It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It kind of reminds me of the older child feeling jealous of the newborn child in the family. Both kids are loved by their parents, but the 1st born feels like he/she is going to be forgotten about and treated worse now. Somehow they think they're no longer the favorite kid.

And the thing is, a lot of the damage to these people's economic situation was done during the 8 years of Bush Jr. -- who pretty much stripped Wallstreet of all regulation, leading to the huge crash in '08.

I actually watched a pretty good documentary on it this morning on Netflix...don't remember the name, as I kind of walked out into the living room with it already on the TV. It was a good one though, with a lot of interviews of ex-Goldman and AIG people.

So these people continually vote against their own best interests because they're told be upset and blame the wrong people, told they're victims and that its "those people" who are making them victims...all the while being mislead/distracted from the real people causing the misfortune in their lives.

It's really quite crazy. And sad. Especially when an obvious con man like Trump comes along, taking advantage of the fear, anger, anxiety, ect that's been sold to these people.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Good grief.

Ugh, make America great again. This is 100% about the economic condition of the country. It has nothing to do with race to any trump supporters other than the 1000 or so real white suppremists the left is desperately trying to link to half the population.

We are 20 trillion in debt, wages have not increased in 15 years, the middle class is disappearing. That's what make America great again is about.

I am a white male, I do not fear people of different skin color at all. I fear stupid people who actually believe that it matters.

This entire thread is made up garbage you leftists spit out to make yourself feel superior. What it really does is creates racism against whites and makes you look idiotic to anyone who isn't brainwashed by you ideaology.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
HeeHee.

So, basically, the OP is all about how every minority is an aggrieved group who needs government help and protection from oppression.

But whites aren't allowed to be a "minority group."

Just like the Democrat candidate who lost out to Clinton and Sanders early on, for saying "all lives matter."

That's so racis.

This is the crowd who will lecture and old homeless vet, who happens to be white, about how he needs to check his white privilege. They are the same one who will say that any poor whites who votes for republicans is "voting against their own interest."

Looking to upper-class white liberals for permission to exercise your rights is an obvious waste of time. For ANY group. They are not going to defend your interests in any case; their views are only going to serve their own social class. So if you are a college-age, trust-fund baby, then by all means--look to them for instructions on how to live your life.

But if you live in a non-metropolitan state, and aren't "college material" anyway, then you are set free. Because knowing that you'll never get the approval of affluent whites means that you can give up on trying to win their approval.

At this point, the word "racist" is so over used that it no longer means anything. It is now merely a term for causcasoid.

So, if you are a lower class white, you are a racis. Relax. everyone else is, too. Now, go on with your day.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
whoops, hold on....

edit on 13-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Damn my dude, you wasted your time trying to have a discussion with the trumpettes on this site. the only thing they are willing to believe is whatever comes out of trumps mouth and thats its only white people in this country that are victims of racism.

The past doesnt exist and never mattered, thats all that matters to the trump hype train. otherwise, they'd know that in this country, all of dirt has been done to get 'Murica here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You make out as if emotions and feelings are dictated by words. They are NOT.

If somebody is walking on the street and they smile at you, then spit in your face and walk off laughing to their friends, it's not as if you would immediately think to yourself "Ok, I am experiencing anger. Right now I can feel my pulse increase, my hands are sweaty and my chest is tight. I will just remember that any response that is driven by me feeling angry is wrong. It will not help anybody if I am aggressive or violence toward this person, it's best to just move on. So glad I was able to be rational and not escalate the situation."

You are pretty much implying that the above is a realistic response. It is not.

Yes, you can think about what has just happened and make an informed decision not to escalate the situation, but you CANNOT prevent your emotions from surfacing — unless you are over-medicated.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: onthedownlow
I guess we know why the liberals are so 'triggered'. They actually believe this crap. Sigh

I dunno, from the fevered responses I'm getting so far, I'd say quite a few people here are triggered...

Oh so AMEN to that one!! *__-
To a 'snowflake', the world is filled with 'snowflakes'!
The world is the mirror...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Dark Ghost

They can certainly choose not to feel grief and loss if they want to. We have the ability to re-frame what we think about onto other things. And if we change what we think about, we change our emotional state.

Wow. Just wow.

Live long and prosper, I guess...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"What mass murders are you blaming on the Left now?"

You seem to forget about Dallas, Baton Rogue. There are other less noted details surrounding those events ( such as but not limited to how after Dallas BLM then doubled down and held nationwide celebratory marches [for days wasnt it?]).

Tortures: Those Critical Race Theory indoctrinated hyper-racist degenerate Chicago thugs abducted and tortured that autistic kids for days. We all only saw a little sliver of his horrific experience, but in that clip we heard "F- Donald Trump" ETC ETC. So dont play dumbfounded.

"The Nation -  Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy" (and all that)

NOTE: I dont speak for Republicans, or conservatives [nor even Libertarian's (the party) anymore]. You should know that by now, if you could ever hang up your binary partisanship (maybe get that book "The Reactionary Mind" i just saw in one of your links). I do speak for truth, sanity, and the long term prosperity society as a whole (especially children victimized by predatory social engineers and the like). So you're really wasting your time with those kinds of deflections, with me. Yet I'll still play along...

Interesting. Left/Right politics, etc etc pro-tribalism isn't my scene, so I never noted that. I read that whole page. I dont care to play the whole audio, but if you have a better page highlighting the quote quotes specific to this supposedly rampant diabolical minority harming agenda, then please do post.

Or if you want me to play the whole thing, I will, but in kind you'll have to play the "Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party". We'll have a blast! Don't forget, I'm not a republican/conservative so my tribalist emotional investment at this juncture is something non-existent compared to yours, that is being able to defend the team isn't even a thing for me, but I'll play along with you.

With the quotes they did paste in, I could see where a lot of people would be all OMG. Yet that compared to the mass scale CRT/PS/PC/SJW craze I finally took note of last year, on a shock value of 1-10 that page is a 0.1 to the SJW's 10.

I'm no expert on this: can you provide all kinds of demonstrations of actual GOP policies that directly hurt se black folks? It seems I'd have stumbled into, you guys would constantly be posting that kind of stuff. Instead what I've seen is all kinds of examples of liberal run cities that are ever increasingly detrimental to their minority inhabitants by essentially every metric. "Plantation Politicks" is the term here.

I know one thing, if the DNC was truly all about economic policies that hurt our poorest people then they'd be all in against the inflation model (how the poorest people, in particular that dont own homes, have nil ability to hedge against the dollar devaluation wealth plundering effect of Inflation. They'd be against the policy. They'd be against se rap Bling Bling rampant consumer culture that exceedingly promotes buying crap that intensifies this effect. They'd be all about educating people to strive to hedge against it, be wise with their budgeting, etc. Instead, the same companies that own all that "pro-minority" liberal media also own all the other TV channels including MTV & BET whom are the ultimate ringleaders in promoting hyper indulgency in general, with sex & bling bling in particular.

The parts about gerrymandering, I'm no fan of that at all. Apparently you missed my piece the other day where I chastised these kinds of Electioneering practices.

Yet I still view that as an electioneering practice. Not a social engineering scheme.

Setting your party up to win based on demographics is a fry cry from promoting hyper-tribalism (which inevitably leads to hyper-bigotry).

Yet I wouldnt ever say the Republican's dont use Identity Politics. In fact in 2007 I did just that. I even said there was a sort of implicit race thing. But again that's a far cry from overt increasingly bare knuckle socially engineered hyper-tribalist obsessionism: race, and all this crazy 71 genders stuff, sexism, sexuality, multiculturalism, globalism and so on (ala Critical Race Theory + Progressive Stack) all merged as one SOLID political super-identity. You ever wonder why it is so common for liberals now to rattle off "racist sexist homophobe islamophobe xenophobe bigot" in response to anything and everything they find offensive?

I had actually started writing this bottom part in a different approach (and ran out of space), and ended up basically writing something I've been needing to OP for a while, and I will dress it up better and do that sometime soon. I hope to see you there, but you've replied to maybe two of my threads total so I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 13-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Damn my dude, you wasted your time trying to have a discussion with the trumpettes on this site. the only thing they are willing to believe is whatever comes out of trumps mouth and thats its only white people in this country that are victims of racism.

The past doesnt exist and never mattered, thats all that matters to the trump hype train. otherwise, they'd know that in this country, all of dirt has been done to get 'Murica here.

Actually, the past doesn't exist any more. Just as the future doesn't exist yet. All there is, is right now. And what you choose to do to better yourself. Racism occurs to everyone, it's easily seen now with people being brainwashed into feeling white guilt. Some lefty do-gooders ever want everyone to blend together so there is no difference between us. Like you know, when a little kid mashes all the different plasticine colours together and is left with a bland grey blob.

Next on the agenda, those racist rainbows, how dare they have so many colours in an oppressive order, and why do they hate the colour black so much.... *wags finger at sky*

Oh and noting your final remark... Yes, the past is what created today. Would you prefer your fantastic utopia, if you were not there to live it? Everyone alive today, with all the options before them, are the result of the past. A past that cannot be changed, a past that has been and gone, and is now nothing more than words in books, memories in some grey gunk that runs on chemicals and electrical signals, or told to others with any given bias included...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
Like you know, when a little kid mashes all the different plasticine colours together and is left with a bland grey blob.

When we were kids (up north), when we'd mix all the slushy favors together we called that the "suicide".

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I'm glad you see it that way, but unfortunately it's a quite prevalent and widely spread belief among "conservatives".

Just about everyone has a self-described conservative uncle/family member who blames an ethnic, religious, or some other group of people for their own personal misfortunes.

And I'd believe that there's a faction inside the conservative camp pushing this agenda, just as the SJW types try to infect the Democrat/progressives.

Do you find it at all ironic that it's a staple of your party to blame white people for their problems?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
BUT PERFECT FOR THE JOB AT HAND! He's a maverick and unconventional and that's what the US (and the UK) needs right now in order to facilitate effective and positive change! GO TRUMPY GO AND IGNORE THE GRUMPY LIBERALS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL NUMPTY!!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I'm glad you see it that way, but unfortunately it's a quite prevalent and widely spread belief among "conservatives".

Just about everyone has a self-described conservative uncle/family member who blames an ethnic, religious, or some other group of people for their own personal misfortunes.

And I'd believe that there's a faction inside the conservative camp pushing this agenda, just as the SJW types try to infect the Democrat/progressives.

Everyone has a crazy uncle somewhere down the line

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

a reply to: conspiracy nut

It kind of reminds me of the older child feeling jealous of the newborn child in the family. Both kids are loved by their parents, but the 1st born feels like he/she is going to be forgotten about and treated worse now. Somehow they think they're no longer the favorite kid.

Great comparison

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
I guess we know why the liberals are so 'triggered'. They actually believe this crap. Sigh

I dunno, from the fevered responses I'm getting so far, I'd say quite a few people here are triggered...

Wait? What? Because honest thinking people blew holes on your theory, they're fevered, triggered responses?
I have no issues with anyone receiving SS, as long as they've earned their 40 credits plus from working or have a real debilitating affliction. I have no qualms with medicare users either, as long as they paid into the system and aren't defrauding the system. Etc., etc. etc. It's the folks (of ALL races/cultures) who sit back, refuse to participate in society, tben expect handouts or use obvious intelligence to defraud honest working taxpayers. And before you go there, yes I'm white...and male. However I grew up eating out of cans stamped "CHEESE' and 'PEANUT BUTTER" that my single mother picked up from a food distribution center. I enlisted at 18 to get out and over time earned a Master of Science, sitting in actual classrooms, while working full-time (and surprise! There were folks of all races/cultures in those courses, as it was a multi-cultural university). Please try and resist from defining me, my beliefs, or my feelings on race relations...and I'll do the same for you, as a matter of courtesy. As many in this thread have already articulated much better than I could, when the Left stops the race baiting, society in America may have a chance going forward.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I've seen a lot of projection from Trump people on the defensive. This article takes a hard (and revealing) look at what's going on:

To paraphrase a popular idiom, when you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination. These data suggest that this feeling of loss and victimization, and the need for racial solidarity to protect what remains, is core to understanding Trump’s appeal.

An interesting take on Trump's red-hat slogan:

As John Paul Brammer notes, Trump’s slogan, “‘Make America Great Again,’ speaks to that victimhood. We were great once. We aren’t anymore, because of those people.”

And what exactly are "those people" doing? What's the problem?

Trump supporters believe that whites and Christians face discrimination while people of color reap the benefits of government largess. Far from being concerned about “facts, not feelings,” Trump supporters and the conservative movement have created a false narrative of victimhood that motivates their supporters.

But there's more to this than just an impending sense that one's skin color won't dominate private business and government. The cognitive dissonance and lies they're willing to accept is quite unprecedented:

Conservatives must create an ideological bubble in which crime is out of control (instead of hovering near historic lows), the rate of abortion is rising (instead of falling), refugees are committing terrorist attacks en masse (they aren’t at all) and immigrants are taking jobs (it’s the capitalists), all while the government is funneling money to undeserving black people (black people receive government support in accordance with their share of the population, despite making up a disproportionately large share of the poor). Conservatives, and many in the general public, believe that Muslims and immigrants (both legal and unauthorized) make up a dramatically larger share of the population than they actually do.

They literally create a scary word (or tell themselves its scary) in order to feel better about electing an authoritarian. Historically when the population is scared, they seek to submit to a strong leader -- and the conservatives in the United States have foolishly duped themselves thinking Trump is this leader.

And to reinforce this delusional narrative that has no basis in reality, they demonize anyone who dares challenge it:

At the same time, the right has created a caricature of their opponents on the left. In this imagined caricature, the left is sensitive to being “triggered” at every corner, but also capable of unspeakable political violence. The activist left are “snowflakes” on one hand, and brutal killers on the other. In reality, political violence has long been a tactic of the right, from the labor violence that left thousands of workers dead to lynchings to brutality against peaceful protesters inflicted by corporate security and police to the harassment of women seeking abortion, the destruction of abortion clinics and the assassination of doctors who provide abortions. The rhetoric of victimization has costs — white supremacists are committing unspeakable violence to combat the perceived threat of immigrants, Muslims and people of color. For the next four years, we are likely to have a government driven by perceptions of white Christian victimhood.

Special snowflakes and victims indeed. It seems imperative that this victim hood be maintained. Social Security, VA benefits, Medicare -- all of that is FINE if they're using it, but not OK if a minority or one of Reagan's "welfare queens" is.

The article goes into a intricate detail, breaking down exactly how Republicans and Democrats differ on 'white discrimination' in America:

Among Republicans, but particularly among Trump supporters, feelings of white discrimination and loss were profound. Among white Democrats, 74 percent said whites face “little or no” discrimination, compared to 51 percent of white Republicans. While 75 percent of white Democrats said Christians face “little or no” discrimination, only 30 percent of white Republicans did.

Link

And this fits. Listen to AM talk radio. Watch Fox & Friends. The narrative is that white Christians are persecuted and the world is out to destroy them.

Saying "happy holidays" isn't an act of war on your religion. Come on. To me, that right there is evidence of the special snowflake victim hood syndrome that Trump has now fully taken advantage of.

They continue to claim they're victims, and yet at the same time attack any minority group that tries to speak out against being marginalized and victimized because of their ethnicity or minority status.

It seems President LBJ's prophetic quote is more relevant than ever in today's hostile political climate, and Trump has seized upon it:

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." - LBJ

Right now in America ... a vocal minority of Trump supporters who believed they were in 1st place feel threatened that the person in 3rd place made it to 2nd place.

ROLMAO ... Now the left comes out with "white victimhood" after they have been exposed as creating a victimhood mentality in blacks and young people. ..... This whole political correctness cultural marxism is a sad joke on the idiots who buy into it.

this post is nothing more than another poorly designed psyop posted here on ATS ... it should be in the hoax bin with so much of the left wing trash posted here since the fall of Rotten Hillary Clinton ....
edit on 13-2-2017 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
I think the most troubling thing I'm seeing as of late, is that suddenly, caring about the rights and wellbeing of others, is somehow a bad thing now.

I'm not sure when being compassionate, considerate, and empathetic to others, became something bad.

I don't care if being heartless is the new trend, I don't want any part of it.

When I see these rants from people, all I see is how much they don't care about anything or anyone but themselves, and it's gross.

True...the sheer spite and wanting to see America burn and yet maintain a safe space for themselves is reckless amd provably a very dangerous threat.

Now that Trump announces no more illogical politically correct morons are going to continue running the country into the ground while in the twisted dreams everything will be heavenly in the end.

The young white people i have talked to lately are almost as badly brainwashed as any group in history but luckily the wave of PC thought police is now being challenged...and we can recover many from the thoughts that we should all suffer... :because:

Left leaners beware...you will be run over by BOTH SIDES soon...try and free your minds from these warm and fuzzy shackles that make you feel empowered and part of the NEW WORLD.

Those that run your movement are the same bastards that created Ultra Conservative Right...the same things you now hate...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns

ROLMAO ... Now the left comes out with "white victimhood" after they have been exposed as creating a victimhood mentality in blacks and young people. ..... This whole political correctness cultural marxism is a sad joke on the idiots who buy into it.

Excellent point. Whites don't HAVE to take the bait.

If you think about it, you can sense the truth that your future prosperity as an individual or a group will not come from being somebody's bitch; from being the victim that the ruling class deigns to protect.

I don't think one group of humans is better than other groups, in either value or ability. But MY group of humans is more likely to respect my goals and dreams, and not just use me as much as outsiders will.

So I'm not a racist, but rather a TRIBALIST.

My tribe aren't better, but they are mine. I need to stick with "my own kind" because the rest are just out to screw me, and will try to screw me using words and legalisms if they can.

The liberals/elite thought they could win without my tribe; they didn't even WANT votes from deplorables. They wish we'd all just die already anyway. Like all the working people, locked in steerage aboard the Titanic.

Their complaint about DJ Trump always devolves into 1 of 2 streams:
a) Trump doesn't play by the rules
b) Trump says ugly hateful things.

Well, they game is rigged so that only a liberal can win at it. The only acceptable way for a president to behave, according the the Davros elite, is for s/he to be a liberal. so, cool. The worse they think Trump is, the better of a job he is doing. for America

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Salon.COM? roflmao

Why should a white person feel guilty about being born white any more than a person of any other color of skin?

Freakin unbelievable! But keep on race baiting!

I was saving this for someone else, but what the hell! Let your white privilege flow!

BTW????? Ask NETFLIX how Race Baiting is working out for them and their stock holders! roflmao idiots!

Are you not smart enough to get this?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join