But not the digital dollar. It isn't going to be like 1930's again. The homeless will be hit the hardest unless given gift cards. Right now, Homeless have no right to make their own farms unlike the past. The Gov banned that. Nor are they allowed to unite in groups and feed each other. Those who don't using paper such as kids will have an issue especially the on going issue of Orphans.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The Canada–US two-way merchandise trade is the largest bilateral trading relationship in the world, totalling $750.7 billion in 2014. Some 75.7 per cent of Canada's 2014 merchandise exports went to the US, equivalent to about 20 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Cross-border trade in services totalled another $119.3 billion. Canada remains the largest export market for the US, accounting for about 19 per cent of US merchandise exports (about 67 per cent of Canadian imports) in 2014.

Canada is the flee on the elephant. They will do nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Too much Trump obsession.

There's no such thing as too much.

He's the most powerful man in the world.

With the stroke of a pen, he can sign an EO and ruin the lives of countless folks.

It pays to be obsessed with what he is doing.

edit on 13-2-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If California can leave the USA and survive independently, the USA can leave the WORLD and survive independently, don't cha think?

No. The best system we have for preventing war these days is globalization. If you make every economy intertwined and dependent on each other, economics force everyone to mostly get along. If someone leaves the group, you effectively ally the rest of the world against you. If we tried to isolate ourselves from foreign trade, we would collapse as everyone would slowly fall into line opposing us. Eventually that would cause bullets to fly and bombs to drop at which point things would get real bad, real fast.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH
The homeless will be hit the hardest unless given gift cards. Right now, Homeless have no right to make their own farms unlike the past. The Gov banned that. Nor are they allowed to unite in groups and feed each other.

In Italy, the homeless now have to right to go into any grocery store and steal food, without being charged or arrested.

As long as the amount of food they steal is just enough to feed their own personal hunger, they have the right to just take it.

The right to fill the natural hunger now trumps the law of the land.

In order to prevent this, the governments are going to introduce Universal Basic Income all around the world.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

uhmm...the Mexican peso has fluctuated around 12 to 25 to the U.S. dollar since 2013....5 second google search

30 million he's going to "herd across the border".....that approx. 7 million a year, 134,000 a week, 19,000 a day, for 4 years....he's already short about 1/2 a million so far since elected.....but you know, those are facts, so they don't count in trumpland

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join