It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Fear of what they don't understand becomes racism & hate.

Their brains are too small and narrow-minded to educate themselves and accept equal rights.

They freaked themselves out so much over our first black president granting trans and gay rights that they threw themselves in a tizzy and voted for Trump.

This is the worst analysis of the 2016 election to date.

Write it down and send it to the Huffington Post. Might get some money for it, but I wouldn't hold your breath if their rapidly declining site views are anything to go by.

Donald Trump isn't even anti-gay rights. First Republican nominee to speak positively on the issue if I recall.
edit on -060010pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Kettu

You believe whatever you want to sweet cheeks, the fact remains though that Salon pushes the narrative that Trump voters are racist nutjobs regardless of what the actual truth is. In that way, it's no different to the stormfront stuff that can only ever put forward the view that Liberals are all baby eating freaks.

That was why I made the comparison, if you would rather use semantics to try and avoid the point I made, then that's up to you, but it's a pretty pointless thing to do.

Assuming what you said is true, that Salon's narrative is that ALL Trump voters are racist nutjobs -- that's somehow on the same level as mass murderers?

So in your mind murder is just as bad as calling someone a racist?

And how does that not come off as sounding like a nutjob? *scratches head*

Nope, murder is murder, name calling something else. conflating the two things to try and dodge a point I made is just lame.

Hold onto your prejudices if that makes you feel all warm and cozy, just try not to get upset when other people see them for what they are.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
I know, it's hard to swallow. But oh so true...maybe not all, but rings true for many, seen it with my own eyes. Sad

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

No one asked you to feel guilty.

Except the media, education system and political system which are consistently there to remind you how good you have it and how bad about the past you ought to feel because you happen to have pale skin.

No one makes you feel anything.

Care to explain grief, frustration and apprehension? Most people don't choose to experience those emotions.

What ever it is you feel, you choose to feel that way.

Utter nonsense. We do not get to decide how we feel the vast majority of the time. We can choose how we react most of the time, but not how we feel.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

You do choose how you feel. If you decide to believe everything on the news and become hateful bc of it, you made 2 choices...yourself.

1. To believe everything you hear
2. To become miserable and hateful instead of taking the time to seek truth and facts.

Your choice, no one else is responsible for your choices.

Also, you choose how you react all of the time, and how to feel about it...all of the time.

If you believe you don't, that means you have no control, grab the reigns.
edit on 12-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Give CBT a shot sometime.

You absolutely have the ability to choose your emotional state by thinking different thoughts and using different words.

How you react influences how you feel. If you choose to react differently, you will feel differently.

So, you are saying that your emotional state is totally up to other people? You are at the mercy of everyone else around you? You're not in control of your own emotions, thoughts and feelings?

That's a terrifying way to live, I'm sorry if that's the case for you

Like I said, look into cognitive behavioral therapy sometime -- it's pretty awesome!

EDIT: Actually, I'm a huge advocate of CBT. Most of us could ALL use some bits and pieces of CBT to improve ourselves.
edit on 12-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Ohanka

Gallop? They skew their polls 11% to the liberal side? You do know that right? The meltdowns on election day demanding to know how their got their polls wrong. Because they were absolutely fake. The ones who got it right, you think you are fake? Really?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The hijacked left who have betrayed the real left, still keep on with the same big errors, they never learn do they?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You know...

Most of the people bringing up the whole Trumpists are "racists" or "xenophobic" ....

Are Trump followers themselves!

The nerves are so raw with these sensitive snowflakes, they instantly and preemptively jump on the "Stop calling us all racists!" train as soon as the issue of their white fragility is brought up.

Is there some sort of guilt being felt? Is that why they try to throw out that tired old trope ahead of time?

Once again, this is only proving the self-victimization that the entire article I posted talks about....

Racist? Xenophobic? Hell, you left out literally Hitler!

FYI? Calling people those names because you don't have an argument to win has become nothing more than raising the white flag of surrender!

Any more names you can come up with that haven't been worn out?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You do choose how you feel. If you decide to believe everything on the news and become hateful bc of it, you made 2 choices...yourself.

1. To believe everything you hear
2. To become miserable and hateful instead of taking the time to seek thrush and facts.

Your choice, no one else is responsible for your choices.

You are confusing thoughts, feelings and actions. They are not interchangeable terms.

edit on 12/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You know...

Most of the people bringing up the whole Trumpists are "racists" or "xenophobic" ....

Are Trump followers themselves!

The nerves are so raw with these sensitive snowflakes, they instantly and preemptively jump on the "Stop calling us all racists!" train as soon as the issue of their white fragility is brought up.

Is there some sort of guilt being felt? Is that why they try to throw out that tired old trope ahead of time?

Once again, this is only proving the self-victimization that the entire article I posted talks about....

Racist? Xenophobic? Hell, you left out literally Hitler!

FYI? Calling people those names because you don't have an argument to win has become nothing more than raising the white flag of surrender!

Any more names you can come up with that haven't been worn out?

...I....am....at a loss.

Can someone else help me out here? Is this guy messing with me? I have to assume so? I certainly didn't call him or any Trump follower any of the names he listed.

And no...I don't have any more names, maybe Trump followers can come up with some more names they think progressives will soon be calling them?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Tempter
One can only HOPE the left keeps up driving whites (and others) into solidarity with more articles such as this.

Is racial solidarity in political matters an important concern of yours?

If the only other option is hivethink with the left, yes.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

but you can't blames anyone else for your thoughts and feelings.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I enjoy the laments of both sides.

It's like a delicious stink.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

They just get really defensive bc they know deep down inside there's hate and bigotry brewing inside them and sometimes they can't help it and ramble on message boards to try and minimize it but it actually does the opposite.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Give CBT a shot sometime.

I have done CBT.

You absolutely have the ability to choose your emotional state by thinking different thoughts and using different words.

Emotions are not primarily experienced through words.

How you react influences how you feel. If you choose to react differently, you will feel differently.

You cannot always choose your inner reaction to external stimuli. You can choose your behaviour in terms of how you interact and treat others, but not your internal emotional state.

So, you are saying that your emotional state is totally up to other people? You are at the mercy of everyone else around you? You're not in control of your own emotions, thoughts and feelings?

No, that is NOT what I am saying.

There is a balance between your inner mental functioning and external environment. There is no evidence that either nature or nurture is definitively correct.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

but you can't blames anyone else for your thoughts and feelings.

So if Bob kidnaps, tortures and murders Doug, Doug's family chooses to feel grief and emotional torment?

If Sarah commits suicide, her mother can choose not to experience deep sadness, regret and emptiness at the loss of her daughter?

If Simon wins the lottery, he can choose whether he feels relief, elation and excitement?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Biased bs.

And what exactly are "those people" doing? What's the problem?

Murdering police officers, torturing and murdering white people, rioting and looting, just to name a few things. Yeah, its all because we view equality as being victimized. What a bunch of crap....lmao

You're essentially proving the article in the OP correct, you realize that don't you? I say that because you seem to buy into this narrative that the world is being destroyed for white people around you -- when the fact of the matter is ... it isn't.

I get that you want to believe that it's the case -- it feels good and makes sense to curl up into victim mode and blame the wrong group of people.

It's not minorities that have made life hard for working class rural white people -- it's the Goldman Sachs types that Mr. Trump has put onto his cabinet. This irrational fear and misguided victimhood is exactly what the article is discussing.

So its goldman sachs that are out there in the street killing police officers? Really?

WTF are you talking about???

I am not a victim and I am not an idiot either. Police are being murdered. There are riots in the streets. Looters are running wild and destroying businesses. Demonstrations are erupting into violence at every turn. And you actually think I feel a need to act like a victim because it feels good??? Sorry, but that is liberal methodology. I am nobody's victim. And I definitely wont fit in to your little victim box just so you can act like you figured something out. Wrong answer pal.

The only victims here are liberals who are so out of touch and disturbed by getting their asses handed to them in the last election they have to project this victim mentality onto conservatives in a desperate attempt to level the playing field. You are not going to build yourself up at my expense. Sorry, not going to happen.

In your own words: you lost - get over it.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i wouldn't want to paint all trump supporters with the same broad brush but i do believe there is a segment of america that does feel the way the article depicts. i do see a lot of complaining that "minorities and immigrants both illegal and legal get treated better than white americans." the whole affirmative action thing did not help at all.

i guess no matter what there is going to be a part of the population that feels slighted, just like at work everyone always feels like they are doing more than others and others are getting special treatment etc etc. sometimes you just have to mind your own business and go out there and get what you want in life.
edit on 13-2-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

They can certainly choose not to feel grief and loss if they want to. We have the ability to re-frame what we think about onto other things. And if we change what we think about, we change our emotional state.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join