It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken repeats senators' concern that Trump is 'not right mentally'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Im concerned about is rampant narcissism. I know how the incredibly wealthy think, especially the ones who fancy themselves as business people. They are accusomted to people coming hat in hand begging for money. Its how the "Sharks" act, too. "You want my money? Jump through these hoops". Some of it is fiduciary sanity. Some of it is power play.

Trump shows this to a rather high degree, and I don't think itll translate as well into diplomacy. On the domestic front, however, I expect him to be a dynamo. All it takes is some jobs to get people rallying behind him. We saw in Germany that this can happen, and not be a good thing. So don't get me wrong...im not praising Trump. Im just trying to be realistic, and then hope he doesn't compeltely lose it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Considering Al Franken isn't a mental health expert, but he does have double doctorate in Political HACK.

Any chance Trump critics get to disparage Trump they just can't help themselves.

Because no one ever disparaged Obama, or Bush, or Clinton.

Poor Donald is clearly being bullied.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

Why doesn't Franken question Pelosi and Waters mental incompetence ?

Pelosi thinks Bush is prez.

Waters think Putin invaded korea.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry.... Did I say that no one else should have their heads examined?

I must have missed where I insinuated that.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Trumps staff is in total disarray and the word Dementia has been spoken in regards to his behavior.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe because for all of their perceived faults, they had their feet on the ground and had an idea of what the US constitution stands for, and what being Pres. of the USA is about.

But once again, this is going off topic ...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Don't leave Hank Johnson out !!

Mr. "Guam" and he hates Jewish settlers too !!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Maybe because for all of their perceived faults, they had their feet on the ground and had an idea of what the US constitution stands for, and what being Pres. of the USA is about.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That would make a great SNL skit...Mental derangement at its best...Pelosi, Watters, Johnson!! lol just thinking about it. Pepper the skit with a little Pocohantas, and that would be hilarious! I might even watch that one!

ETA: Show Al Franken running for prez in 2020 with Jill Stein as VP.....the FrankenStein ticket! (I stole that one.)

edit on 13-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2017 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel

I'm thinking you completely misread my comment.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: xuenchen

That would make a great SNL skit...Mental derangement at its best...Pelosi, Waters, Johnson!! lol just thinking about it. Pepper the skit with a little Pocohantas, and that would be hilarious! I might even watch that one!

ETA: Show Al Franken running for prez in 2020 with Jill Stein as VP.....the FrankenStein ticket! (I stole that one.)

Can we call it the incorrigible s ?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Al is by far the crazier of the two.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Thank you for that focus silly.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
nm

edit on 13-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm hoping he won't say anything offensive to Justin Trudeau today that might alienate us from another ally.
You can't "make America Great Again", by harming the economies of our neighbors.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: angeldoll

Im concerned about is rampant narcissism. I know how the incredibly wealthy think, especially the ones who fancy themselves as business people. They are accusomted to people coming hat in hand begging for money. Its how the "Sharks" act, too. "You want my money? Jump through these hoops". Some of it is fiduciary sanity. Some of it is power play.

I agree. Plus he uses the 'stall till they cave' tactic... which doesn't work in government.

Trump shows this to a rather high degree, and I don't think itll translate as well into diplomacy. On the domestic front, however, I expect him to be a dynamo.

I don't. He makes wild promises (like bringing coal back... but to do that, he'd have to kill off the gas and oil industry as many have said) that are basically the things that the people he's talking to want to hear. He has no plans.

All it takes is some jobs to get people rallying behind him. We saw in Germany that this can happen, and not be a good thing. So don't get me wrong...im not praising Trump. Im just trying to be realistic, and then hope he doesn't compeltely lose it.

I think he can't do it. The proposed tax cuts are favoring business and the wealthy and it's been proved time and again that when you cut business taxes, the big guys get really powerful while the mom-and-pops fail and only the groups with strong unions get anything out of it.

Plus, his personal attitude (hire someone, tell them their work is inferior and don't pay them or underpay them and dare them to sue) will trickle down to others. That will destroy the middle class almost entirely.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Oh well. If we have a lot of people lose their jobs, I hear Mexico is hiring tunnel diggers.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You're dead right, i did.
The reply was for neo96
Sorry !i

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.

Please stay on topic!!!!!

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Sullivan makes the case too

Wait, what ? there's more ?

Unsurprisingly, Trump’s volatile behavior has created an environment ripe for leaks from his executive agencies and even within his White House.

And while leaks typically involve staffers sabotaging each other to improve their own standing or trying to scuttle policy ideas they find genuinely problematic, Trump’s 2-week-old administration has a third category: leaks from White House and agency officials alarmed by the president’s conduct.

“I’ve been in this town for 26 years. I have never seen anything like this,” said Eliot Cohen, a senior State Department official under President George W. Bush and a member of his National Security Council. “I genuinely do not think this is a mentally healthy president

Trump is even crazier than George Dubya...

Richard Nephew, a State Department expert on Iran sanctions under Obama, said some of the leaks from the agencies are likely efforts to let the public know that their advice has not been followed, in the event something bad happens down the road.

“This, I think, is about making it clear that these folks have tried to do the right thing and there is only so much they can do with a hostile administration,” Nephew said.

But to (Eliot) Cohen, who now teaches at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, the problem is not the leakers.

It’s the president. Because Trump has shown no true affection or respect for anyone outside his immediate family, Cohen said, he cannot expect that of his staff. “This is what happens when you have a narcissist as president.”

Staffers are worried, the security apparatus is worried, senate is worried...
They're all uneasy about the President's conduct and the result of having a narcissist as a President.

It's out there, in black and white

edit on 13/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join