It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken repeats senators' concern that Trump is 'not right mentally'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Why? Trumps racism is more the issue. Quit deflecting

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The left considers anyone who thinks, uses facts, logic or reason to be mentally unstable. It just goes against all their principles.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The thing is, it's not about Franken this, Franken that, Franken the other ... it's the fact that he's come out, on national TV (irrespective of whichever channel it is), saying that some senators are giving voice to missgivings.

I get that the wording 'not right mentally' is a layman's way of describing things, but (I'm really not trolling here), i'm wondering if this could be the start of a drip-drip campain

How long before there's a language shift to something more precise such as 'mentally unstable', 'unbalanced' ....

edit on 13/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The constant lies, the constant need for praise, for self aggrandizement, to be thought the best,

Obama kissed the world's ass for 8 years, so everyone would like him. I guess you'd call that a good trait, as long as a Liberal were doing though, right?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
ok so the thread is supposed to be about trumps mental health as the title and OP attest but page one is about Elizabeth Warren and the second page was all about Al Franken so I'm hoping that when I do get around to page three the tide will have turned and we can start the discussion. I'll wait...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: redempsh

I often wonder what is being pumped into the water supply, or sprayed overhead, in districts that elect and re-elect people to high office, who would be cooking at Denny's otherwise.

Or selling real estate or doing reality tv.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
The left considers anyone who thinks, uses facts, logic or reason to be mentally unstable. It just goes against all their principles.

Surely you are not applying those adjectives to donald trump... No you can't be.
Can we talk about his mental disabilities NOW????
edit on 2132017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Don't even compare the two. It's insulting to Obama that the man even has the same title he had. It's disgusting what trump is doing to the office and position.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
'Not right mentally' doesn't necessarily mean that he's mentally disabled !

We've heard that he has a 'narcissistic-persecution' thing going on, that he has trouble staying focused and what have you; but even so, that isn't the premise of the thread.

The premise, or at least my question, is more about Franken going on t.v and saying that senators are concerned and seemingly being sanctioned to do so : no one has so far disowned Franken's comments.

My post above is pretty clear, is this the start (or a wake up call) of a 'something's not right in Denmark'' moment

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Its petty partisanship.

Al Franken is merely a squeaky wheel. He doesn't provide meaningful leadership for his constituents, as he hasn't managed to do anything of real note while in office.

His most noteworthy contributions, prior to today, in politics have been his constant droning of insults about Bush while he was in office. Franken is an actor/comedian, and his only real contribution to his party stems from this as he is called on to delivery one or two line quips.

The irony: Trump already seems to hate SNL because he apparently is a gay fish. Franken is a former SNL cast member. I can imagine Trump will double down on the SNL hate.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
"am on [the committee on] Indian affairs"

I thought we are supposed to call them native Americans? Why is Frenken being so insensitive?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Why? Trumps racism is more the issue. Quit deflecting

What racism is that? I know this is futile, but could you provide an example?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anything claimed without an in depth examination is nothing more than a best guess... An opinion... Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
A bit like Boris Johnson then :p

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You can't prove it. But the massive decline in middle class America has been seen as an attack on "white America". I think it was more an attack on "privileged America", regardless of race. Its progressivism.

I would say Obama is more "racial" and not "racist". Matters of race seem to be prevalent in much of what he says. In all fairness, though, it could be that his remarks being quoted are typically the result of a press goading him about matters of race.

But while Obama has been in office, it seems matters of race (and constant cries of racism) have become our new norm.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not with psychiatry. That is a medical discipline that relies solely on observation. No exam except observing is necessary.
A professional opinion that carries weight.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Please stop.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
This Al Franken?

That is the guy!
The face of the dems???

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The same. Stuart Smalley.

He's not "the face of the dems". He's a marginal congressman from Minnesota that only makes the news when a "not democrat" is in office and he decides to sling mud.

Before this, no one cared about his opinion since GW Bush left office. And even then, it was just because of his mud slinging.

He's an early symptom of what went wrong in the DNC. BUt not the face of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Considering Al Franken isn't a mental health expert, but he does have double doctorate in Political HACK.

Any chance Trump critics get to disparage Trump they just can't help themselves.

He's not claiming to be a MH expert. He simply commented that many of the GOP Congressmen are concerned about Trump's constant lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join